LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Idle air control valve on PS Pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-05, 11:43 PM
damon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Idle air control valve on PS Pump

Had the phenomenon recently of dense smoke on start up coming out of the exhaust of 94 LS.

Forum info indicated that this was the above mentioned part sucking up PS Fluid into the upper intake manifold. Fix was very simple looped the manfold vacuum hose to the input just behind the maf sensor ( plugged this hose just so the maf would have no issues) and the looped the two heading to the PS pump to make it inactive.

Smoke problem is gone & if I need more idle at full steering lock I'm sure not noticing it!
Old 10-13-05, 01:01 AM
suloh
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problems. Anyway you can post a picture of the bypass work that you did?

Sorrry for being so long winded but need to clarify.

Currently from P/S pump, one vacuum hose goes to the intake manifold and the other goes to air intake hose (plastic hose just after MAF and before Throttle body). So you loop the two vacuum hoses coming from the P/S together.

Next you mentioned that you connect a vacuum hose from the intake manifold (where one of the P/S vacuum hose was to have gone to) to the nipple on the air intake hose (where the other P/S vacuum hose was connected). How did you "block" this hose since they are now connected.

I could attach short lengths of vacuum hoses to the nipple on the intake manifold and the nipple on the air intake hose and maybe block both these hoses with a screw.

Finally, you think there might be any problem in looping the 2 P/S vacuum hoses.

Thanks