LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Clear corners installation 98-00?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-05, 12:06 PM
lexodude
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear corners installation 98-00?

I just got my clear corners from luxurymods.com and I was wondering how you install them. Should i just pry it out of the bumper or do i have to do it from the back or something. Also i saw that stefwilli took out the orange in his blinkers next to the headlights. I was wondering how i can do this to mine. Is it just a bulb change or what?

Thanks
Old 08-17-05, 12:34 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a orange cover over a white bulb. I was able to break this cover into little pieces and shake them out. It takes a while but it's worth it
As for the bumper lights my body shop put them in.
Old 08-17-05, 05:11 PM
mtaalib3
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Stefwilli's method is the same i used to take the orange cover out of my lexus turning signal lamps long before i read this post. i put blue piia lights in the turning signal lamps and the clear bumper lenses. they both match and look really nice. as far as the bumper lenses....they are held on by two bolts on the inside of the bumper cover and are pretty easy to remove. at least the passenger side is. the driver side is a little more difficult because of the windshield wiper fluid reservoir. but if you are patient you can loosen the bolts with a small 10mm wrench. once the bolts are removed the lenses just come right off. good luck.
Old 08-17-05, 05:34 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Its so much easier to get to the side marker/parking light when you have the signles out of there. You can see the bolts right in front of you, much easier then trying to take them off from under the bumper.
Old 08-17-05, 05:50 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought the orange was scratching the lense on the inside you said. I have my headlights out just installing the Sylverstars (and what a change!!) and I took the blinkers out and was afraid if I broke it, that it would scratch the inside. And yea I might get the clear corner markers, those look so clean on silver. Where can I find blue Piia light bulbs?

EDIT: OH can anyone tell me what I can do to my fog lights? The seem to have alot of road wear on them and are a darker color than the side fogs. Do I just need a new lense?
Old 08-17-05, 06:15 PM
lexodude
Pole Position

How did u guys break the orange piece, i got it just hanging around in there it wont break!
Old 08-17-05, 06:37 PM
lexodude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TJW98LS
I thought the orange was scratching the lense on the inside you said. I have my headlights out just installing the Sylverstars (and what a change!!) and I took the blinkers out and was afraid if I broke it, that it would scratch the inside. And yea I might get the clear corner markers, those look so clean on silver. Where can I find blue Piia light bulbs?

EDIT: OH can anyone tell me what I can do to my fog lights? The seem to have alot of road wear on them and are a darker color than the side fogs. Do I just need a new lense?
I put silverstars in my fogs and they look great . As for the orange thing, its sitting at the bottom of the blinker just waiting to be broken. I had to put the blinker back on bc its nighttime and ill just TRY to fininsh tomorow.
Old 08-17-05, 08:18 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

im waiting for my clear corners from luxurymods right now so thanks for the tips on how to remove them im also thinking about removing the orange for the turn signals ialso have some silverstars in my fogs and they are a little brighter but not as bright as i want them, i think its b/c o the lens
Old 08-17-05, 09:52 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for the orange thing, its sitting at the bottom of the blinker just waiting to be broken. I had to put the blinker back on bc its nighttime and ill just TRY to fininsh tomorow. [/QUOTE]

Get a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the cover while you clip the orange cover with something, I used wire cutters. My first light I did I scratched the inside of the light some but the second one came out perfect.
Old 08-18-05, 07:31 PM
lexodude
Pole Position

Finally i did the blinkers, it was a real headache. But it looks cleaner now and after i do the clear signals from luxurymods.com ill take pics.
Old 08-21-05, 09:38 AM
lexodude
Pole Position

Finished Product
Attached Thumbnails Clear corners installation 98-00?-552281_16_full.jpg  
Old 08-21-05, 03:00 PM
TJW98LS
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You know what dude, I'm making my car just like yours only silver Sweet car.
Old 08-22-05, 01:58 PM
lexodude
Pole Position

You know what dude, I'm making my car just like yours only silver Sweet car.
Thanks dude, good luck
Old 08-22-05, 02:12 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Well, one easy way to do it is to buy a nice Orbital buffer (3500+RPM) from sears for about 25bucs, and get some 3M scratch remover. The difference is night and day in my lenses, and fog lights. They are much cleaner, and clearer.
Old 08-22-05, 02:14 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by lexodude
Finished Product
Yes, it looks very nice Good work.

But how did you remove the orange parking lights on the passenger side specifically? Its very hard to get anything in there.

I think im going to do this now. Much cleaner look.

Anyone got any chrome Amber bulbs to keep the orange signle look?

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 08-22-05 at 02:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Clear corners installation 98-00?