LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Lexus Service in Los Angeles Area

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-02, 03:07 PM
HoleinOne
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Service in Los Angeles Area

I need to find a good service department in the LA area. My office is near Beverly Hills; but Jim Falk's service seems ordinary. I noticed that there are other Lexus dealers that would drop off a comparable model as a loaner and pick up your car with a flatbed for service (Jim Falk doesn't even provide loaners for same day service let alone picking up your car).

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-06-02, 05:05 PM
Lvangundy

Try south bay exus at Main: (310) 325-9999

I know they offer cars to people all the time. Just make sure you request it. I'm not sure about them driving 30 miles to Beverly Hills tho..

When you call ask for service department. There is usually a woman named Shirley or something that does service appointments. Their last time to drop off a car is at 2:45-3 pm.
Old 09-07-02, 11:14 PM
woppenhe
Rookie

I have had very good service over the past year form Santa Monica Lexus. I have an LS430, and as long as I call ahead, I can have a loaner whenever I wish. Most of the time I refuse their offer, because it is right on the bus line to my office and it easier not to have to worry about a car exchange. I just drop it off in the AM, and pick it up when I am ready. On one occasion, they made it easy for me to pick it up after hours at the sales receptionist area, when I was delayed. The service itself has been very good, and I have not had to return the car. Right after I bought the car, there were some non mechanical issues that took a while to resolve, but they did in the end resolve them to my satisfaction. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Last edited by woppenhe; 09-07-02 at 11:14 PM.
Old 09-08-02, 12:07 PM
LS400
Club Lexus Editor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try out Keyes Lexus located in Van Nuys, LA.

If you have questions, you can PM their representative on the board: Keyes Lexus.
Old 09-08-02, 03:30 PM
Lvangundy

Frogot about Santa Monica lexus..I work pretty close to it, just it's such a small dealer.
Old 09-08-02, 08:49 PM
woppenhe
Rookie

Thumbs up

Yeah, but isn't that what you want for the best service. They have to care. They may not even be #2. Fact is, their technicians are trained the same place, use the same computers, and you are small potatoes in Beverly Hills, as you may have found out. I chose Lexus in part based on the fact that the Service was convenient to my home and work. It is half way in between. The initial problems I had were because I bought so early (Febuary 2001) and they hadn't yet finalized the analog cell Lexus Link contract for the new chips in the then new LS430. This was resolved in time, but it would have been nicer if they had told me this when I received the car. I had to find out in a rather circuituous fashion; they didn't share the info with their 800 number or their sales staff either. Other than that really non mechanical issue, I have had no real issues with the vehicle or the actual hands on mechanical service. Later in the year, they decided to replace all of the analog antennas in a national recall campaign. My was working fine, but they insisted. Got a loaner, coffee, a car wash, and a free tank of gas. How can you be upset over service like that. One day a light came on indicating something about an air conditioner filter. Although they were busy, they advised me to drop by that very hour--about 11:30 AM on a Saturday; the mechanic was waiting for me in the service area, took the car himself and returned it 15 minutes later (almost before I finished my latte). Simply needed the glove compartment air filter blown out with compressed air. Tha type of service would have taken a full day elsewhere, with strict scheduling protocols, stacked up service requests, etc. I know a few of the service writers by now; they really do aim to please, and I feel confident about visiting with them. Some issues have been transient. The check engine light came on once just after I started the vechicle--they asked for the car, immediately hooked up the computer, noted that there had been a recorded event (a misfire or ping), gave me a loaner on the spot, and then tried over the next 12 hours to duplicate the event. When they could not, they advised that it was an isolated event and to return if it recurred. It did not recur (over the past 4 months), and I doubt I would have had much faith in this approach, if I did not believe that they really did the exhaustive testing, and wanted to find an issue as much as I did. I could go on, but you get the idea. On a $70,000 piece of equipment like this, there has to be a partnership between the owner and dealer for the whole idea to work. They have to try harder, since as a group of owners, we paid more, and have higher expectations and demands compared to other purchases, where we may be frustrated with a product, but don't necessariuly expect anything other than run of the mill service. They are well aware of their customer expectations, and even encourage them-- 'relentless pursuit of perfection'. Because we both try to take good care of the vehicle, it still looks and rides as if new at 18 months and 22,500 miles. Give Santa Monica a try and tell them I sent you. You can show them this response. They will know who it is from, I'll bet.

Last edited by woppenhe; 09-08-02 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-09-02, 02:01 PM
HoleinOne
Rookie

Thanks for all the advise.