LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

2JZ-GTE now sit nicely in my engine bay.

Old 02-06-05, 12:48 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gowest
Should I cut up front spoiler so FMIC could get all the cool air I see many drift car in Japan did this but not so sure about cuting up this $2000 kits.
Cutting up a Wald Exchange V3 front bumper is . I'm sure it'll be fine the way it is....looks great BTW.
Old 02-07-05, 06:31 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice. What kind is your goal? If you want to run AEM let me know.
JPI
Old 02-16-05, 02:36 AM
gowest
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan to use HKS F-con V pro or Apexi power FC How much AEM units will cost me? Any special Deal. Does it come with software?

Pic: supra turbo rear end 3.79 , with limited slip diff

assume that it gonna be a direct replacement
Attached Thumbnails 2JZ-GTE now  sit nicely in my engine bay.-dsc02133.jpg  

Last edited by gowest; 02-16-05 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-16-05, 06:50 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

AEM is PNP for the U.S application. Please p.m us for mor detail.
JPI
Old 02-16-05, 08:22 AM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gowest
The tranny will be stricly automatic so that my wife can drive it too. The goal is to make 450rwhp.

Here pic of Cedric with RB26DETT. I bought this car just the way it is. All I did to it is change the wheels to 19". Because of the twin plate ORC clutch my wife never touch it. I only drive it at night when traffic is low.

Drool...........
Old 02-22-05, 01:42 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Amazing work dude. I wouldn't suggest trimming the bumper unless you get someone to glass it back so it looks like it was designed to be that way. Its a Lexus not a boro drift ****

Cars look absolutly fabulous man I love all of them. Great work, good luck on the wiring!

AEM is IMO the bets stand alone, it offers WAYWAY more tuneability than the PowerFC, FCON im not to knowledgabe about but the AEM can do just about everything you can imagine, however since you are using the vvti 2JZ (unless I am mistaken) I dont think AEM has an application...

Great work man take care
Old 02-23-05, 04:22 AM
gowest
Driver

Get the wiring done today It start and idle smootly. Without muffler 2JZ sound like diesel engine.

However the tach and speedo are not working . Also have the traction control butterfly completely remove. see pic.

I will drive the car to muffler shop tomorrow. What amaze me is that the engine seem to running fine with out all the piping connected.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZ-GTE now  sit nicely in my engine bay.-dsc02136.jpg  
Old 02-23-05, 04:25 AM
gowest
Driver

This is how I will drive this car to the muffler shop. Without hood and bumper , hope cop will not pull me over.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZ-GTE now  sit nicely in my engine bay.-dsc02137.jpg  
Old 02-23-05, 04:39 AM
gowest
Driver

New problem to solve? Can I open out the diff and swap the gear. The supra diff and LS400 have different attaching point and I don't want to modify it. It both have same measurement -length and width.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZ-GTE now  sit nicely in my engine bay.-dsc02133ki.jpg  

Last edited by gowest; 02-23-05 at 06:05 AM.
Old 02-23-05, 07:38 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car is looking good.
Keep us posted on your project, I personally ove these kind of swaps.
Old 02-23-05, 08:36 AM
Lvangundy

I tried the differential swap on my LS with a SC box. Wasn't a direct swap.

I called a few rear end shops and none of them wanted to touch the differential to change out the gears. One of those rip-off supra places asked $2,500 to swap them.
Old 02-24-05, 10:03 AM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Very good ... Keep us updated!
JPI
Old 02-24-05, 01:50 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

I think you'll have to try the diff man, unless other people have put in the supra lsd. The diff itself may fit but the output shafts bay be different.

Does the 2JZ use a map sensor? I always thought it used an air flow meter, however it must be a map if its running with no piping what soever! And yea my SR20DET sounds like a deamon without an exhaust as well.

Great work man, who did your wiring for you?

Find a 2JZ pinout and an LS400 pinout and you'll easilly find the speedo and tach wire. If it still doens't work toyota must use a different method to send the tach and speedo signal. If this is the case you either have to do tons of research and get someone to build you a box to convert the signal, OR make the GS gauge cluster fit in your LS... if it was a clean install it would be SOOSOS pimp
Old 02-24-05, 08:42 PM
gowest
Driver

Originally Posted by LexusRules
I think you'll have to try the diff man, unless other people have put in the supra lsd. The diff itself may fit but the output shafts bay be different.

Does the 2JZ use a map sensor? I always thought it used an air flow meter, however it must be a map if its running with no piping what soever! And yea my SR20DET sounds like a deamon without an exhaust as well.

Great work man, who did your wiring for you?

Find a 2JZ pinout and an LS400 pinout and you'll easilly find the speedo and tach wire. If it still doens't work toyota must use a different method to send the tach and speedo signal. If this is the case you either have to do tons of research and get someone to build you a box to convert the signal, OR make the GS gauge cluster fit in your LS... if it was a clean install it would be SOOSOS pimp
Yes, this engine does come with map sensor, I think that US and UK spec 2JZ use air-flow meter but not so sure about us spec.

I hire someone to do the wiring for me. He specialize in Toyota and ran from shop to shop doing only wiring and charge about $200 -300 depend on how hard it is, took him about half a day to complete the job. What a great way to make money.

Will try to custom fit GS guage as you mention. I think that it the easiest method.

Pic of underneath: Tran. mount to stock hole no drilling what so ever.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZ-GTE now  sit nicely in my engine bay.-dsc02139.jpg  
Old 02-24-05, 08:53 PM
gowest
Driver

If anyone plan to buy 2J for LS400 look for one with front oil pan. Pic. 2JZ does come with front , middle and rear oil pan depend on what car it came from.
Attached Thumbnails 2JZ-GTE now  sit nicely in my engine bay.-dsc02140.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2JZ-GTE now sit nicely in my engine bay.