LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

My ABS & Trac Light won't go off?? What could be the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-04, 09:12 AM
DroppedGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ABS & Trac Light won't go off?? What could be the problem?

I have a 91 LS 400 and my Trac & ABS Light came on and now it won't go off. What could be the problem? When I push the Trac Light it doesn't do anything.
Old 04-21-04, 03:06 PM
mtsao
Driver

Default Re: My ABS & Trac Light won't go off?? What could be the problem?

Originally posted by DroppedGS
I have a 91 LS 400 and my Trac & ABS Light came on and now it won't go off. What could be the problem? When I push the Trac Light it doesn't do anything.
You have a problem in both systems. Seriously though, do a search and you will find lots of threads aboout TRAC and ABS errors. Two things you can do:
1) Go to your dealer for a diagnostic (usually 1hr labor, so about $100)
2) Pull the trouble codes and post them here--many of us have factory service manuals and we can tell you what part of the system is acting up.

Being that it's springtime in most parts and there isn't snow on the ground, you probably don't have to worry about the TRAC system (until I decide to cough up $500 for the accumulator, I'm frequently driving my 90 LS with the TRAC light on) too much. I would be more concerned with the ABS.

Post your error codes once you pull them.
Old 04-25-04, 08:03 AM
DroppedGS
Driver

If my ABS computer is bad will my ABS & Trac Light come on? Are they 2 different computer for these 2 things?

Ps... Also my Anti-Lock Light comes on..

Last edited by DroppedGS; 04-25-04 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-25-04, 08:23 AM
Bercasio
Pole Position

Default abs and trac light

For starters, check the physical condition of the battery (battery is warped? low volts?). People have a tendency to not look at the battery because it is in a enclosed area, and just as long as it starts and you have light, can listen to the radio etc. It gets overlooked, and how much constant volts are you actually getting? If its good enough for accessories in the car, the volts may not be good enough for the computer. Low voltage can create very false diagnosis, gettting to think in certain areas of the car may need maintanance giving you all these indicators of problems. Even when it is hooked up to the dealership's computer diagnosis system, it can fool that too!!! and they say, "well it will cost you $$$$, because the computer said so!" And they too will over look the battery. So start from there and hope for the best, otherwise go with the other previous suggestions. good luck!

Last edited by Darkside; 04-25-04 at 08:24 AM.
Old 04-25-04, 08:27 AM
DroppedGS
Driver

Default Re: abs and trac light

Originally posted by Darkside
For starters, check the physical condition of the battery (battery is warped? low volts?). People have a tendency to not look at the battery because it is in a enclosed area, and just as long as it starts and you have light, can listen to the radio etc. It gets overlooked, and how much constant volts are you actually getting? If its good enough for accessories in the car, the volts may not be good enough for the computer. Low voltage can create very false diagnosis, gettting to think in certain areas of the car may need maintanance giving you all these indicators of problems. Even when it is hooked up to the dealership's computer diagnosis system, it can fool that too!!! and they say, "well it will cost you $$$$, because the computer said so!" And they too will over look the battery. So start from there and hope for the best, otherwise go with the other previous suggestions. good luck!
I brought a Brand new battery last week. And its still on. What else could it be?

Thanks for the reply.