LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Not Exactly New LS Owner (& LS Accolades)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-07, 12:29 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not Exactly New LS Owner (& LS Accolades)

Well, I've come over to the dark side. Thanks to DaveGS4 ultimately, Lexfest, Derrick from D2 Autosports, and that crazy Canadian who drove from Toronto, to Miami, back to Atlanta for Lexfest. I always thought the LS lineup was for old farts, ya know? Well, that was until Lexfest came to Atlanta last year. Derrick and another CL member from Canada (sorry I forgot your name, but you will hopefully chime in) brought their sick LS's to the A-town. Man, I was impressed with both rides. I must have had a shocked, envious look on my face, cuz Mike (Sicklex) commented that I had "that look" on my face, you know, the one that says, hmmmm, I might have to get me one of these, heheh. Well, that was last year. Fast forward to this year. Dave hosted a Lexus meet along with a V-Dub meet up in Charlotte, and he and Krista graciously hosted a bunch of us crazy SELOC and CL peeps at their house.
Shortly before that, I found out he was selling his Oh So Clean LS. So here was a chance to own a piece of CL history, from one of the most respected Lexus owners (my personal opinion). So I had a chance to check out the car first hand, and true to form, the car was flawless, especially for a DD. The price was right, a few L-Sportline goodies were thrown in, and most important of all, a super reliable, respectable and meticulous owner that I was buying from. The whole transaction was a great experience. And now the ownership experience is just as great. And big thanks to Tony (CarbonGS) and Patrick for helping me pick up the LS. The LS takes the luxurious aspect of the Lexus line to a whole 'nother level. It truly deserves the title of Lexus flagship model!!!

Last edited by veritek; 05-09-07 at 01:07 PM.
Old 05-09-07, 04:55 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

so YOUR the one who bought Dave's LS

any mods planned?
Old 05-09-07, 05:28 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

NICE!!

You got a pretty nice ride man. If I were you, I'd go get some LS430 rims for it
Old 05-09-07, 09:03 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess i should say welcome to the dark side.
As darth vader said
"I am your father" LMAO

I am the crazy Canadian with a new set of O.Z. rims to fix my busted up one from last summer. I still cry when i think about hitting that driveshaft seeing my rim bent to ****..
Old 05-10-07, 09:49 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
so YOUR the one who bought Dave's LS

any mods planned?
Well, Dave put it back to stock to sell it, not knowing I was going to be a potential buyer, so I'm gonna put all the L-Sportline goodies back on. The rear L-Sportline bumper was slightly damaged in a rear ender, so I'm having the whole kit repainted and continue with the monochrome theme Dave had on the LS. Then I'm re-installing the L-Sportline suspension, then I'll just look for some 20" staggered wheels and tires. That's about it. The lines of the LS are so clean, I really don't wanna touch it, and was considering not even putting the kit back on.
Old 05-10-07, 09:50 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
NICE!!

You got a pretty nice ride man. If I were you, I'd go get some LS430 rims for it
Um, funny you should mention that. Dave already had the LS430 rims on it, and she's looking real good.
Old 05-10-07, 09:52 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by skperformance
I guess i should say welcome to the dark side.
As darth vader said
"I am your father" LMAO

I am the crazy Canadian with a new set of O.Z. rims to fix my busted up one from last summer. I still cry when i think about hitting that driveshaft seeing my rim bent to ****..
I'm glad you chimed in. So you're the one who bought the OZ's. I was looking at them too, but you beat me to them. Glad you got them, cuz it's gonna look hot!!!