LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Just started my audio project.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-07, 04:14 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just started my audio project.

Well, I just took out the stock Nakamichi system and started to put in my A/V. Nothing special so far and in fact it is only temporary so my son could watch DVDs in the car again. All of the A/V came out of my wife's 2004 RX330 that I recently sold. For now I'm just using a Metra plastic dash kit, but I plan on completely custom reworking that area by moving the AC control down and putting a 7" Alpine TME-M740BT Bluetooth monitor and Alpine Vehiclehub Pro where the AC controller is instead of the Alpine D310 I have in there now. Fow now it is simple and I only have one headrest done which I screwed it up so I'll be buying another headrests or have them recovered. Anyway, no amps yet but I'll be running the Alpine PDX. For now I just removed the NAK amp and I'm using the D310 deck's power.

After the A/V is complete I already have some 19X9.5 and 19X10.5 Work KF rims ready to go and since my friend is an Airrunner dealer I'll be getting some air. Anyway, just thought I share a bit. Thanks.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 04-05-07 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-05-07, 04:44 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

YOU BOUGHT VS-KF's!!!

DAMN YOU FOR STEALING MY FAVORITE WHEELS

u better put some pics up as soon as their on......
Old 04-05-07, 04:44 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, that's a TEMPORARY setup? It looks great even for a permanent setup. So when you relocate the airconditioning controls, are you going to have to shave a bit off the side from the front? It looks like the console narrows as it goes down.. I have this same issue in my 1LS, and when I do navigation, I want to move the AC controls down as well.
Old 04-05-07, 04:46 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by PureDrifter
YOU BOUGHT VS-KF's!!!

DAMN YOU FOR STEALING MY FAVORITE WHEELS

u better put some pics up as soon as their on......
Hehehe, That is the same thing I told my friend when he bought them. I actually just bought them from him for a really good price Conditions is near new since he only had them for a few months. The offset is not perfect for the LS, but the deal was so good I'll just run spacers to make the fitment where I want it to be. The rims are not quite ready to go as I still have to buy tires.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 04-06-07 at 03:20 AM.
Old 04-05-07, 04:48 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Suneet
Haha, that's a TEMPORARY setup? It looks great even for a permanent setup. So when you relocate the airconditioning controls, are you going to have to shave a bit off the side from the front? It looks like the console narrows as it goes down.. I have this same issue in my 1LS, and when I do navigation, I want to move the AC controls down as well.
Thanks. If I do have to modify the AC control unit, I'll buy a spare unit to modifty so I can keep the original if/when I need to return to stock. I try and do that with all my mods so I have all the OEM parts in tact when it is time to sell the car.

I only had this car for a little while so I'm still trying to learn all the tricks.
Old 04-05-07, 07:31 PM
KevinfrmSD
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what brand is that? Pioneer?
Old 04-05-07, 08:37 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alpine D310
Old 04-06-07, 10:16 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

If you put the radio on top wont it block the A/C vents?

Very interesting set-up please keep us upto date.

Jerry
Old 04-06-07, 11:11 AM
KevinfrmSD
Driver

And he got a full tank of gas. BAAALLLIIIN!
Old 04-06-07, 12:57 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Nice set-up
Old 04-06-07, 05:09 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Horta
If you put the radio on top wont it block the A/C vents?

Very interesting set-up please keep us upto date.

Jerry
The flip out monitor is only temporary. This is a left over unit I had for sale from my wifes RX330 that nobody bought, so I'm using it for now. Later I plan on using the Alpine M740BT touch screen connected to the Alpine Vehiclehub Pro. Since the screen is just a screen controller for the Hub Pro, it is very thin like your typical LCD monitor only and doesn't flip out. If the idea to relocate the AC controller down doesn't work out, I'll just use a regular non flip out double DIN LCD headunit All in time though as I have to juggle work, and my wifes work, so the car is not always available for me to work on.
Old 04-06-07, 07:08 PM
Mobstar
Pole Position

Looks nice, I wanna see the wheels, get them mounted !
Old 04-10-07, 02:40 AM
DTR_Projek
Driver School Candidate

Aloha!

I'm assuming you are samsons friend that he was telling me about at revision the other day. He said he helped his friend find a 20. Anyways, I have a 10 project car that I'm working on as well here on Oahu. Already have my wheels. (Euroline DH's like everyone else) and probably will do air through samson.

I just picked up a metra dash kit for my car as well, and I'm looking for a indash for it. I noticed you said that the alpine in the pics are just a temporary deck for you. You interested in selling? If so, how much? I'm just looking for something basic, cause it is a project car. (my main car is a G35C) I don't want a double din, cause I plan on mounting the air runner swtiches under the deck in the empty pocket.

Let me know...thanks, and I hope to meet you soon!
Old 04-10-07, 04:26 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DTR_Projek
Aloha!

I'm assuming you are samsons friend that he was telling me about at revision the other day. He said he helped his friend find a 20. Anyways, I have a 10 project car that I'm working on as well here on Oahu. Already have my wheels. (Euroline DH's like everyone else) and probably will do air through samson.

I just picked up a metra dash kit for my car as well, and I'm looking for a indash for it. I noticed you said that the alpine in the pics are just a temporary deck for you. You interested in selling? If so, how much? I'm just looking for something basic, cause it is a project car. (my main car is a G35C) I don't want a double din, cause I plan on mounting the air runner swtiches under the deck in the empty pocket.

Let me know...thanks, and I hope to meet you soon!

Yes, that would be me. Samson and I were both in Pimplux Car Club together at one time so that is how I met him. Anyway, I'll send you a PM about the Alpine D310.
Old 05-08-07, 01:16 PM
Horta
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
The flip out monitor is only temporary. This is a left over unit I had for sale from my wifes RX330 that nobody bought, so I'm using it for now. Later I plan on using the Alpine M740BT touch screen connected to the Alpine Vehiclehub Pro. Since the screen is just a screen controller for the Hub Pro, it is very thin like your typical LCD monitor only and doesn't flip out. If the idea to relocate the AC controller down doesn't work out, I'll just use a regular non flip out double DIN LCD headunit All in time though as I have to juggle work, and my wifes work, so the car is not always available for me to work on.

Well this is all very cool and interesting, please keep my upto date...

Jerry

Quick Reply: Just started my audio project.