LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

It's a sad day for me..had to sell my car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-08, 11:58 PM
kens97sto
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's a sad day for me..had to sell my car.

Well I had to sell me LS today.

Back in May I had a heart attack (I am only 37), They found I had one artery 100% blocked, another 95%, So they did an Angioplasty inserting 2 stents. I bled like a stuck pig after they finished due to the Heprin shots, given to me in the ER when they found I was having a heart attack.
It took over a month to be able to use my leg well because of the bruising in my leg.
Then I took a stress test and passed it.
About a week later, I started having some weird pain again.. went back to the ER and they found another blockage.. so I had to have ANOTHER angioplasty done, 2 more stents. This time I recovered better but I have been off work since May.
I have been living on my savings, but finally got to the end of my rope. I should be going back to work within a week or so, but it is too little too late. I needed some cash to buy my medications, and just to pay for gas and food.

The sucky thing is I was forced to trade the car in, for a really cheap car on the lot. So I ended up giving my car, they gave me the cheap car and some cash... and not nearly enough to comfort me when I think of the loss of my LS.

I am now driving a.....
92 Pontiac Sunbird. NOT!!!

It has the 3.1 V6, ABS, A/C, Cruise, PL, Tilt, 140K on it.

GOD what a step down!!!!
But on the positive side it runs very well..it just looks like crap. I have certainly driven worse cars in my life.. and this is only a temporary thing.. But I am very sad at having to sell my lovely car that ran really nice.

Ken

Last edited by kens97sto; 08-14-08 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-14-08, 01:08 AM
Cloud9
Lead Lap

Man..sorry to hear that Ken. Take care of your health. Cars come and go but you only got one body. Once you get back on your feet you'll be sitting in a LS in no time
Old 08-14-08, 03:21 AM
MEANDAFAKA
Lead Lap

hey man, don't worry about the car. main thing is that you need to take care of yourself, stay positive, say strong, and you shall get through this.
Old 08-14-08, 05:38 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

First things first, I wish you a fast and complete recovery. Like others said, don't worry about the car, once you're back to work, you can get yourself even a newer LS.
Old 08-14-08, 06:20 AM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

man, that is a shame on all fronts. dont' worry about the lexus, you'll get another one. in the meantime, no offense, but get your diet together and exercise! seriously.
Old 08-14-08, 08:20 AM
rrj_gamz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
First things first, I wish you a fast and complete recovery. Like others said, don't worry about the car, once you're back to work, you can get yourself even a newer LS.
Word...I love my LS, but priorities are priorities...You'll soon find another one better than the last...Good luck...
Old 08-14-08, 11:47 AM
kens97sto
Rookie

Thanks for all the support, it is appreciated.

I agree with you all about keeping the priorities straight.
It is just a car, but I have tended to get a little attached to the cars, and bikes I have owned in my life.

On the health front I am doing pretty well, mostly due to the fact that I smartly called 911 when I felt the pain instead of shrugging it off as something else. Most young heart attack victims do not survive for this reason, also I was fortunate to be close to a great hospital when I had my heart attack. They had me in on the table and finished within a 1/2 hour of finding I was having a M I. The result is that the damage to my heart is minimal.

The weirdest thing is that I am not really that fat.. about 210lbs, my Cholesterol is 187, and my blood pressure is normal. The docs said that to have a 100% blockage at 37 with those numbers points directly to bad genes.

SO... I have to work even harder to get my #'s down.. lose some weight, and take meds for the rest of my life to keep my cholesterol much lower than normal. So I am eating lots of salad and tofu, watching the salt (this is the hard thing) and get my weight down. It has worked my chol # is now 115... still working on the weight loss.

I keep reminding myself that I am VERY VERY lucky to be alive. If I had waited even a few minuets to call 911 things would be very different.
If any of you ever had weird pain in your chest, neck, jaw, or arm. CALL 911 do NOT wait. A heart attack does not feel or look like it does in the movies/TV it shows differently for different people...especially Women. It can feel like heartburn too.

I will let you know when I get another LS... Hopefully it wont be too long.

Thanks again for all the support.

Ken
Old 08-14-08, 02:36 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by kens97sto
Thanks for all the support, it is appreciated.

I agree with you all about keeping the priorities straight.
It is just a car, but I have tended to get a little attached to the cars, and bikes I have owned in my life.

On the health front I am doing pretty well, mostly due to the fact that I smartly called 911 when I felt the pain instead of shrugging it off as something else. Most young heart attack victims do not survive for this reason, also I was fortunate to be close to a great hospital when I had my heart attack. They had me in on the table and finished within a 1/2 hour of finding I was having a M I. The result is that the damage to my heart is minimal.

The weirdest thing is that I am not really that fat.. about 210lbs, my Cholesterol is 187, and my blood pressure is normal. The docs said that to have a 100% blockage at 37 with those numbers points directly to bad genes.

SO... I have to work even harder to get my #'s down.. lose some weight, and take meds for the rest of my life to keep my cholesterol much lower than normal. So I am eating lots of salad and tofu, watching the salt (this is the hard thing) and get my weight down. It has worked my chol # is now 115... still working on the weight loss.

I keep reminding myself that I am VERY VERY lucky to be alive. If I had waited even a few minuets to call 911 things would be very different.
If any of you ever had weird pain in your chest, neck, jaw, or arm. CALL 911 do NOT wait. A heart attack does not feel or look like it does in the movies/TV it shows differently for different people...especially Women. It can feel like heartburn too.

I will let you know when I get another LS... Hopefully it wont be too long.

Thanks again for all the support.

Ken
given that you're improving and you seem to have your priorities in order i wish you the best of luck, and look forward to seeing you back on the board with a a newer LS in the next while

98+ sound tempting no?

good to see you bouncing back strong
Old 08-14-08, 11:21 PM
SH212
Dances with goats

ahh nice to see your doing better..
had to give up your ls is what you had to do

who knows you can probably end up in a cleaner better looking ls... and maybe just maybe

ls430?????????
Old 08-15-08, 08:52 PM
GKLCPA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't sweat the car. You did what you needed to do and your health is absolutely the most important thing right now. We all sometimes take that for granted until something happens.

I'm very surprised that you got decent medical attention in the ER. My last experience in the ER has me convinced that a hospital is the absolute worst place to go in an emergency. I'm glad that you didn't appear to have that sort of experience.

In any event, take it easy and take care of yourself. The material things can always be replaced. Your life can't

Originally Posted by kens97sto
Well I had to sell me LS today.

Back in May I had a heart attack (I am only 37), They found I had one artery 100% blocked, another 95%, So they did an Angioplasty inserting 2 stents. I bled like a stuck pig after they finished due to the Heprin shots, given to me in the ER when they found I was having a heart attack.
It took over a month to be able to use my leg well because of the bruising in my leg.
Then I took a stress test and passed it.
About a week later, I started having some weird pain again.. went back to the ER and they found another blockage.. so I had to have ANOTHER angioplasty done, 2 more stents. This time I recovered better but I have been off work since May.
I have been living on my savings, but finally got to the end of my rope. I should be going back to work within a week or so, but it is too little too late. I needed some cash to buy my medications, and just to pay for gas and food.

The sucky thing is I was forced to trade the car in, for a really cheap car on the lot. So I ended up giving my car, they gave me the cheap car and some cash... and not nearly enough to comfort me when I think of the loss of my LS.

I am now driving a.....
92 Pontiac Sunbird. NOT!!!

It has the 3.1 V6, ABS, A/C, Cruise, PL, Tilt, 140K on it.

GOD what a step down!!!!
But on the positive side it runs very well..it just looks like crap. I have certainly driven worse cars in my life.. and this is only a temporary thing.. But I am very sad at having to sell my lovely car that ran really nice.

Ken
Old 08-16-08, 09:02 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow man,, very scary,,especially since you are only 2 years older than me and I know for a fact that my #'s exceed yours. Good luck and great call on getting your priorities straight and making sure that your health came first. May God continue to grant you a speedy recovery. As far as the car goes, yes we all do tend to get attatched to our cars, but think of this opportunity as a stepping stone/temp set back in your advancement to get a newer ride. Do what you gotta do, for now, and you will come back even stronger.
Old 08-16-08, 09:13 AM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

^^^ age is a scary thing to bring into account when it came to things, i lost my very close friend who was only 39 who died of a heart attack, more like a second dad really. My best friends dad was also very young, 46. It is good to hear you are getting better, i'm worried i may experience the same thing. i am 15, with alightly igher cholesterol then i should and while my weight itsn't 145, where they say i should be, its pretty close, i 168 , and also my family has a history of high blood pressure, and all the bad stuff, all i can say is go running, thats what i do and i play hockey every 2 days. But like said earlier get better and there will always be ls's to buy
Old 08-18-08, 06:34 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Cars are just metals put together when you think of the complexity of human body. I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate health situation and wish you the best my friend.

Its never easy selling or giving up what you love, especially when its a health issue (because some of us take our health for granted.) But its a wise move, and hopefully in the near future you can place the current ride with something you prefer.

Best of Luck, we'll be here when you get your next LS
Old 08-18-08, 11:00 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Keep at it... Health is a top priority...glad you got a second chance. I've known some who didn't survive to make the changes...that is really sad.