LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Inconsiderate People (backed into my car)

Old 06-22-06, 04:15 PM
sonyman
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Inconsiderate People (backed into my car)

I noticed 2 days ago while washing my car that the rear bumper appeared to have a few new scratches. Well, today at my friends house, I pointed the area out to him and thanks to the sunlight I saw that the paint is cracked in the rear left part of my bumper. Now I know for a fact that I didn't hit anything, so apparently some idiot backed into my car! It's not just a mark like a shopping cart would leave. There was paint/wax residue on the chrome trim as well. To top my day off, I noticed that my car now has a total of 7 or 8 marks on the passenger side, a couple with paint on them, from idiots opening their doors into my car! Why can't people have some decency! That's my rant for today.

Scott
Old 06-22-06, 04:28 PM
kalbo_1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear that! But unfortunately, that's a fact of life. I felt the exact same way when I found out that I had 2 new door dings the other day!

2 door dings you might say is nothing, but here's the kicker......... this was a few hours after I had all my dents taken out at the paintless dent removal place I guess that's what you get going to a little league baseball game.

I feel you and it's good to rant once in a while.

Last edited by kalbo_1; 06-22-06 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-22-06, 04:42 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I feel your pain. When possible, I'll walk the extra 3-4 minutes and park far away from people. If I take a spot and its hard for me to get out, I definitely repark somewhere else. You have to be especially careful when you park next to coupes and other two door vehicles, or SUVs. They have larger doors, and they have to open them much wider just to get in, especially if someone is trying to get into the back seat. And kalbo_1, thats just terrible luck, but thats just how it goes. Its damn near impossible to keep a perfectly meticulous car that you drive all the time and do errands with. Gotta learn to live with "good enough" . And with paralelle parking.. I cant tell you how many times I've seen from the balcony of my apartment, someone is getting in/out of a spot and they literally move the car infront of them 2-3 inches! Its ridiculous how often this happens! There's pretty much no way to avoid this.. becuase if you think you leave a lot of space between the people around you, someone will move out and some other inconsiderate person will move into that spot..
Old 06-23-06, 10:38 AM
LexusLimit
Driver

Its always good to have a beater around.
Old 06-23-06, 11:46 AM
BiGLeX 400
Driver

Our corolla looks like a war hero after one year and almost 20k miles. It's had fingernails, car doors, truck doors, shopping carts, and rocks hit it plenty of times over the year.

I always try to park out in the lot away from other cars. My wife works at the hospital and has to park in the garage.

I think she signing up for a reserve spot this week.