LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Tein CS available

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-04, 12:06 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts
Default Tein CS available

I was by TM Engineering today and Todd showed me a set of Tein CS's available for the UC20/21. One of the units was test mounted on a UCF 10/11 and has scratches, the rest are pristine. If I had the $$ I'd have bought them right then...but I don't so I couldn't. Please do me a favor...buy them quickly so I'm not tempted. He has them ready to ship so you can give him a call on the specifics.

A bit back I found an issue of VIP Style...the most impractical mag I've ever seen but it's sick to see a car with ~1" of ground clearance being driven. . I thought I'd like the Eibach and I do but little by little I'm wanting to swap them out for the Tein's. I already scrape over enough things so in a practical sense, lowering the car more is . Something is definitely wrong with me.

Old 10-22-04, 05:02 AM
Vik
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,

What price is he asking ?
Old 10-22-04, 06:25 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

oh man, if I had know that Todd had a set of CS's in stock for a 20/21... would of saved me a lot of money. Tein told me that there wasn't a set in stock in the US. so I had to air ship another suspension for a 21...

all good, I would probably ended up w/ the suspension we imported eventually.. it just really hurt the wallet...

Last edited by JunctionGS; 10-22-04 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-22-04, 07:42 AM
Vik
Driver

Guys, what is so special about Tein CS ???
I'm thinking about lowering my car but why Tein is better then sping set ?
Old 10-22-04, 08:06 AM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Vik
Guys, what is so special about Tein CS ???
I'm thinking about lowering my car but why Tein is better then sping set ?
the tein CS is a full coilover setup rather than just the springs alone. One of the major plus for a coilover setup is the adjustability of the spring height and/or dampening (ride quality).

the CS also has great ride quality that most compare to near stock...
Old 10-22-04, 08:16 AM
Vik
Driver

Originally posted by JunctionGS
One of the major plus for a coilover setup is the adjustability of the spring height and/or dampening (ride quality).

the CS also has great ride quality that most compare to near stock...
I know dampening can be dinamically adjusted with special set but can height be adjusted without taking wheels off ?

Is stock susp better then Tein in terms of ride quality ?
Old 10-22-04, 02:14 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Vik-

Tein and JIC offer an adjustable set-up for our cars and if you want the best in adjustability and ride quality, both are tops on the list. They are importable and for us in the states, we have factory support for rebuilding and such.

If you are interested in Tein or JIC, check to see that you have factory dealers/support in the event they need warranty work or re-building. Todd relays that these things are good for 60-100 K miles depending how your roads may be. A typical spring strut combo is good for about the same but you have no adjustability for your driving preference and ride height.

It depends on budget...if you have the funds and want to improve not only the looks but have a suspension adjusted to how you drive, the Tein CS is tops, hands down. I have the EIbach Bilstein and it improves handling and looks but you cannot adjust it if you want a firmer more responsive characteristic.

Springs and struts cost me about $750 and another $250 to install.
TEIN CS at regular price is $1,200 and another $250 to install. (I dunno what shipping is.) There also is the EDFC an electronic controller to adjust the stiffness in valving of the CS so you can have it soft or firm with about a range of 12 levels. The EDFC is $350 and about $300 to wire it up.

todd@tmengineering.net
Old 10-22-04, 02:20 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

John-

You got a LS?
I'll be looking forward to seeing it JP-ized.
Old 10-22-04, 02:37 PM
JunctionGS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by RA40
John-

You got a LS?
I'll be looking forward to seeing it JP-ized.
me w/ an LS?
Old 10-22-04, 07:41 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Originally posted by JunctionGS
me w/ an LS?
JunctionLS
Old 10-23-04, 07:18 AM
Vik
Driver

Originally posted by RA40
It depends on budget...if you have the funds and want to improve not only the looks but have a suspension adjusted to how you drive, the Tein CS is tops, hands down. I have the EIbach Bilstein and it improves handling and looks but you cannot adjust it if you want a firmer more responsive characteristic.
Mike,

I definitely want my car lowered down but buying Tein is not at the top of my list. I want finish my minor exterior and interior upgrade and after buying wheels I'll go for Tein. I would actually buy Tein if it's on special but I'm little behind on my budget because I just had 90K mile service and it really hit my poket.

PS:
I saw tein on l-tunedparts website and prices are exactly as you quoted.
Old 10-23-04, 01:12 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Vik-

After reading the discussion in the GS suspension forum about springs vs. the adjustable coils, I decided on the spring route. I figured it was appropriate and I could live with it. Having driven them for 8 months, I'm rethinking that. The Tein would have been the more appropriate way for me. Live and learn...

The Teins Todd has are on "special" since one of the units has scratches. Like you, I have a 90K service interval upcoming so buying fun goodies isn't something I could do.
Old 10-24-04, 05:27 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Let me know if your goign to sell your springs/shocks. Im in the market for something i could use for 8 to 9 months or so.
Old 10-30-04, 12:34 AM
j three
Lexus Test Driver

RA40, you said the coilovers were test fitted to ufc 10/11. Do you know if it worked out or if it is'nt compatible with the 10/11, also sorry to get off topic but does anyone know if supra seats will fit into any ls 400? Thanks in advance to anyone with info.
Old 10-30-04, 12:35 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

These Tein CS's will not fit on the UCF 10/11.

Quick Reply: Tein CS available