LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1st Gen LS400 ipod/mp3 cable routing

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-11, 10:01 PM
destin94ls
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Gen LS400 ipod/mp3 cable routing

I am installing a Pioneer avh-p4300 in my 94 ls, and I cant find a good place to run the usb cable from the back of the unit. I would like to keep my iphone in the armrest console and drill a hole for the cord to pass. None of the info Ive found shows how to completely disassemble the center console. Also how do I get the antenna to only raise when the head unit is in tuner mode, not just whenever its powered up. This is installed using the beatsonic sla-20 adapter, again this is on a 94 L400. Sorry if this has been covered before but Ive searched couldn't find an answer.
Old 04-30-11, 10:13 PM
deanshark
Pole Position

Received 312 Likes on 269 Posts

This shows most of the console removal. http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/body/cupholder.html Then there are a few more screws that you need to remove (you'll see them) and there are 3 clips that hold the front carpet to the center console on each side.
Old 05-03-11, 11:23 AM
destin94ls
Driver School Candidate

Anybody have any ideas on the antenna. How have you guys with double din units wired up your power antenna? I seem to remember seeing this on the forum but I can't find it. The guy at beatsonic said to go to radio shack and buy a switch to turn it on manually, but that still seems kind of ghetto to me. Is there not a wire that only stays hot when the tuner is selected, that I could tap into? Right now the antenna raises even if I'm just listinening to my iPod.
Old 05-03-11, 01:07 PM
fatcat2
Driver

Originally Posted by destin94ls
Anybody have any ideas on the antenna. How have you guys with double din units wired up your power antenna? I seem to remember seeing this on the forum but I can't find it. The guy at beatsonic said to go to radio shack and buy a switch to turn it on manually, but that still seems kind of ghetto to me. Is there not a wire that only stays hot when the tuner is selected, that I could tap into? Right now the antenna raises even if I'm just listinening to my iPod.
even though it seems ghetto i dont believe there is another way. i did a little research when i was installing the same unit in my ls, and only thing i could do is make it come up when unit is on. (it broke a few weeks later due to age but i dont think they're related)
Old 05-04-11, 01:22 AM
Extrudedco
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You shouldn't need to do a full disassembly to run the cable. When I did my aux mod I had pulled the cup holder to clean it plus the plastic box/liner thing from the center console and was able to run the cable just fine (it runs next to the shifter, there's some room to work with). I ran it up through where the phone used to be, so you may need to cut or drill a small hole to run the plug end of the cable out.
Old 05-04-11, 05:21 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ran mine under the cig lighter through the shifter tunnel and then up into the armrest compartment.
Old 05-04-11, 06:27 AM
emarknot
Pole Position

Originally Posted by destin94ls

I have a pioneer avic-z1 and it has the option to power the antenna.

av settings--) system settings--) antenna--) power or radio

maybe your settings have this option