LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

90 grey ls400 progress 180k

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-10, 03:07 PM
racerblx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 grey ls400 progress 180k

this car is my step dad's best friend's car, who passed away, wanted to trade it for a 2000 ls400 but my step dad will not sell it. so im trying to make it VIP. we had it since it was almost brand new. my step dad bought it right after his friend took it off the lot. my parents used to take this car to a very unexperienced and very expensive mechanic next to my house and they messed up the car more than its fixed. they broke the mirror and bondoed it, they messed up all the front lights and rear lights, most of them didnt turn on. and the front lights were not lined up at all. they bent the hood because they closed it on top of a big piece of wood. (the hood shocks are worn so they used a piece of wood to life it up) but anyway its been about half a year and here is my progress.

here are some recent pics, just put on a new hood, got it for free from a friend of mine. painted the grill yesterday to black because it was faded.

all the mods i did by myself. a lot of late nights!!

bought the hood emblem i think its wald i forgot. but its a plastic one from ebay, looks the same haha, but i didnt stick it on yet because i want to paint the whole car black first

SMD LED front and bottom markers and 8000k hids, had smd leds on the fogs but i burn it while trying to convert it.

New seat covers front and back from ebay, i think it was like 400 altogether. bought a better shape black armrest because i had gray interior.

double din kit harness and 2010 pioneer double din all from ebay, it was around 300, very very cheap. also send the climate control to get refurbished from a ebay seller. THEY HAD THE BEST SERVICE, they even called me to tell me that they have finished and they are going to send it back. 75 dollars to get refurb

5% tint all around SMD LED all in the back and high mount stop light. except turn signal and back up light because those lights are not worth wasting money because you don't really use it as often as brake lights but maybe later on when i got extra money to spend.(i will take another during night time, but they look SWEET!!) also tinted the strip of yellow on the tail light, cost 5 dollars, ebay sample tint, it was just enough for the strip of yellow. refurbished the antenna, although it does not work very well with the double din, it comes out when you turn on the car but it doesnt move with the radio. (if you look closer there is a rx300 next to the LS, that is going to be my next project haha)

daizen sway bar busings. new kyb shocks gr2. inner outter tie rob, new rack n pinion, did a seafoam through vacume hose. o yea changed every single interior light to white smd LEDs except for the dash. cleaned the throttle body and messed up the tps sensor.... got it fixed for 47 bucks. uhh broke the erg valve and the vsv while trying to replace all the old tubing, that was a expensive mistake found a erg valve on ebay but the vsv had to buy it from lexus parts now.

this is a strip light i put on both side of the foot light but after i did that, the lights on the shift lever and the ashtray light stopped working, i spent almost 2 hours trying to get them to work but no use. so i don't recommend doing this.

very powerful Digital design 8 inch sub i got from my friend for 100 dollars and a piece of crap amp but it still sounds okay.

so here are my mods that i did. i next is i think i will get some springs and lower it, getting air sus is just too expensive. also i want to paint it all black because the top of the car and the truck is fading. also i am getting some is250 sport package rims from my friend as soon as i can afford to put some tires on it. and maybe a better amp
Old 09-15-10, 11:45 AM
akitomk3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good progress on the car bro. DD is OG!