LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

my HID kit check it out.. feedback!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-02, 02:17 AM
cutecboy
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking my HID kit check it out.. feedback!

i installed the hella 7k hid in my ls400.. i think that **** is tight as hell.. in real life is more like bmw color but here is what i got outta my digi cam.. let me know what you guys think..
Attached Thumbnails my HID kit check it out.. feedback!-hidls400.jpg  
Old 05-30-02, 05:47 AM
GA400
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking way sharp

That looks very sharp! Can you post a pic of your ride in the daytime too? I would like to check out your modifications.

Thanks,

Rich
Old 05-30-02, 10:30 AM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This looks awesome. Will cops trip with this kind of colour?

I am looking at 6000k HIDs
Old 05-30-02, 10:34 AM
BHC
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

loooks very very nice id love to get that color but dont want any more reasons for cops to pull me over. I just got my 4300K Philips kit last night...i will try to install and post pictures soon.
Old 05-30-02, 11:15 AM
cutecboy
Intermediate

Default i dont think..

i dont think the cop will bother me.. its the same color as the 5 series of bmw's =)

charles
Old 05-30-02, 03:22 PM
BHC
Driver

hey charles... i was in the garage for like 20 minutes just now trying to figure out where in the world to mount the ballasts. I have NO IDEA! Can you take pictures and show me where u mounted urs? There's so little room to work with under the hood for the LS .

I was thinking behind the bumper... but then water might get to them. Plus I would have a heckuva time trying to drill into the bumper. Lemme know so i can hopefully finish by this weekend. thanks!
Old 05-30-02, 08:44 PM
Likecars
Rookie

See if this link helps for ideas.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&highlight=hid
Old 05-31-02, 12:39 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Man, I hope they're not THAT blue...that looks COMPLETELY RICE...looks like those cheap blue coated HID wannabe bulbs (just brighter!)

How's the beam pattern against a wall with your reflector setup? Does it have a clean cutoff like or is the light scattered? How about the ground coverage...do you have dark spots? Love to see some mroe photos...
Old 05-31-02, 02:36 AM
BHC
Driver

sorry likecars, that link doesnt help...i'm askin cutecboy because he has an LS and i wanna know the exact locations where he mounted the ballasts...thanks for your reply tho
Old 05-31-02, 05:58 AM
Likecars
Rookie

OK, from the looks of the SC the battery location is the same, figured you might get the ballast next to the battery like he did.
Old 05-31-02, 02:06 PM
cutecboy
Intermediate

Red face haha manaray

it does not look ricer at all in person.. lol to my opinion it looks better then the pics you have posted for ur sc.. the color is really nice.. its like the new m5 just a little more brighter.. ground coverage is amazing.. i can't have more pics cuz obviously you can see the pic is not comming out like it suppose to but everything is great..!!!

charles
Old 05-31-02, 03:18 PM
BHC
Driver

CHARLES!

i guess you didnt see my post above or something...but here it is again:

i was in the garage for like 20 minutes just now trying to figure out where in the world to mount the ballasts. I have NO IDEA! Can you take pictures and show me where u mounted urs? (or just tell me) There's so little room to work with under the hood for the LS .

I was thinking behind the bumper... but then water might get to them. Plus I would have a heckuva time trying to drill into the bumper. Lemme know so i can hopefully finish by this weekend. thanks!

Last edited by BHC; 05-31-02 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-01-02, 01:13 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please post a photo of each side of the engine bay behind the headlights for me...let me see if I can find you guys a spot...

cutecboy - Much like your pictures, the pictures I took don't do the lights justice...did you see the photo where I let the camera do all the adjustments automatically? THAT'S closer to what it looks like...you also have to remember, the SC has projector lens which really affect the light...

I'm getting a 6000K bulb from AutoLamps to test it out...

Also, when you say it looks like a M5, do you mean what the light looks like from INSIDE the car? That's what's important!
Old 06-01-02, 03:23 AM
cutecboy
Intermediate

Default yea!

yeah it really looks bright from the inside of the car.. totally amazing... i see so much.. my god i am so satisfied.. anyway
i mount the one on the left i think on top of the antilock break assm.. behind the fan.. the right i basically put it inside by the windsheild fluid reservor..

that's about it,, let me know if you need anymore help

charles
Old 06-01-02, 11:29 PM
BHC
Driver

yay! I just finished putting in my philips 4300K HIDS...looks terrific...pictures coming soon...

Quick Reply: my HID kit check it out.. feedback!