LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

92 Lexus LS400, Need wiring diagram for dash trunk control to trunk latch

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-09, 08:40 PM
bobirw
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Lexus LS400, Need wiring diagram for dash trunk control to trunk latch

I need to locate which wire to energize to open trunk. I know it's black at the lock release and red w/ white stripe in other area but what color is it as it goes rhrough rear seat area. I do not have a key & the dash control locking device has been pressed in. If someone knows another way to open it, please advise, Thanks, Bob
Old 08-24-09, 05:44 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You don't have a key to open the trunk latch on the dash? The same key that you use to run the car also opens the trunk latch device, glove box, trunk itself, doors, etc., unless you are using the valet key(credit card key). What are you trying to do? Retrieve a key which has been locked in the trunk? Here are some other ideas that may help as well,,
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...y-ls400-2.html
Old 08-25-09, 11:01 PM
bobirw
Driver School Candidate

I happen to be at a junkyard getting a brake caliper for my LS when a couple wrecked Lexas' came in. The 92 LS was like new except someone scraped a cement wall half way down the rt. side. No key but I pulled the lever for trunk & it opened. All like new inc. CD changer, the lexus tools & first aid kit. Then manager comes out & says I have to leave yard cause they are crushing cars & insurance would cancel if saw nonworker there. I ask about CD changer & other stuff in trunk. He says $25. for changer & you can have toy tools & bandaids but come back tomorrow & take it out. Next day I'm there and the radio, battery, Maf etc were gone & trunk control on dash was pressed in/locked. He says a guy who likes those jap radios stopped by after crushers left so he sold it & a few other things but told the guy don't touch the trunk so the guy probably locked it, thinking he had key & was a favor to him. I read the other posts you had link for & some good stuff but not for my problem. I would like to know a easy way to remove that "push lock ***." & hotwire it, first thing I thought about but only way I see is remove lower half of dash on drivers side to get to it. I used my Lexus to locate the black wire in trunk lid at lock. Then I pulled bottom back seat cause a big set of wires run down both sides under that seat. I found similar black wire but was not right one. If this wire went through some type junction before reaching trunk it may have changed color. For example, I found one diagram showing this wire starting from control was red w/ white stripe. I will pull the top part of back seats and trace it from the trunk to an area I can get a hot wire on it or check out the other 50 wires. I doubt anyone has had this problem under same circumstances and reason I was trying to find wire color code in rear seat area. just thought maybe some one had that diagram. I do appreciate your answering my post & trying to help. Thanks again, Bob
Old 08-28-09, 01:16 AM
bobirw
Driver School Candidate

Default 92 Lexus LS400, Need wiring diagram for dash trunk control to trunk latch

FWIW, If anyone encounters this trunk problem, lift the rear seat and on drivers side there is a wire bundle in plastic cover. Open it and the wire which activates the trunk lock is the larger of the 2 dark brown wires I found. There are many & could have been some I didn't see. After confirming it was the one I didn't look farther but be sure it is in wire bundle, drivers side under back seat. Bob
Old 07-10-10, 12:26 PM
sbremmerma
Driver School Candidate

Default Help!

I am having the same problem as the thread originator! Could you tell me the exact directions of how to open the trunk the way your did it?