LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1990 LS400 question - Curb Hopped

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-07, 04:41 PM
Ninjam
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 LS400 question - Curb Hopped

hows it goin.. couple weeks ago i was hit and hit a curb on the front passenger tire and its all crooked, rubbing the inside area really bad, turning by itself etc. wondering if someone could give me an estimate on repairs and/or what needs to be done with it. heres a picture
Attached Thumbnails 1990 LS400 question - Curb Hopped-l_c4c2e37805170008073fe5576b0e49a6.jpg  
Old 09-02-07, 05:40 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

shouldnt the other guy cover it?
Old 09-02-07, 05:45 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

if u DIDNT bend the frame then ur gunna need a decent bit of front suspension replaced.

take the wheel off and see whats bent.
Old 09-02-07, 05:47 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
shouldnt the other guy cover it?
how do u ask a curb to pay for damages?
Old 09-02-07, 05:48 PM
pfantom68
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
Show up with a fat Italian friend, pull a gun on it, and say "Mother****er, where's my money!"
Old 09-02-07, 06:00 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

wow dude you really ****ed it up, take off the wheel and take some pictures for us
Old 09-02-07, 06:03 PM
Ninjam
Driver School Candidate

alright will do. i was hit by a ford lightning from behind then i hit the curb. trunk is dented pretty bad but its not important right now. i just need to drive again and the insurance company is saying its not his fault cause i was on private property... im screwed and i need to know what this may cost.
Old 09-02-07, 06:30 PM
Thermactor
Lexus Test Driver

time to sue!
Old 09-02-07, 07:47 PM
avalon42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ninjam
alright will do. i was hit by a ford lightning from behind then i hit the curb. trunk is dented pretty bad but its not important right now. i just need to drive again and the insurance company is saying its not his fault cause i was on private property... im screwed and i need to know what this may cost.
Excuse me? You get hit in the rear but it's your fault? Were you backing out of a driveway or something?

It's times like this that I wished I had my JD in law and ABA certification...

...right on Therm.
Old 09-02-07, 08:07 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

hows it goin.. couple weeks ago i was hit and hit a curb on the front passenger tire
u dont, u ask the other guy.
Old 09-02-07, 08:12 PM
Iansaltes
Lead Lap

Shouldnt matter if you are on personal property or not. If you get into a fenderbender at Publix (for those of you in the south), or Kroger (for the rest of yous), it all goes through insurance and the person at fault pays for it, REGARDLESS if its on personal property or not. I bet at least a 1/4 off all accidents are on personal property....insurance companys have to cover that. It doesnt really matter where you were located. You pay them every month to insure you, and when something finally happens, they back out. My opinion, if they dont help you out... forget them, get a new insurance company to insure you.

Your insurance company is just trying to screw you dude... and that's the best thing they can come up with? Wow, they are really stretchin'...
Old 09-02-07, 08:12 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
u dont, u ask the other guy.
heheh, the heat has interesting effects on the human brain
Old 09-02-07, 09:19 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

heheh, the heat has interesting effects on the human brain
happens to the best of us.
Old 09-03-07, 07:43 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Private property or not,it was totally the other guys' fault, especially since you were hit from behind, unless you were backing out into the main flow of traffic. The insurance company is screwing you HARD!!!! Contact the insurance commision in your state and file a complaint there in cordination to getting a lawyer involved. You pay insurance to protect your car from this and now, noone wants to pay out. Unacceptable!!!! Who's insurance company said it was not his fault since you were on private propperty, his or yours?? If yours, do like i said above and file a complaint with the insurance comission in your state, and then get alawyer involved. If it was his, why are YOU dealing with them directly???? This is what you pay insurance for. Your company is suppose to protect you and go after his to pay for the damage done.
On the other note,, your front suspension looks pretty messed up and you may possibly have frame damage, or some suspension components bent. This car should not be driven anymore until a damage assessment is done. Looks like your wheel pretty much got pushed backwards and is rubbing the backside of the fender lining. Have the car assessed for damage, have YOUR insurance company go after the other guys insurance for the damages, and make them pay for a loaner while your car is being fixed. Never deal with the insurance company directly unless it is your own. Not to mention, did you go and have yourself checked out by a doctor for whiplash?? Back injuries are nothing to play with and you should see a doctor, if you havent done so already. Sometimes injury can show up immediately, or may take a little while once your body comes out of shock. Go and have yourself checked out as well.

Last edited by trukn1; 09-03-07 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-03-07, 05:10 PM
Ninjam
Driver School Candidate

its a little more complicated than that, i was trespassing without knowing it to take a leak by a warehouse around 1am. im leaving and someone speeds up behind me without headlights on so i speed off cause this could be anybody, he flashes his brights outta nowhere and i turn really hard around 50mph, he hits the driver side of my trunk and i hit the curb. turns out this guy is a security guard for the place also note he is not in a marked vehicle (ford lightning). my insurance company is still working on it so i just have to wait. however i did get a letter from his insurance company: "this letter will verify the information found during the investigation by melissa mann. according to our investigation our insured did not cause this accident. We suggest you contact your insurance company to determine any applicable policy benefits under your policy." i assume they think since i was trespassing and the security guard who hit me wasnt, makes it my fault? the way i was hit didnt jerk me around too much i'm fine

Last edited by Ninjam; 09-03-07 at 05:20 PM.

Quick Reply: 1990 LS400 question - Curb Hopped