LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Gated shifter to first Gen...HELP !!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-08, 03:35 AM
richonenz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gated shifter to first Gen...HELP !!

I have just had a look at what's involved with fitting the first of the gated shifters into my first Gen .
As they are both the same auto I didn't expect too many hassles , I will have to remove a little bit extra from the hole in the tunnel length wise [ width is spot on ] and match up the wiring .
Does anybody PLEASE have a wiring diagram for the gated shifter on the 95 model , I'm pretty sure thats what model it will be .
Will be now going to put back in the normal shifter , this was just a mission of discovery !!
If need be I will be able to match the wiring by seeing what goes where .
There is nothing extra on the gated unit [ maybe one or two extra lights ] , it's just in different places .
Old 07-17-08, 07:47 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

its already been done before....i remember seeing a thread on it from another nz/au member.

the repair manual link near the top of the forum has wiring diagrams.
Old 07-17-08, 01:16 PM
richonenz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I already have all the pic's of the previous one , he just had no specific wiring details , I know I could go through and match stuff up it's just easier with a diagram , didn't know about the manual thing at the top of the page , thanks for that Pure .
I especially like being told twice , with the altzheimers it makes it stick a bit more !! LOL
Old 07-17-08, 04:26 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by richonenz
Yes I already have all the pic's of the previous one , he just had no specific wiring details , I know I could go through and match stuff up it's just easier with a diagram , didn't know about the manual thing at the top of the page , thanks for that Pure .
I especially like being told twice , with the altzheimers it makes it stick a bit more !! LOL
sorry bout that, stupid wifi connection at the airport