LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

ASE664 pricing rcvd (lower air suspension)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-02, 09:02 AM
healerhand
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do u have any information on installation? I might be interested when my TT is finish with 19" rims.
Old 07-27-02, 01:52 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy said that the manuals are in Japanese so they will provide support. I am not sure of the difficulty of installation but I think it is not that hard.
Old 07-27-02, 05:44 PM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

Originally posted by rsg
The guy said that the manuals are in Japanese so they will provide support. I am not sure of the difficulty of installation but I think it is not that hard.
seems kinda werid. I will wait for someone else to try this out and the results. Then i might consider buying. Dont feel like messing up me air suspension or electrical system.
Old 07-27-02, 11:27 PM
rsg
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I will just wait, retrodrive said he is going to post instructions on his website on how to lower the suspension using some kind of notch or something. But if anyone wants to buy it PM me for the importer's email address.
Old 08-05-02, 09:37 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Hey gang,

I just noticed this thread. I have a datasystem air suspension controller sitting on my desk here. I have the harness but it will need to be hardwired in. This model will work on the LS and it is the older version of the current setup. 250 for the controller and subharness complete. Full control of each corner on the fly...or parked...its so cool.

In my opinion there is great danger in driving your car with the height control selector off. So in Silvers case he should be more worried about the damage he is doing now rather than screwing up the electronics by adding a suspension controller. No disrespect at all in that statement but knowing how this system works....ie reading the service manual over and over...there is no way I would run with the selector off.

Here is a pic...
Attached Thumbnails ASE664 pricing rcvd (lower air suspension)-p8050010.jpg  
Old 08-06-02, 03:59 AM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

how did you get this unit?? was it imported or can it be found in the states.
Old 08-06-02, 07:03 AM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Silver,

Its imported. The only deal I knew about was RSG and the poss of buying new ones at 600 a pop. This is the same thing only the older version. It does the same things...
Old 08-06-02, 08:43 AM
SilverLS400
Pole Position

Originally posted by ToyLexmods
Silver,

Its imported. The only deal I knew about was RSG and the poss of buying new ones at 600 a pop. This is the same thing only the older version. It does the same things...
how would i go about wiring this unit?? where is the unit for the factory a.s located??
seems like a hard thing for me to do since i dont know much about the a.s system
Old 08-06-02, 10:10 AM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Silver,

If you took a look at the service manual...it would become quite clear. Still, it will take some work and anyone with electronics knowledge....ie stereo install...can do this. The AS ecu is in the trunk...that is why there is such a long wiring harness with this kit. You will need to hardwire 15 wires. I have decoded 10 wires so far and the unit is up and running with all the lights and ability to control hight at each corner. The remaining 5 wires still need some work...but, I dont have a car here with AS to finish the decode.
Old 08-06-02, 11:04 AM
JTJerryls400
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hihihi
That rods in suspension adjust some electric device similar to TPS. I think its sent voltage to suspension “computer” (maybe lover voltage when car is lower, high when car is high) -exactly as Throttle Positioning Sensor on the throttle body detect throttle position. All we need is split that wires before suspension “computer” and put some kind adjustable resistors. I think that is all.

It is pretty funny pay for that $600

but if you want...

sorry for my english
Jerry, Poland
Old 08-06-02, 11:08 AM
JTJerryls400
Pole Position

Of course you can put that resistors at black box and write on it AIR SUSPENSION HIGH CONTROLLER AIR TUNING KIT DESIGN BY BEST TUNING COMPANY AT ALL UNIVERSE or something as fancy and stupid.
Jerry
Old 08-06-02, 01:20 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Jerry,

Well, if you wish to go about the design and guarantee that it will not harm the suspension ecu...then by all means. Your welcome to it. Wire up everything...oh, how about memory, shock settings...shock setting display ect, ect.. Oh, forget the feature of having a nice controller mounted in the cabin with bells and whistles...led bar meters, dials and readouts. Ahhh, the cool factor...is that not one of the main reasons why we mod cars?

Would I pay 600? most likely.....esp if we still had the air suspension offered on the new models. Remember, they still get the air suspension in Japan and most other countries. They still offer it on the SC...GS...just about everything high end. Dont forget these controllers also control shock damping. I would kill for the AS with shock damping contol in my SC4. It never made it to the states. Damn.

BTW, the controller I have sitting on my desk is not 600. Its 250.
Old 08-06-02, 03:08 PM
JTJerryls400
Pole Position

250 is reasonable price, 600 not, for me of course.
cool factor is imprtant, I can pay for it $250.
I recently lowered my AS 91 LS400 by shorting rods.
I do not talking about shock absorbers, only about high of the car. If there are normal sensors similar to TPS and for example full low is 1 volt and full high is 8 volts when if car sit 15 cm in high and has say 4 volts and you change by adjustable resistor for say 2 volts when car go down, yes?
All we need is grab that voltage before computer and change it as we wish, independent dor all 4 corners
Just thinking.
By the way is there any margin in that shocks absorbers (can I adjust shock harder on sport mode?)
I was thinking about some rotate electric motors at the top of shock column.
Someone done that?
Sorry for English
Jerry
Old 08-06-02, 05:36 PM
healerhand
Lead Lap

It would be interesting if the new system can adjust the stiffness of the shock. Any idea? I still think the cheapest and most consistant way is shorten the rods.

david
Old 08-06-02, 10:37 PM
ToyLexmods
Lead Lap

Jerry,

Yes, I think your method will work...but, wouldnt it be easier to have nice dials in the car to adjust on the fly to whatever setting is needed?

David,

Yes, this controller will manipulate the shock settings. Did you know that infact there are 3 levels of stiffness? soft, med, firm. You cannot select firm from the car with the stock switch...but the suspension ecu will select firm on certain times. However, with the AS aftermarket unit you can select all 3 functions.

And yes, its cheaper to just turn down the adjustment rods. But, what happens at 80mph and the AS goes to low? Its waaay to low at that point. I think having a nice controller in the cabin to adjust on the fly is cool. 250 cool...well thats up to the market.

As noted, I have decoded 10 of the 15 wires so far. The height functions are decoded as well as power supply. Whats left is the shock functions. Working on it but I currently dont have access to a AS car right now.

Quick Reply: ASE664 pricing rcvd (lower air suspension)