LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

90 model front suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-06, 02:57 AM
richonenz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 model front suspension HELP !!

I have had my Celsior for 3 1/2 mths now and like it a lot !!
Just sourced myself some front l/r hubs and disc's which I fitted as the wheel bearings where OK and so where the ball joints , swopped the right hand one in due to a slightly noisey wheel bearing and found that the lower ball joint on the unit on the car was a bit sloppy as well , I fitted new pads and after a big trip away have just taken off the disc's and skimmed them .Yum , Yum !!
As expected the wheel bearings on the units I swopped in are now also just starting to make a noise , probably from being in the wreckers on the vehicle for a long time , as I now have the wishbones as well will fit new ball joints , wheel bearings and upper and lower bushes to my original now spare assemblys , makes it so easy , recon them and just swop them in .
My questions are , what bushes to fit [ I won't mind firming up the ride a little bit but not much ] and where do i get the ball joints and bushes ?
Would also like to do the front and rear sway bar bushes at the same time .
Don't think I can get the ball joints here in Aus from anywhere but Lexus and I will not pay those crooks the kind of money they are asking !!
So where in the States is the place !!
As for bushes thinking of using Daizens ???
I've been looking at all the posts but still can't make up my mind , don't want to do it twice !!
help please !!!

Regards...Rich

Last edited by richonenz; 01-05-06 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-01-06, 07:49 PM
BACKNBLACK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bushings, so the sway bar bushings I saw at autozone w/ grease fittings for 15.00 bucks.
You must know the correct sway bar diameter, but they have grease fittings, thats sweet.
As for the strut bushings they can be lubed up to stop the noises. but only to an extent.