LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

How do I disable the factory alarm on 1990 Lexus ls

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-12, 08:10 AM
tenchu
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by billydpowe
do you know what a kick panel is???
have you removed it???
did you find a solid green wire???
have you grounded it???
that should do it.
Yes, I know what a kick panel is, yes I removed it, yes, I found a solid green wire, yes I grounded it, no, it didn't do it. I was hopin for more clarification as to the location in case maybe he missed colored DOTS on the wire. The wire I ground had no stripes and no dots. But there were a couple green wires with no stripes that had dots.
The following users liked this post:
Dubbayoo (06-05-19)
Old 02-14-12, 08:56 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

go to this link, I did and found the info:
http://www.modifiedlife.com/1990-lex...llation-guide/
Factory Alarm Disarm Wire (-): Green
Factory Alarm Disarm Wire Location: In Drivers Kick Panel.
Old 02-14-12, 10:27 AM
tenchu
Driver

Fixed. I had the right wire, I had cut it and ground one side, and that didnt work. I reconnected the wire and added a short piece of wire to basically make it a "T" and ground that wire, now it works. Now I just have to solder and shrink wrap it so it stays permanent.
Old 02-14-12, 11:06 AM
billydpowe
Lexus Champion

Received 172 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by tenchu
Fixed. I had the right wire, I had cut it and ground one side, and that didnt work. I reconnected the wire and added a short piece of wire to basically make it a "T" and ground that wire, now it works. Now I just have to solder and shrink wrap it so it stays permanent.
Great, feels good to get the victory over the alarm, right!!
Old 02-14-12, 11:54 AM
tenchu
Driver

Originally Posted by billydpowe
Great, feels good to get the victory over the alarm, right!!
Indeed. I'm sure my neighbors will be happy too.
Old 02-14-12, 06:05 PM
FireEMT978
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I set mine off yesterday by accident. I about crapped myself!
It was in the nursing home parking lot facing the building at 9:00p.m.
Boy, did I scramble to shut it off!
Old 02-15-12, 07:38 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

ur welcome..u can thank billy as well for his time and effort trying to help u out
Old 02-16-12, 04:20 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

The day I purchased my 99 I tested the alarm by locking the car with the windows down reaching in and unlocking the door and opening the door. The car was in the garage. Man was that a mistake. Especially since to took me about 20 seconds to figure out the fob will not turn off the alarm and I have to use the key at the door lock.
Old 05-08-13, 03:37 PM
4given
Driver School Candidate

Hello, I have the same problem, I have not been able to locate the green wire, the only green wire that I found has a thin yellow line, is this the wire I need to ground?
Tony
Old 05-08-13, 03:45 PM
4given
Driver School Candidate

Default Alarm triggers unexpectedly 1990 lexus es-250

Hello, i also have the problem with my car alarm going off any time of the day, it is frustrating that sometimes it might go off in the middle of the night.
I have not been able to locate that green wire in the kick panel, the only green solid wire that i see is one that has a thin yellow line, i did not find any green wire anywhere in the kick panel might it be that i am not looking in the right area?
Any help?
Tony
Old 05-10-13, 07:49 AM
400ls
Driver School Candidate

take a photo and upload it 4given.
Old 05-10-13, 09:44 AM
JSC4
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 93 ls400, there is an on/off button for the alarm on the bottom left side. It is close to the button for adjusting the side mirrors, just below it.

I am not sure for the 91, but hope its the same and it helps
Old 08-29-13, 06:59 PM
oldskewel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 179 Likes on 145 Posts

I have failed in trying to use this method to disable the factory alarm on my '91. Photos attached here:

Regarding terminology ...

Kick panel - I've had cars with kick panels. In this case, it is more of a peel back the carpet in the footwell than "remove the kickpanel". Right?

Solid green wire - I fully understand that this does NOT mean a green wire with any stripes, dots, etc. The only such wire I found was a little weird looking - insulation was not your typical green insulation. But it was solid, and green, and the only solid green wire there. The photo shows the wire in the plug and the other end where I grounded it. Of course the plug was plugged back in for testing.

Ground - I followed the OP's more specific instructions which indicated leaving the original wire as is (not disconnecting in any way) and tee-ing off it to ground it, which I did using the light green wire to a nearby screw going into the body. Just wrapped wires at this point because I wanted to test just in case ...

It didn't work. Alarm is fully functional in this state.

Any ideas?
Old 12-19-13, 07:12 PM
dc893
Lead Lap

I am having the same issue and the only solid green wire is like the poster above me mentioned. This car alarm system is making me want to just light the car on fire!!

The car alarm didn't work for at least 8 months. Now all of a sudden the security light will come on when I lock it and other times it doesn't. I have been disconnecting the battery every night because it is pretty much guaranteed to go off at some random time. Now I just want to disable the stupid thing!!

92 LS
Attached Thumbnails How do I disable the factory alarm on 1990 Lexus ls-2013-12-19_22-04-08_93.jpg  
Old 12-19-13, 07:22 PM
dc893
Lead Lap

Found another solid green wire

This one is above the other one where the blue plug is. Is anybody sure that would be the one to disable the factory alarm?
Attached Thumbnails How do I disable the factory alarm on 1990 Lexus ls-2013-12-19_22-18-55_716.jpg  

Quick Reply: How do I disable the factory alarm on 1990 Lexus ls