LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

What is your #1 favorite feature in your LS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05, 05:50 PM
LexFather

Default What is your #1 favorite feature in your LS?

Well, I never had one but it had to be the glovebox CD in the dash (1st ever of its kind) in the 95+ LS. I remember reading it in Road and Track back in 94 and thought "that was prett dang slick".
Old 04-05-05, 06:29 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I would have to say the Electrolksjdlfkjasdfkjsadlkj Gauges. Gives the Interior a very high class upscale look. Just imagine what your interior would look like if we had camry like gauges
Old 04-05-05, 07:57 PM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
I would have to say the Electrolksjdlfkjasdfkjsadlkj Gauges. Gives the Interior a very high class upscale look. Just imagine what your interior would look like if we had camry like gauges
Oh man, you beat me to it

I guess I like the center moving air vents a lot.
Old 04-05-05, 10:46 PM
LexLS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I have a 91 with no fancy do dads that a 430 has I'll have to say the cluster too. My 91 cluster looks better than most new cars. Surprizingly, new clusters are still very similar to the original design....just more info.
Old 04-06-05, 02:24 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I like the seat memory...just wish my year had passenger seat memory settings too.

Also the factory blown 5.0 L...oh wait...I'm dreaming now.
Old 04-06-05, 04:03 AM
ychachad
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Simply put, my favourite feature is - The Engine. It sounds like the ripping of a delicate silk scarf when you stomp on the accelerator, she immediately downshifts and revs. MAGIC!!!!
Old 04-06-05, 06:19 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 251 Likes on 198 Posts

VSC - I thought it had to be a gimmick when it first came out. Now I will never buy another car without it.
Old 04-06-05, 07:15 AM
Horta
Lead Lap

I have to say the awsome smooth engine...

Next would be the great suspension...
Old 04-06-05, 09:03 AM
xirforever
Lead Lap

So hard to choose! But i have one nobody has mentioned so far.... i LOVE the tilting and telescoping steering wheel, goes anywhere you want! Makes for MUCH more comfortable driving. In other cars i cant ever seem to manage to get the steering/seat combo how i like it.
Old 04-06-05, 11:50 PM
redkingjoe
Lead Lap

#1: memory seat.
Old 04-06-05, 11:58 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by xirforever
i LOVE the tilting and telescoping steering wheel, goes anywhere you want! Makes for MUCH more comfortable driving. In other cars i cant ever seem to manage to get the steering/seat combo how i like it.
YES!

This was one of the car killers. With the seat adjusted, sometimes to get the pedals right, the steering wheel was to close or too far. With this level of adjustment, the next check is the seat comfort. Haven't been in a Toyota yet that doesn't fit but the Lexus line just seals the deal on great seats. As far as our behinds like.
Old 04-10-05, 09:15 AM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

the telescoping steering wheel still (my car is a 94) gets a lot of attention whenever i get in and out of the car.

The gauges get lots of attention too. Now that they only work sometime, ppl immediately ask where my gauges are... and when they do the light dance when it starts to warm up they think its some kind of special mod like it flashing to the music... then when its finally on it looks really nice! but then ppl ask if i have enough fuel cuz its always PAST empty
Old 04-10-05, 10:14 AM
gs400998
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

The smooth quiet 250 HP V8 was my #1 favorite in my 93 LS4 back in the 90s.
Old 04-10-05, 12:01 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The NAVI feature...she is absolutely wonderful!
Old 04-11-05, 01:42 PM
vicpai
Pole Position

Exclamation Sick, actually that is....

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Well, I never had one but it had to be the glovebox CD in the dash (1st ever of its kind) in the 95+ LS. I remember reading it in Road and Track back in 94 and thought "that was prett dang slick".
.....the one thing I hate about my Lexus .....no seriously, THAT and the HORRENDOUS CUPHOLDERS (but this is just nitpicky stuff considering that this is the FINEST sedan in the world) ......Other than that this is one helluva ubelievably fantabulous automobile!!!!! ....SMMMOOOOOTH, VIRTUALLY SILENT ENGINE, UNREAL BUTTER-SMOOTH RIDE OVER POTHOLES AND SHARP IMPACTS, THAT HAS TO BE EXPERIENCED TO BE BELIEVED, PRETTY IMPRESSIVE HANDLING (considering the aforementioned ride ), NECK-SNAPPING ACCELERATION OFF THE DRAGSTRIP LINE (seat-of-the-pants, it feels much faster than the 6.3 sec 0-60 times obtained by the mags) .....even after owning this vehicle for 8 months now, I can't get over how smooth and silky the vehicle is, and just how POWERFUL it feels under all conditions. The TOTAL lack of engine noise makes it feel THAT MUCH MORE powerful!!!!! (FYI, after I put brand new OEM shocks and a set of Michelin Energy MXV4 plus tires, the ride is like floating on a lake, without any handling penalty )

I'm gonna elaborate a bit on this!!!..... Personally, I think the 98-00 LS 400 is the absolute best ever made, period. IMO, the engine is smoother and more silent, especially at lower speeds when accelerating, than the 2001-2003 LS 430 I've recently test driven several times. The ride is also a notch smoother/absorbant over potholes and sharp impacts (and I'm talking with the standard coil spring suspension versus the ultra's air susp!!! ....however, this may have a bit to do with the Michelin Energys my car is wearing versus the Dunlops the LS 430s were wearing - FYI, weird as it may seem, the 16" wheel-equipped LS 430 with the steel suspension rode smoother -virtually identical to my LS- than the 17"-wheel-equipped ULTRA). I also don't get the same NECK-SNAPPING instantaneous throttle response from the LS 430, that I get off-the-line with my LS 400, which makes the 430 feel a little sluggish off the line (unless you floor it) ......after researching, I read that they've implemented a little "delay" in there to make power delivery a bit smoother, but I personally don't like the feel of it.

.....so it looks like I will be taking my LS to my grave with me ....Unless the 2004+ models with the six-speed auto feel different (I will be test driving these in a few days)

Last edited by vicpai; 04-11-05 at 01:51 PM.

Quick Reply: What is your #1 favorite feature in your LS?