LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

pictures of my car..Strut bar, side markers, clear fronts, Neon lights...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-01, 10:41 PM
TonyN
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 79 Posts

Check it out

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ab83b...xaRV7AJL8sy8aD

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ab83b...xaRV7AKLWdU8IY

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ab83b...xaRV7A4.PQox4A

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ab83b...xaRV7A56WkX2_E

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ab83b...s/Back+of+Car+(exhaust).jpg?bcxaRV7AsRWiYOAu

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ab83b...xaRV7Apvga6QeJ
Old 05-18-01, 05:29 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Unhappy can not see pics

It's not working........
Old 05-18-01, 08:10 AM
zushwa
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was just me!!!
Old 05-18-01, 09:01 AM
TonyN
Instructor

Sorry... i'm trying to fix it
Old 05-18-01, 12:04 PM
Francis K
Racer

Default worked for me!

I like it!

I'm just not into the sticker thing, unless their clublex stickers other than I think it's set up nicely! (which I need to order)
Old 05-19-01, 03:50 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't work for me using Netscape but it did work for me using Explorer...except for one photo (the one that has "Back+of+Car+" in it)

LS400in520 - The STB and intake look great. Is that a SRT HFI system?...no disrespect, but the Neon, Stickers, "Powered By" Seat Belt Pad, and rims are...uh, how can one put this...those items are very "cool" on a '89 Honda Civic DX...

Seriously Bro, you own a Lexus. Don't rice out a LUXURY ride like the LS400...lower the ride, put some clean 19" or 20" rims on the car, put on a nice, clean body kit, tint the windows, etc...don't waste your money on useless crap like stickers, neon, and seatbelt pads...the LS is FAR from a race car...

Seriously, anytime a LS owners *thinks* they own a race car, come meet one my homeboys in their Toyota Corolla GTS (AE86), RX-7, 240SX (Silvia), 3000GT VR4, etc. in any canyon. They'll set yer *** straight real quick...
Attached Thumbnails pictures of my car..Strut bar, side markers, clear fronts, Neon lights...-front.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 05-19-01 at 04:06 AM.
Old 05-20-01, 01:45 AM
TonyN
Instructor

Hey no disrespect taken,
I have those sticker because the people i grew up with wanted me to join their club so i did. I do want 19 and plus but i don't have money, i did save up enough for 18 which i have on now. I saver for over a year for those. I am plaining on getting a body kit this summer, which i been saving for a long time for. I'm not trying to rice out my car, i've been there and done that. I respect your oppinion about the neon and sticker, but if you see my car at night at a car show or something it looks really nice. So...I know my car is not a total race car, but i have to back up my friend if they ask me too. Plus eveyone has a style, and right now i don't have enough to go for the clean look i want, i'm saving. I'm only 17 and i think i save and worked hard for what i have.
P.s. is that your car on the bottom, where did you get that kit if it is...
TOny
Old 05-20-01, 01:33 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Question

I still can not view the pics..... I get an error "forbidden" every time I try to load them. Do you have another link or what is the web address?

Just post the pics on this page.....

Tony, thanks for the info you sent me!!!!
Old 05-20-01, 01:36 PM
Francis K
Racer

Default go tony!

I like that man, I'm 17 too and I'm in the same situation every have what they can afford right. Nice meeting you!
Old 05-20-01, 01:56 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Tony - You're a lucky 17 year old to be driving a Lexus! (as are you Francis)

As for clubs, you should be forced to put stickers on your car just because you're in a club...just add one small club sticker to your rear 1/4 windows or your back window...don't sticker your car up like a typical "ricer" Civic!

You don't need tons of cash to have a clean look. You could leave your car stock and it'd be clean. Don't add stuff to make it look ricey (neon, seatbelt pad, etc.)

As for the bodykit, it's the Exclusive Euro kit. That's not my car (I have a GS430), but if I had a older body LS400 (UCF10/11), I would do it up like that. I believe the bodykit is around $1200...(it's a add-on kit, not a full replacement kit, hence the low price).

As for saving up, here's what I recommend...instead of saving up a little bit and getting something for that little bit, save up a little more and get the better item. It'll take you longer but you'll appreciate the results much more in the end. You have a nice ride in STOCK form, you can drive it around stock until you have enough saved to get some decent parts for the car...for example, the body kit, if you have $700 or so, don't go and buy some ****ty kit by Xenon or something, save up another $500 and get the Exclusive kit instead. It may take you a little longer, but you'll be happier with the end result (unless you happen like the ugly-*** Xenon kit...reminds me of something someone would do to a Cavalier along with some fake-rim-hubcaps...hubrims)

At any rate, being only 17, you're already ahead of the game! Congrats!
Old 05-20-01, 03:40 PM
TonyN
Instructor

hey manary
first off, those extra parts you are talkin of is basically change money. as for the kit im getting a full eleven piece japanese evolution this summer. as for the thing about money, if you want it done right, then you need money.

second, i have to admit, im a pretty lucky seventeen year old. i have loving parents, and a great girlfriend who support me with my hobby, but that doesnt mean that they paid for everything. i work six days a week and overtime to pay for my car

how many seventeens do u know that can afford to fix up their lexus?...with their own money? as well as holding one of the highest gpa in school, ive juggled and struggled for all that i have. I respect your two cents, but thats all that it is, your oppinion. I like my car the way it is, i like my rims and other things i have to it. I wasnt' forced into putting stickers on but i want to support my firends to the max.
Another things i is i would never buy a Xenon kit, and my car comes no where near a cheap cavalier. Another things is who are we to judge them?? if that is what they choose to do, what say do we have. Not everyone is fortunate enough have a good job, or is willing to work that hard. In any case I respect those rices, some are very nice.

If you cn't view the pict try using EXPLORER, i'll try to put some up again next week. Tanks guys for the info, good and bad. Tony
Old 05-20-01, 07:42 PM
Francis K
Racer

Default Tone, hold on a sec man...

Don't be offended by anything Manaray said, he was just adding some insight, it was insight that i agreed with too. Were all friends here at ClubLex, we don't take anything personally unless it is personal, and that wasn't.

WELCOME TO CLUBLEXUS BABY!
Old 05-20-01, 10:30 PM
TonyN
Instructor

hey i didn't take it personal, hey i asked for the oppion so i'm gonna take it with an open mind, i just wanna respond on the way i feel. Rice is not bad, if that what they love and can afford. Heck if they spend time doing the stuff themself, and instead of having the shop doing eveytihng then i give them props. can anyone else see the pic?
Old 05-21-01, 01:39 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Francis - Thanks for the backup!

Tony, I didn't mean that your car looks anything like a Cavalier! I ment the Xenon kit looks like something I'd see on a Cavalier (I've seen a few "fixed up" Cavaliers with similar looking kits)

Just to make sure, are we talking about the same body kit, are you talking about the Evolution Company (www.evolution.co.jp) or a kit named "Evolution"? If it's the Evolution Company, which kit are you getting (they make several)?

As far as "rice", when I say "rice", I'm not talking about people who have WELL done Civics and whatnot. I'm talking about people who put thing on their car that have no performance value what-so-ever but front like their car is fast (like people who put 50 pound 3-tier wings on their FRONT wheel drive cars...it only slows the car down). Also, there are some cars (like a Hyundai Excel) that just isn't worth fixing up but people waste money on it anyways...that's another instance of "ricing". I personally think Cavaliers fall into that catagory, much like a Chevy Celebrity...but to each his own I guess...

As far as keeping up your GPA and keeping a job, I congradulate you. At 17, my only transportation was a Suzuki GSXR-750 (motorcycle). I didn't even have a car. Like I said, owning a Lexus at 17, you're ahead of the game.

Here are the pictures that I was able to get (all except the 5th one down...)
Attached Thumbnails pictures of my car..Strut bar, side markers, clear fronts, Neon lights...-tony1.jpg  
Old 05-21-01, 01:40 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

And the 6th image...
Attached Thumbnails pictures of my car..Strut bar, side markers, clear fronts, Neon lights...-tony-car-pic1.jpg  

Quick Reply: pictures of my car..Strut bar, side markers, clear fronts, Neon lights...