LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

2JZE Swap..

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-06, 10:56 PM
1SikLS4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2JZE Swap..

wuss up ppl.. i was wondering if u guys could help me out wit sumtin.. i got a 95' ls400 auto.. i want to do a 2zje swap into da car.. is there ne certains parts i need for the swap.. and if ne one is from jersey and noes a place that can swap da motor contact me asap.. idk wat to do on my ls400 i had a bmw and audi both stolen form ma house wasnt into japan.. so im kinda nu at jap scene if u guys can help me do.. i will really appreciate it.. thankx
Old 01-28-06, 11:17 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Not worth it..... save your headaches....
Old 01-28-06, 11:57 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

why the hell would u want a GE swap???? i mean, its got LESS power and you have to do a ton of $$$ into the swap. now a GTE swap is a whole 'nother story but u still have to look at the dollar to HP ratio. you could s/c a 1uz (stock internals) for the same price as a GTE swap...
Old 01-29-06, 09:27 AM
1SikLS4
Driver School Candidate

ookk.. so wat should i do to ma stock motor i mean i want sum power, lol.. cuz its kinda slow .. now.. if u guys noe wat i can do it to the motor let me noe.. cuz i need sum power cuz lil vr6's owners talk to much ****.. and i need to show who runs da streets no otha den da jap.. laters thankx for helpin me.
Old 01-29-06, 10:53 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SikLS4
ookk.. so wat should i do to ma stock motor i mean i want sum power, lol.. cuz its kinda slow .. now.. if u guys noe wat i can do it to the motor let me noe.. cuz i need sum power cuz lil vr6's owners talk to much ****.. and i need to show who runs da streets no otha den da jap.. laters thankx for helpin me.
wow ....you gonna street race a LS400!! well.....im not sure if anyone makes a supercharger for the 95LS but there are other products like headers, intake( custom) mods you can do to wake up the motor a little bit!! take the cats out.....2.5 inch exhaust with a x-pipe.
Old 01-29-06, 11:00 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

first of all the LS4 is NOT a sports car so if u want it to act like one ur gunna need a lotta time and a lotta $$$

now, if u wanna seriously get into some power u have some options, all of which are pretty $$$ filled.
1-build motor and run NA
2-build motor and run Turbo (custom 100%)
3-sotck motor and run S/C at low boost

etc...

nobody really makes "kits" for our cars except a couple companies in australia who do ~3500-5000 s/c kits.
Old 01-29-06, 11:05 PM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First, learn how to write and spell in english. Then, learn that this isnt a 'race car'. its a cruiser. you want more info on a 2jzgte swap into an LS400, look at www.retrodrive.net. He's in here, he has a ucf10/11 with a 2jzgte in it. pretty friggin awesome. and as far as i have gotten, you need the whole motor, ecu, wiring harness, custom driveshaft, custom intercooler piping, tranny cooler would be good, and i believe an apex'i rev/speed meter, or hks camp system. you'll need to have someone custom wire the car to get it running, and then you need to work out any bugs you have. have fun with it.
Old 01-30-06, 07:41 AM
ychachad
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, save your money and invest in a good education. If not for yourself, then for the sake of your kids.

Originally Posted by Caoboy
First, learn how to write and spell in english. Then, learn that this isnt a 'race car'. its a cruiser. you want more info on a 2jzgte swap into an LS400, look at www.retrodrive.net. He's in here, he has a ucf10/11 with a 2jzgte in it. pretty friggin awesome. and as far as i have gotten, you need the whole motor, ecu, wiring harness, custom driveshaft, custom intercooler piping, tranny cooler would be good, and i believe an apex'i rev/speed meter, or hks camp system. you'll need to have someone custom wire the car to get it running, and then you need to work out any bugs you have. have fun with it.
Old 01-30-06, 09:20 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Caoboy
you need the whole motor, ecu, wiring harness, custom driveshaft, custom intercooler piping, tranny cooler would be good, and i believe an apex'i rev/speed meter, or hks camp system. you'll need to have someone custom wire the car to get it running, and then you need to work out any bugs you have. have fun with it.
You will need more then the above parts.... Lots of diagram reading and someone really know both systems VERY WELL. There are lots of little things that are not mentions. Such as AC control, instructment reading and other sensors and indicators. Prepare long down time and lots of hidden expenses and most important of all.... headaches....
Old 01-30-06, 09:34 AM
sxylxy
Lead Lap

This forum should be This is what happens 17 years after a $60K car comes out... people like this get a hold of it... But since we're on the subject I was looking to convert my sc into an F1 car if anyone knows of a good place out in wisconson that may be willing to do this for me?
Old 01-30-06, 03:07 PM
1SikLS4
Driver School Candidate

*** it ill by me a mk1 or mk2 supra or mr2.. *** it.. thankx alot for da info and helpp.. i appreciate it..
Old 01-30-06, 04:14 PM
Strida
Rookie

if u want some sik speed, lol, put a 6' double decker wing and 50 type r stickers, cuz that will add 100 horse power wit d stckers alone. then if u still want more you can add 200 shot of naws. Add under body neon lights for added 10hp. And dont forget to change your hedlight fluid, cuz wit a high performance hedlight fluid, it will add another 15hp. but forget the ls4 it s a slow ****. go buy a civic cuz we live in a civic nation, lol, so after ur don wit d mods i gurantee u'lll break 9's in d quarter mile.
Old 02-03-06, 07:42 AM
1SikLS4
Driver School Candidate

see its ***** like u who r just fukin assole's toward a fukin question.. dumb *** *****.. yea it is kinda slow it got no take off.. wtf.. but eva i alreadi bought a fukin supra so im all good.. so i got a pimp ride and a fast ride..
Old 02-03-06, 09:42 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

see its ***** like u who r just fukin assole's toward a fukin question.. dumb *** *****.. yea it is kinda slow it got no take off.. wtf.. but eva i alreadi bought a fukin supra so im all good.. so i got a pimp ride and a fast ride..
Bro... easy with the harsh words......
Old 02-05-06, 05:36 AM
MadMaxxNA
Driver

Are all people from your area suffering from IQ's less than 70?

First off -- Speak enlgish. If you can't structure a sentence, how are you going to build a motor?

Second -- You do realize you keep asking about dropping in a NA 2JZ motor right? For someone who has owned a supra, this should be pretty apparent...

Third -- Try reading before you open your mouth (see First) and making a complete *** of yourself.

/inbeforelock

Quick Reply: 2JZE Swap..