LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Some of you may have noticed my absence... (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-08, 09:55 PM
pfantom68
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Some of you may have noticed my absence... (pics inside)

Well... for those that don't know, here are some never-before-seen pics explaining what happened:

I dropped off the forum for a while since, well... I was too busy (still am), and had too much shat going on.

Anyways, it happened in late January... I had my summer tires on (which faired damn well in some nasty snow through the winter), but it just wasn't my day. At around 6:50-ish AM, I was near my school, and the roads were a little icier than usual. The Buick in front of me stopped hard, and I locked em up and slid into him doing maybe 10-15mph.

Turns out it was a kid that goes to my school. Buick made it out with a 3" scratch, and the kid was totally cool with it. My car, well... if I were to get it professionally fixed, would cost over $4000.

Because my car sits so low, my bumper ironically made it out untouched. The hood took the impact and wrecked all sorts of stuff. I am lucky the car is still drivable though... a little faster and my radiator would have been destroyed too.

The damage list:
Hood
Grille
Hood latch
Headlights
Bumper lights
Core support
Radiator fan guard
Right Fender
Horns

I have decided to get the core support professionally fixed, and the rest I'll do myself. I love the car too much to get rid of her, but a lack of money keeps me from getting her done how I want.

I'm keeping my head up though... I was really sad and angry and suicidal and just overall pissed that nothing in my life goes right (still doesn't...), but hey, whatever, I don't care anymore.

As long as I can sell my Ford F250 soon, the Lexus should be fully repairede (except grille) before the second week of May.

Last edited by pfantom68; 04-12-08 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-12-08, 10:18 PM
Ursus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Way to keep your head up. Don't let the bs in life keep you behind. As long as you have your health and your will you can do whatever you set your mind to.
Old 04-12-08, 10:22 PM
maximus03
Driver School Candidate

Definitely keep your head up and in time everything will be back to how you like it!
Old 04-12-08, 11:41 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

how you come back shows off your character much better than how you get hit
Old 04-13-08, 10:36 AM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pfantom68
I was really sad and angry and suicidal and just overall pissed that nothing in my life goes right (still doesn't...), but hey, whatever, I don't care anymore.
Seek some professional advice or a supporting girlfriend...keep going to school and eventually your life will change. We all go through the motions man, life has its ups and downs.

The bad karma you experience now may be trying to balance out something really sweet later on in life...and when it does, you can drop me a check.
Old 04-13-08, 01:07 PM
jcrome04
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you need a 1LS grill I will sell you the stock one from my old 1st gen for cheeeap PM me with some shipping info and I'll get a price if you're interested.

There's nothing wrong with helping a buddy out
Old 04-13-08, 01:26 PM
19psi
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good luck with it man. and get some winter tires!
Old 04-13-08, 01:55 PM
pfantom68
Lead Lap

Haha, no, I don't roll winter tires. After this whole incident, I promised myself I would NEVER let the Lexus touch snow ever again.

Oh, and I got this for a winter beater. The 4x4 and insane (for me) amount of ground clearance the 2" lift provides is more than enough to get around in snow.

But anyways, the car WILL make a full recovery soon. I'm driving down to Toledo to get my hood this week, picking up a core support too, and everything should be better than what it was before!

It just so happened that at the time, I was having lots and lots of bad luck. Legal problems, girl problems, family problems, one of my friends tried committing suicide. And I was lacking money. I wasn't at any point serious about anything, but the thought always pop up when nothing's going right...

And about that grille, I'll let you know. I might just end up welding and gluing together my own full-custom black pearl grille, but if not, I'll use a stock one to use as a base.
Old 04-13-08, 01:58 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to see the misfortune. Keep your head up. She will be back better than ever.
Old 04-13-08, 02:20 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

glue?

why not do a ucf2x grill conversion?
Old 04-13-08, 02:23 PM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

ouch i feel your pain
Old 04-13-08, 02:31 PM
pfantom68
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
glue?

why not do a ucf2x grill conversion?
UCF2X grille conversion? More info please?

I might have seen a thread about this, but enlighten me. I'm willing to use a grinding wheel and some epoxy to make it work.
Old 04-13-08, 05:30 PM
Rocan
Pole Position

that really sucks, but i wish luck to you. As for having a hard time... dont even get me started on my junior high life. Hang in there bud, life will get better.
Old 04-13-08, 05:46 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

as i recall you basically chop off a bit on each side of the grill (plastic) part and it fits fine heightwise

pm me and maybe il give u a good price on my grill >.>
Old 04-13-08, 07:24 PM
pfantom68
Lead Lap

Trimming and all is just fine, but how about the outer chrome "bezel" that goes around the grille?

Where would I find one from a UCF1X, without having to buy the whole grille?

Quick Reply: Some of you may have noticed my absence... (pics inside)