LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Looking for dac

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-07, 07:53 PM
93ls400WD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECM hesitation problem ?

I am new to CL. I have been with LOC for a year +. Just reading the threads today on CL and ran across one from dac. I am very glad that you are here. See, I think that I have a strange electrical problem or an ECM issue.

I have a 93ls400 with 105,000 miles on it. I bought it a little over a year ago. I have replaced the coils,wires,plugs,caps,rotors, in the gas tank fuel screen and under the body fuel filter. Cleaned the throttle body. Replaced the TPS.

Now the problem. The first time it happened was a summer day everything was fine. Then I put the A/C on and the car felt like it was running on 4 cyl. Shut the car off and restarted it . Ran fine now but with the A/C off. I had replaced everything above before this but the TPS and fuel filters and coils. So they came next. All with improvement in acceleration but now I am left with this. The engine runs fine and revs smooth in park or neutral. But if I am driving and try to accelerate to fast ( not flooring it ) just say as to pass someone the tach drops 5-6 hundred rpm. The car feels like it looses forward movement. Like it is coasting. It will stay like this and the rpm will start jerking up and down with the car jerking forward also. Until I let off the gas pedal. then I can continue as before, quite normal ,but just have to very easily accelerate.

The reason that I replaced the TPS is that I get a code41. Which I still get after replacing the TPS and after many fine tuning adjustments of it.

One thing to mention is that the rubber wire cover looks like it had been cut away or melted away the goes over the 4 wires going to the TPS connector.
And two of the wires the green and the brown ones are stiff and kind of wavey compared to the others. They resemble another cars wire that Was like this and found to have corrosion around the wires when I removed the insulation from that area. I have been thinking of doing this but have been a bit reluctant. Also have been thinking of sending my ECM out for repair.

Do you have any thoughts on any of this? And do you have any recs. for an ECM repair shop?

Thanks, Walt

Last edited by 93ls400WD; 02-17-07 at 02:03 PM.