LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Anyone have pics of any 1st Gen Silver LS400s w/ wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-09, 05:19 PM
GYMTIME
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have pics of any 1st Gen Silver LS400s w/ wheels?

Can't seem to find any. Trying to see what style looks good on silver
Old 08-19-09, 05:41 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Question is kinda broad. Here you go. All the colors of the rainbow,,

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...eel-setup.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...of-ur-car.html
Old 08-19-09, 06:25 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your vehicle has the same paint colors as mine. For your future reference, if you ever need touch up paint, the primary color is called Silver Mist Metallic and is Lexus paint code 176. The bottom cladding color is called Light Grey Metallic and is Toyota color code UA30. Finding the Silver Mist code was easy, it's on the drivers door placard. I had a heck of a time trying to locate the color code of the cladding. I ended up calling Lexus and I must have stayed on the phone with them for close to an hour before they were able to supply me with the cladding color code. Anyway, here's mine with IS300 rims and Michelin Primacy MXV4 215/55R17 tires.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have pics of any 1st Gen Silver LS400s w/ wheels?-ls-is-wheels-8-2009.jpg  
Old 08-19-09, 06:46 PM
GYMTIME
Rookie

Originally Posted by JimsGX
Your vehicle has the same paint colors as mine. For your future reference, if you ever need touch up paint, the primary color is called Silver Mist Metallic and is Lexus paint code 176. The bottom cladding color is called Light Grey Metallic and is Toyota color code UA30. Finding the Silver Mist code was easy, it's on the drivers door placard. I had a heck of a time trying to locate the color code of the cladding. I ended up calling Lexus and I must have stayed on the phone with them for close to an hour before they were able to supply me with the cladding color code. Anyway, here's mine with IS300 rims and Michelin Primacy MXV4 215/55R17 tires.
Thanks man!!! I appreciate that. Do you special order the touch up paint or can it be picked up at autozone/pepboys?

Those rims look great. I'm gonna get 18s of some sort. Def not chrome.
Old 08-19-09, 07:06 PM
JimsGX
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GYMTIME
Thanks man!!! I appreciate that. Do you special order the touch up paint or can it be picked up at autozone/pepboys?

Those rims look great. I'm gonna get 18s of some sort. Def not chrome.
Local Autozone/Advance Auto stores don't carry our colors. You can order it here... http://Automotivetouchup.com

They mix it to order and in my case, it was an excellent match. Used it for some very minor nicks and scratches.

Depending on what you end up with on the 18" rim/tire combo, you may need spacers. With the 17" tires and wheels I put on, the tire came extremely close to the upper ball joint nut/cotter pin. Fit fine but I don't think I could have gone any wider on the tire without adding spacers. Rears are less of an issue. Plenty of experts on here to assist when it comes to wheel and tire combinations. I'm not one of them.
Old 08-19-09, 07:11 PM
GYMTIME
Rookie

Originally Posted by JimsGX
Local Autozone/Advance Auto stores don't carry our colors. You can order it here... http://Automotivetouchup.com

They mix it to order and in my case, it was an excellent match. Used it for some very minor nicks and scratches.

Depending on what you end up with on the 18" rim/tire combo, you may need spacers. With the 17" tires and wheels I put on, the tire came extremely close to the upper ball joint nut/cotter pin. Fit fine but I don't think I could have gone any wider on the tire without adding spacers. Rears are less of an issue. Plenty of experts on here to assist when it comes to wheel and tire combinations. I'm not one of them.
You should have seen what was happening to my car on the ride home. The spring was broken/damaged (I knew this but the dealer said it was fine to drive) - what the dealer didn't mention was the spring was DIGGING into my tire as I drove (they may have just not realized this, the car is in perfect condition other than that). I had someone following me home (300 mile drive) and when I was first driving I felt something kick up so I called the person following me and they said "yeah, it looked like dirt". Turns out it was rubber. Pulled the tire off today and the spring was split in half. The back of my tire has about a 1/2'' deep line all around it from shredding as the spring was hitting it. It almost feels like when you cut a metal rod w/ a metal cutter and don't finish cutting it. I'm so lucky that the sprint didn't eat all the way through the tire and cause a blow out on the way home.

Just thought I'd share that. Gonna get some Megan Coilovers this week. Can't wait

I'll grab some of that touch up also.
Old 08-19-09, 08:12 PM
dfkd
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

These are 18's from an RX330. 1" drop.
Old 08-19-09, 08:28 PM
GYMTIME
Rookie

Originally Posted by dfkd

These are 18's from an RX330. 1" drop.
Looks great man. Nice and clean. How much did you get the RX330s for? Did they fit perfectly?
Old 08-19-09, 10:11 PM
GYMTIME
Rookie

I'm loving those RX330 wheels. Just posted in the classifieds asking to buy some.
Old 08-20-09, 03:30 AM
dfkd
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Well don't go try to get the SAME rims on your SAME coloured car...
I thought you were looking for a style guide...
If I knew you were looking to clone I would have kept my mouth shut...

I got my rims for $600ca and 6 tires (Avon Tech M550) for $100ca (kijiji). Tires are kinda loud. Make that really loud. I'd never buy them if they were full price. They're crap really.

Also, if you go for 18's or higher be prepared to spend another $600 at least to lower it. Just won't look right otherwise...

Last edited by dfkd; 08-20-09 at 03:47 AM.
Old 08-20-09, 07:47 AM
steveski
Lexus Champion

I saved this first gen years ago in my favorites - I always dug the look - Enjoy:
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have pics of any 1st Gen Silver LS400s w/ wheels?-1st-gen.jpg  
Old 08-20-09, 08:37 AM
GABE_LS400
Rookie

dude i found some rx330 rims on craiglist in houston for 300 cash with tires...I didnt know they would fit so i passed them up but now i might check them out...They look good.,
Old 08-20-09, 05:48 PM
GYMTIME
Rookie

Originally Posted by steveski
I saved this first gen years ago in my favorites - I always dug the look - Enjoy:
I like those. Any idea what type of rim? Are they black?
Old 08-20-09, 05:50 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

that looks like a photoshop....wheels look bigger in the front than the rear.
Old 08-20-09, 08:35 PM
GYMTIME
Rookie

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
that looks like a photoshop....wheels look bigger in the front than the rear.
Good eye - I think so too. Any idea what rims those are though?

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of any 1st Gen Silver LS400s w/ wheels?