LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Negative Offset Obsession....Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-11, 03:31 PM
Jasvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Negative Offset Obsession....Need Advice

Hi guys,i have a little predicament here.I drive a 1990 ls400 as in the pics and need some help on making these wheels work.They're ssr vienna kreis 19x10.5 inch wheels with an offset of negative 13.Test fitted them on my car and they poke out bout 2.5 inches which is a little too much.Have considered stretching 235/35 tires on it and cambering the wheels to the max but will still poke out too much rite?i'm unsure how much i can pull the fenders but all in all i need help on how i can pull the look off.Any advice on how i could make it work or is my negative offset obsession a little too much?

I like the clean lines and looks of the car and wouldnt like to put any widebodykit on.any suggestions?

The problem is i've always wanted a set of 19's on my car and have been searching for these wheels for quite some time and now that i've found it is in a ridiculous offset.As i live in Malaysia,these kinda wheels are quite difficult to come by and i am nt exactly spoilt for choice.Even if there are,they would be ridiculously expensive and i plan on sticking to my budget.i'm getting a good deal on these wheels so thats why i'm tryin my best to get it to fit.

The front's fit perfectly.Only the rears are the issue.I have already rolled the fenders from my previous wheel set up.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated!Thanks in advance...
Attached Thumbnails Negative Offset Obsession....Need Advice-27072011673.jpg   Negative Offset Obsession....Need Advice-27072011671.jpg   Negative Offset Obsession....Need Advice-27072011670.jpg   Negative Offset Obsession....Need Advice-27072011667.jpg   Negative Offset Obsession....Need Advice-27072011666.jpg  

Old 08-15-11, 04:28 PM
Rey
Pole Position

Max stretch, max neg camber and pull how ever much else you might need.

You will also have to be a lot lower to pull that off correctly.
Old 08-15-11, 04:50 PM
Jasvin
Driver School Candidate

Do you think that could work or will it still poke out too much?Coz the biggest negative offset i've come across on this forum is 10 inches width and negative 6 or 10.

Some have said its gonna look odd with the stock rear bumpers and sides with just a massive fender pull and flare...

I'm just afraid of pulling the fenders and not pulling off the look as its gonna be impossible to revert back to the fenders original shape.

The tire shops around here arent too keen on stretching the tires.Max stretch i can convince them to try would be 235/35's.Will that work?
Old 08-15-11, 05:10 PM
Rey
Pole Position

Have you posted this on vipstylecars.com ? Im sure you would get a lot more useful advice for your situation.
Old 08-15-11, 06:36 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

to pull this of right you will need either 12-15*+ camber AND a BIG pull.

VSC, the VIP forum here, and stancenation are where you need to be looking.

a 2nd gen could pull it off with a decent pull and moderate camber.
Old 08-15-11, 07:20 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ran a 10 -5 in the rear and i had 235/40 (too big of a tire) with pulled fenders. with 235/35 and pulled fenders with some camber, u should run those wheels easily. www.vipstylecars.com/forums is a helpful site and dont bother with stancenation, all crap over there.
Old 08-15-11, 07:32 PM
S30ZG
Pole Position

I'm running a 19x10 -7 in the rear with -6 degrees, a massive pull and a 215/35

Still have a few mm of clearance on each side, threw my 8mm slip-on spacers on and had -15 effectively. Would run that but stacking spacers is pretty sketch with only a few mm of threads for the lug nuts.
Old 08-16-11, 06:04 AM
Jasvin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by S30ZG
I'm running a 19x10 -7 in the rear with -6 degrees, a massive pull and a 215/35

Still have a few mm of clearance on each side, threw my 8mm slip-on spacers on and had -15 effectively. Would run that but stacking spacers is pretty sketch with only a few mm of threads for the lug nuts.
Thanks for the feedback S30ZG,yeah,not a fan of spacers myself.nw with your massive pull,and -15 effective offset,these are 10.5 inch wheels so effectively i would still have an extra 11mm to deal with which with the maximum pull,is still gonna poke out a little too much and rub the fenders right?

Can you run -6 neg camber on the rears?i thought the max was -2.5 thru the lower arms?

I can only run 235/35/19's on my wheels.no one wants to try anythin smaller and honestly i'm afraid too...haha

P.S:i love the way your car looks dude...its sick.Love the color and love the stance.Dare i say,would have chosen that silver over black any day.
Old 08-16-11, 06:10 AM
Jasvin
Driver School Candidate

Hi rey and puredrifter,cant seem to access Vipstyle cars forum from here,its either down or its been blocked.can access stancenation however and will try posting up there.Thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 08-16-11, 06:14 AM
Jasvin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
ran a 10 -5 in the rear and i had 235/40 (too big of a tire) with pulled fenders. with 235/35 and pulled fenders with some camber, u should run those wheels easily. www.vipstylecars.com/forums is a helpful site and dont bother with stancenation, all crap over there.
Is that your car when you were running those 10 -5's in the link on your signature?is that how it looked with the pull?i must say thats the look i'm after with my car as well.If i can achieve that then its all systems go....
Old 08-16-11, 06:24 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

yep it is, u might need some bodywork on the rear quarter panel or paint.
Old 08-16-11, 06:57 AM
Jasvin
Driver School Candidate

yep it is, u might need some bodywork on the rear quarter panel or paint.
But yours was a 10 -5,these are 10.5 -13 so there's an extra poke of almost an inch or 21mm's.so its still not gonna be as flush as your fitment and stance rite?thats whats bothering me.dont want it to poke out too much til it looks weird.Too much poke ruins the look of the car IMO.Sorry for being fussy but just bear with me pls.

Dont mind the paint as the car's due for a new paintjob at the end of the rear.Hw much bodywork are we talkin bout?
Old 08-16-11, 07:03 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

well the bodywork will help make the fenders look a look smoother.

i started off with this.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...g/IMG_0244.jpg
and ended up with this
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...g/IMG_0251.jpg

the rust on the quarter panel threw off the pull but that will get fixed eventually.
Old 08-16-11, 06:08 PM
Jasvin
Driver School Candidate

well the bodywork will help make the fenders look a look smoother.

i started off with this.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...g/IMG_0244.jpg
and ended up with this
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/h...g/IMG_0251.jpg

the rust on the quarter panel threw off the pull but that will get fixed eventually.
I must say,this helps alot LiCelsior!

Did u just use a roller to get that flare and keep adding the spacers to keep pulling and flaring?

What was the poke before you started pulling?was it s much s mine,poke of 2.5inches?

Would love to see more pics of your car dude...i'm loving it...
Old 08-16-11, 06:22 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

yea i used just a roller to get that, its not the best job but it got it done. i just kept rolling and fitting the wheel to see where it was as far as clearance.

the amount of poke is shown in the first pic i threw up. im gonna guess around 1.5-2" of poke.

one thing ur gonna experience is that on the inside of the quarter panel, theres a hump that hangs low. ur gonna need to hammer that in or its going to rub like crazy.

Quick Reply: Negative Offset Obsession....Need Advice