LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

A Thanks to all.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-04, 11:26 AM
damon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default A Thanks to all.

With numerous instances of help from info and people gathered here at the Forum , I now have my 94 LS 400 in really great operating condition.

I bought mine at a very good price at the time relative to other LS 400's I had seen on the market. I now believe that the seller had knowledge of some potentially expensive maintenance and decided the time was ideal to let it change hands. Our test ride revealed some warped rotors so that condition was obviously detected as I drove it before purchase.

I now know that at the time of purchase this car needed new motor mounts , the EGR Pipe replaced , and that the fuel gauge was about to completely give up the ghost. It still moved when I bought the car , but would not go "full" as I would soon learn. Can't be certain how much of this the seller new.

At a dealership these repairs could easily run into the $2500 range. Thanks to the forum I was able to fix all of the above problems in the $850 range. Car was in a very driveable condition this entire time and in fact amassed more than 45,000 miles as I worked my way down the list.

Brakes around $350.00
Motor Mounts: $350.00 w labor ( Thanks Carson Lexus for affordable parts! )
Egr Pipe: $116.00 and my labor ( Thanks for the invaluable info Sooner!)
Fuel Gauge $00.67 in parts $75 Labor ( Wish I could solder little micro-parts!) This is Capacitor C142 on your circuit board ( Thanks for your EE skills pwgtang)

I still have some routine maintenace to tackle, but I think that I am past the surprises. The ride this car produces now at 153,375 is amazing.

I am grateful , now how can I become a paying member here? I have already gotten my moneys worth!!

Thanks, Damon

And BTW, I am by no means upset with either my purchase or the seller.

Last edited by damon; 03-30-04 at 11:40 AM.