LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Dealer Problem - Best course of action?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-05, 04:00 PM
biggajigga
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Problem - Best course of action?

My local dealer (Lexus Kearny Mesa in San DIego) bumped my rear bumper so that the bumper near the taillight popped up and out like a triangular fold. That happened yesterday on my 04 LS430. A few weeks ago the same dealership scraped my sister's rim on her 03 IS SportX while backing up the car next to a curb. What is the best course of action to make a complaint? And do you feel like I have the right to ask for something in return from the dealership aside from them just fixing it? Personally I do not feel like it is good enough for somebody to damage my previously perfect car that only has 5,000 mi on it and then fix it -- no matter what they do it can never be as good as it was originally from the factory. So what do you guys think? Thanks for the input.
Old 02-14-05, 10:37 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by biggajigga
My local dealer (Lexus Kearny Mesa in San DIego) bumped my rear bumper so that the bumper near the taillight popped up and out like a triangular fold. That happened yesterday on my 04 LS430. A few weeks ago the same dealership scraped my sister's rim on her 03 IS SportX while backing up the car next to a curb. What is the best course of action to make a complaint? And do you feel like I have the right to ask for something in return from the dealership aside from them just fixing it? Personally I do not feel like it is good enough for somebody to damage my previously perfect car that only has 5,000 mi on it and then fix it -- no matter what they do it can never be as good as it was originally from the factory. So what do you guys think? Thanks for the input.

Man, that’s just painful. I feel your pain. That’s totally wrong of them. They messed up your ride, and you should be compensated. They know the car will never be the same like it was from the factory, no matter HOW good their body shop facility is. Plus when you want to sell it, a good buyer can tell it has been changed, and might think you got rear ended. As a suggestion, if you were going to keep the car for a long time, tell them to buy you extended warranty so you wouldn’t have to sell it, just as an example. I’m sure there are a number of things that can be done, but if I were you, I wouldn’t let this pass me like that.

If they act non-responsive, go up the food chain, until you get to corporate.

At any who, damaging your car, and so called fixing it isn’t fair enough
Old 02-15-05, 12:04 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I've had two issues when mine has been in for service. Scratch on the driver door and gouge on the front fender. In each instance, I contaced the the servicer writer and the car was repaired without hesitation. I got a loaner and they did a full interior detail and such when mine was returned.

Both repairs are excellent and it is undetectable...although I know where to look but anyone else wouldn't likely spot it.
Old 02-15-05, 04:53 PM
vicpai
Pole Position

Angry A BRAND FRIGGIN NEW LS WITH 5000 miles!!!!!!

....friggin Hell.....they're FRIGGIN LUCKY IT IS NOT ME....I would've punched some holes in their friggin ret*rded faces if it was me

I swear to god, make sure they compensate you REEEALLLY good, BESIDES FIXING IT!!! .....that car is NEVER going to be the same no matter how well it's fixed .....make sure you THREATEN THEM that you'll make a big stink with corporate, if they don't bend over backwards to make you happy!!!

...it's not even my car and I'm already getting really p*ssed off .....Many a time these a$$holes don't have any regard for other people's property (if it's an honest mistake at least that's something, but I've seen how some of these people recklessly move cars around at dealerships just because it's not theirs and they simply don't care!!)
Old 02-15-05, 06:08 PM
MikeP
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I also have an '04 LS430. The day after I took delivery, I washed my car and noticed some scrapes on the rear bumper cover. I took it back to the dealer and spoke to the General Manager. I told him I did not want it repaired and/or painted because I felt the factory paint would hold up better and be a better match. The GM had the body shop replace my bumper cover with one from an unsold car. They did a great job, I still have factory paint and a new bumper cover. You might want to talk to the GM at your dealership and ask for a swap for your bumper cover and at the same time a new wheel for you sister's IS. If you don't get satisfaction from your dealer, call Lexus customer relations.
Old 02-15-05, 08:04 PM
houstonnw
Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeP
The GM had the body shop replace my bumper cover with one from an unsold car.
So they sold a new car with a replaced bumper cover? I hope their was full disclosure when they sold that car.
Old 02-15-05, 10:07 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by houstonnw
So they sold a new car with a replaced bumper cover? I hope their was full disclosure when they sold that car.
You can pretty much bet they didnt
Old 02-15-05, 10:15 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by vicpai
...it's not even my car and I'm already getting really p*ssed off .....
I actually got really upset when I read his post, I even thought about it more then twice today... They are so lucky it wasn’t me. I would have turned that whole dealership upside down until im satisfied.

Don’t know I mentioned this before, but I had an incident once before while I was looking for an LS, so while I was checking out on LS on the lot, one of the salesman looked at me in a very insulting way and said "you buying, or playing?" as if I was 4 year old girl with her doll.

I was so mad, caused a big fuss that day at the dealership, they offered to service my friends car at no expense (I was there while my friend was getting his car serviced).

You should have seen the show room that night, the salesmen was so embarrassed after my and my friend were done with him, he sneaked himself out as everyone was staring at him. Then he came back with the general manager and apologized.
Old 02-16-05, 09:30 AM
unrealii
Driver

You are in California ....There is this agency called the burearu of automotive repair (BAR). Complain to them. They can revoke the licence to do automotive repairs on cars if autoshops are out of line. http://www.smogcheck.ca.gov

You can also complain to the BBB, but that is up to you. I would go with the BAR first. Ofcourse, I would talk to the dealer first. Make sure they know what it will take to make you happy (within reason), if they cannot accomodate that, let them know you will be contacting the BAR and or the BBB. Also, dont forget, GET EVERYTHING IN WRITING, as well as the person's name, date, and time you spoke with them. I have been f'ed over by 3 ford dealers...and have learned from my mistakes...pm me if you have any questions.

Last edited by unrealii; 02-16-05 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-15-06, 11:03 PM
Andrewm
Driver School Candidate

Default New member. PLEASE HELP!

Hi

Can someone please help me. I have an IS300 & have just found a small (ridge) buckle on the top of the back bumper of my car, it’s hardly noticeable, but I know it’s there. (something must have hit the back & pushed the ridge up)

Can someone please advise how I can have this straightened out. There is no paint damage.

Some suggested to apply some heat on the dent & try to push it down (being carefull not to damage the paint). Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks Andrew