LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

1990 LS400 question - Curb Hopped

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-07, 08:00 PM
BiGLeX 400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ninjam
its a little more complicated than that, i was trespassing without knowing it to take a leak by a warehouse around 1am. im leaving and someone speeds up behind me without headlights on so i speed off cause this could be anybody, he flashes his brights outta nowhere and i turn really hard around 50mph, he hits the driver side of my trunk and i hit the curb. turns out this guy is a security guard for the place also note he is not in a marked vehicle (ford lightning). my insurance company is still working on it so i just have to wait. however i did get a letter from his insurance company: "this letter will verify the information found during the investigation by melissa mann. according to our investigation our insured did not cause this accident. We suggest you contact your insurance company to determine any applicable policy benefits under your policy." i assume they think since i was trespassing and the security guard who hit me wasnt, makes it my fault? the way i was hit didnt jerk me around too much i'm fine
Wow, that sucks. Just sounds like you were in the right place at the right time. Good luck with everything.
Old 09-03-07, 08:33 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

bottom line is HE HIT YOU IN THE REAR, not to mention he had no headlights on at all. As a result of him hitting the brights and chasing you and then hitting your car, the crash resulted. The fact that you were turning when he hit you only gave him an advantage in stopping you. Sounds like he did what police call a PIT maneuver, in which they tag the rear side of the car behind the rear wheel in an effort to get the car to spin. Is very effective, and in alot of cases is very dangerous. Alot of states have outlawed this maneuver, so I would check with the local PD to check their policy. Most security guards, especially off duty cops moonlighting ti gain extra income WILL use their own personal vehicles. Marked patrol car is not always a requirement. Just depends on the business being secured as well as security company. Have you called the police to report this? Yes, there may be some feedback b/c you were answering a nature call in public, and worse yet on private property, but his actions were not merited at all. Definately get the insurance company to go after this guy and his insurance company. This is what you pay them for. Keep us updated, and like I said b4, right now your wheel looks realy bad, so quit driving it until you can get a really good assessment.
Old 09-03-07, 09:06 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my insurance company is still working on it so i just have to wait. however i did get a letter from his insurance company: "this letter will verify the information found during the investigation by melissa mann. according to our investigation our insured did not cause this accident. We suggest you contact your insurance company to determine any applicable policy benefits under your policy."
That letter is so full of bull, I can smell it from here!
So, if their insured was driving the vehicle at the time, then who in the hell else caused the accident?!? ....it certainly wasn't you. Taking a leak (on private property or not) doesn't usually cause a driver to deliberately ram another vehicle. The issue should be who caused the collision, not the whereabouts in which it happened.
Old 09-04-07, 05:11 AM
illcelsior
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Thermactor
time to sue!
+1.. wtf.. you got hit FROM BEHIND..

your neck hurts dude. just sit down and think about it....
Old 09-04-07, 02:12 PM
Ninjam
Driver School Candidate

lemme hear s'more about this neck thing haha
Old 09-04-07, 02:31 PM
illcelsior
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lemme hear s'more about this neck thing haha

Hire a lawyer before you lose the farm.

YOU got him FROM BEHIND and the other guy's insurance isn't going to cover it?! Lol.. that's a good one.
Old 09-06-07, 06:35 PM
Ninjam
Driver School Candidate

pulled the tired off, here's a few pics. note: the steering wheel is perfectly straight.
Attached Thumbnails 1990 LS400 question - Curb Hopped-ls400suspension.jpg  
Old 09-06-07, 07:05 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

wow they messed u up bad, least 1000 right there. definitely get that guy to pay and then switch insurance companys.
Old 09-06-07, 07:06 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

gunna need some bigger pics than that and more of hte LOWER part of the suspension as thats whats most likely to be bent somewhere.
Old 09-06-07, 07:09 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

look at the ball joint and u can tell something is wrong lol but yea more pics and bigger would be nice.
Old 09-06-07, 07:43 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
look at the ball joint and u can tell something is wrong lol but yea more pics and bigger would be nice.
the ball joint is just broken and its pretty easy to replace the upper control arms, the real PITA is gunna be if any of the lower components are BENT and if the mounting points are ripped/torn/bent out of alignment.
Old 09-06-07, 07:59 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

pretty sure they got bent, the whole wheel assembly is moved back.
Old 09-06-07, 08:31 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like MAJOR damage to your suspension. As someone else said,, at least 1-2K in damage. Isnt your neck feeling a little stiff right now as well? Dude, hire a lawyer immediately before you lose liability for everything. This type of damage is not just something that you gona be able to do out of pocket, unless it is going to be over a long period of time. Your whole wheel assembly is pushed backwards towards the passenger door. GET A LAWYER!!!!
Old 09-06-07, 11:34 PM
Ninjam
Driver School Candidate

heres a larger one, wasnt sure on your picture policy. i can take more what part do you need a larger pic on?
Attached Thumbnails 1990 LS400 question - Curb Hopped-l_d16ec101ba9715451e9adb663efaf78e.jpg  
Old 09-06-07, 11:35 PM
Ninjam
Driver School Candidate

kinda hard to get in there for a good pic, what kinda shot do you need?
Attached Thumbnails 1990 LS400 question - Curb Hopped-l_3b25ece3a5a057ec4b672b6d2e0ecc11.jpg  

Quick Reply: 1990 LS400 question - Curb Hopped