LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-10, 03:51 PM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn those Ls460 projectors r huge lol, r u gona try and put the reflectors back in or leave the inside of the housing black

sick work
Old 02-05-10, 09:57 AM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thank you thank you but until my real plastic lenses get here im sorry to say its pexiglass homemadeness lenses.

the reflectors im unsure about, To use them I would have to cut them up ALOT, you are correct the shrouds are huge I had to cut up the housing just to get them to fit.

I think I will black out the corners to match, move the turn signals, and then paint the car a very dark color

Im also looking for other lighting options to stick in there so please if you have an idea spit it out with your fingers.
Old 02-05-10, 11:04 AM
Li Ls4
Lexus Champion

good stuff, hmmm the only thing i can think of for the turn signals is just an led boad caz theyr very lil depth to that corner light.

or u could make the back end of the housing a lil deeper since i no theres an inch or 2 between the fender and frame. u might be able to fit a turn signal bulb in there and be able to have it angled more towards the front so the light would be more visible vs. the led board shining the light out to the side.

so r u gona get rid of the bumper lights and fill in the holes or use em for somethin else? wen i 1st got my Ls i was thinking of moving the turn signal up to the corner light but i was just starting to get into the whole moding thing and didnt have the ***** to start cuting things up lol

what im kinda workin on (just sitting in my garage caz iv never go around 2 finish it lol) is making the turn signal on the bumper light a running light also. i bought breaklight bulb sockets took that, put a dual filiment bulb in and ran the 2nd power wire for the second filiment to the funning light right next to the signal. the led bulbs i bought were just to fat so i couldnt use em and i didnt want to use an amber 1 lol
Old 02-05-10, 01:17 PM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

@Brandicus: I'm working on it They are off the car, still need the front lip for Joe off that car, and then I will pick them up
Old 02-05-10, 01:21 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

thank you good sir
Old 02-05-10, 01:28 PM
Asia-H.T.
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah But still have to figure out the shipping part no worries

btw, dropped the car a little more. But I'm still having problems with the Shallens vibrations....

But I'm working on that extra set of walds, I can combine the two sets in order to have:

19x9 +32
19x10 +37

and

19x9 +24
19x10 +24

Last edited by Asia-H.T.; 02-05-10 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-05-10, 05:23 PM
LSJustin13
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, kinda new to the forum Just a quick pic of my 92, riding on KMC 19" Fives for now with nothing else done. Just couldn't stand those stockers anymore so I had to throw on somethin I had layin around.

Old 02-05-10, 06:33 PM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

welcome justin
need to get it down a bit
Attached Thumbnails Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-resized-2.jpg   Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)-resize-3.jpg  
Old 02-06-10, 03:08 PM
LSJustin13
Driver School Candidate

^^^ Trust me, working on it! I had 2.68 degrees of negative toe in the front when I got the car and it tore through my 19s in less than 3 weeks so I took it to school on one of my days off and did the alignment. Needs shocks real bad, also some new brakes so I have to add those to the list as well. Getting the infamous alternator whine and my power steering's starting to get grumpy so those will have to be replaced soon also. Small projects here and there come first, then she'll be sitting low where she needs to be
Old 02-06-10, 06:19 PM
Brandicus
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Li Ls4
good stuff, hmmm the only thing i can think of for the turn signals is just an led boad caz theyr very lil depth to that corner light.

or u could make the back end of the housing a lil deeper since i no theres an inch or 2 between the fender and frame. u might be able to fit a turn signal bulb in there and be able to have it angled more towards the front so the light would be more visible vs. the led board shining the light out to the side.

so r u gona get rid of the bumper lights and fill in the holes or use em for somethin else? wen i 1st got my Ls i was thinking of moving the turn signal up to the corner light but i was just starting to get into the whole moding thing and didnt have the ***** to start cuting things up lol

what im kinda workin on (just sitting in my garage caz iv never go around 2 finish it lol) is making the turn signal on the bumper light a running light also. i bought breaklight bulb sockets took that, put a dual filiment bulb in and ran the 2nd power wire for the second filiment to the funning light right next to the signal. the led bulbs i bought were just to fat so i couldnt use em and i didnt want to use an amber 1 lol

as far as im concerned led boards are the only option for the corner light/turn signal retro, I do plan on deleting those bumper lights entirely and than retrofitting again this time 98 fogs in the bumper to balance out the lights proportionally. (IMO)

anyway im thinking the corner lights will actually be easy considering how far plug and play leds have come in the last couple years, What i was referring to though in my last post was what else do you guys think i should stuff inside the headlights? Like I was thinking those eyebrow running lights off the new 5 series beemer might look cool, or the corner peice from the tl could be distinctive as well. thanks for your input man when I get some free time im going to rip into those corner lights!

P.S. today was my headlights first official day in heavy rainfall and Im happy to say my weatherproofing held up beautifully!!! I am so happy they didnt break and blow up my car or something
Old 02-12-10, 03:23 AM
moonsi
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone Im new here! This is my 1991 LS400. Work in progress, getting a lot of info/help from club lexus

Old 02-12-10, 03:27 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

nice, needs some spacer action though.
Old 02-12-10, 07:16 AM
python
Lexus Champion

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius
spacers are not a good idea
also look up strut angle alignment and steering axis inclination
better explained here,check post #9
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...are-they-safe/
modifying ur cars to the extent of unsafe conditions is not the way to go. is making ur car look good more important than having a car thats safe and reliable? compromising isnt an option, myself, i would rather know my car is ok to drive from california to new york.
Old 02-12-10, 07:37 AM
GABE_LS400
Rookie

Originally Posted by python
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrub_radius
spacers are not a good idea
also look up strut angle alignment and steering axis inclination
better explained here,check post #9
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...are-they-safe/
modifying ur cars to the extent of unsafe conditions is not the way to go. is making ur car look good more important than having a car thats safe and reliable? compromising isnt an option, myself, i would rather know my car is ok to drive from california to new york.

Well put and totally agree. I like dropped look but without spacers, straight and flat looks cleaner IMO. Not to mention saving more on tires hahaha!
Old 02-12-10, 09:08 AM
ryhi
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get your centercaps on!

Quick Reply: Post up Recent pixs of YOUR car (LS400s)