LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

dealer complaint.. where to call ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-04, 07:13 PM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealer complaint.. where to call ?

The TRAC light on my 93LS came on, so I took it to the dealer to check. They said the accumulator needed to be replaced and they did. bill came to $950. A day after I picked up the car the TRAC light came on again. I called the service advisor back because I was quite pissed. He never returned my call for a week. Just yesterday the manager of the service dept calls me to tell me that they don't want to service my car anymore. !
This is unheard of at any other dealer besides lexus. At this point I've called the customer service dept. for lexus as well. I'm not sure if that's the right path to take. What else can I do ?
I can go to another dealer but they will want me to go back to where I had the parts replaced....
any suggestions ? what's the proper way to complain to lexus headquarters ?
Old 06-14-04, 07:35 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I hate it when dealers do that, please tell us the name of the dealer so we are all advised NOT to service our cars there. You also might want to tell them about the advertising you have been doing online for them, in which thousands of Lexus owners read everyday. Either by mentioning this place, or providing a copy of this thread with the service manager’s name. I have seen that used before, and worked well.

Just follow your signature.
Old 06-14-04, 08:22 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Ouch, sorry to hear the bad news Lexs400. It's unheard of that the service manager tells you that they can't service your vehicle anymore for whatever reason, but I guess in the auto service world, it could happen to anyone. The Lexus customer service dept (from the Nat'l Headquarters) should be able to point you to the right direction to resolve the situation. Just explain your problem in full detail, and you will get the proper help from them.

I wonder if the dealership you took your car happens to be either in Bay Ridge Lexus (in Brooklyn NY), or Lexus of Manhattan? I heard various horror stories with their service depts
Old 06-14-04, 11:25 PM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

I think lexus is a great car. It's the incompetent mech's at most dealerships who don't know, or don't want to perhaps, troubleshoot and fix the cars properly.
I am not about to make the mistake of letting go of a great car because of the dealership. However, I have realized the notion behind the word "stealership".
I would like to know if there are any private "competent" shop in the NJ area who fix the lexus.
Just like the german vehicles, I'm sure there would be shops specializing in lexus besides the dealers.
any suggestions?
Old 06-15-04, 04:34 AM
Lexs400
Lexus Test Driver

after reading lots of other posts in this forum, it seems like lexus of north american won't really care much as to how some dealerships are when it comes to their service dept.
I'm curious, how does one contact lexus in japan ? lexus website doesn't give their number. is there another website for that ?
Old 06-15-04, 12:17 PM
unrealii
Driver

Check and see if there are any consumer protection agencies in your state. I know california has the Burearu of Automotive Repair which you can file a complaint about any shop you have problems with. Check and see what is in your area.
Old 07-09-07, 05:37 PM
vandit23
Driver

Are there any contacy numbers or e-mails where we can call/write so that someone at Lexus will respond to a complaint?
Old 07-09-07, 07:25 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

One of the things that I heard on an XM radio talk show called Americas Car show(www.Americascarshow.com) was to ask for the phone number of the zone representative. Basically, as I understand it, this is the equivalent of a district manager and is the next step above the dealership. If you ask for this information, they are required to give it to you. Most people don't know about it and therefore never ask for it. Unfortunately, contacting the centrals of Lexus will yield very little results as most of the dealerships are privately owned, but under the Lexus franchise name. Therefore, Lexus has no control over what the OPERATING PRACTICES of the individual dealerships are.

Best bet, like I stated before it to call and ask for the number of the zone representative for Lexus in your area, and make a formal complaint to the better business bureau as well.

The zone representative advice can be used for ANY brand/manufacturer and it does work in most cases. I had to go thru this with a service issue with my mom's Chevy awhile back. Took a little time to resolve but was alot shorter than having to try to deal with Chevy corporate directly.

Last edited by trukn1; 07-09-07 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-10-07, 05:48 PM
Suneet
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely update us on this situation. Stuff like this really concerns me. But thats why I take my car to an independent mechanic who I've gotten to know over the years. They service Hondas and Toyotas, as well as their Luxury counterparts, so all our cars are serviced there. I hope you can find a quality place like that where you live.