LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

Crashed my LS400

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-03, 10:41 AM
chincster
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Crashed my LS400

Story goes like this....

Yesterday, I got into a car accident and got hit on the driver side. The entire driver side is damaged. My '93 that I've babied for over 3 years is no longer be. Trying to get quotes on repair. Don't have insurance to cover this. If it wasn't for the structure of the lex, I would probably be dead! Side impact beams are a life saver. Will show pic on damage in future tread. (it's a heartbreaker).
If anybody knows of a good body shop in the Toronto, ON area, please let me know! Also, any ideas on where to get used body parts for my LS400 would be greatly appreciated! To all forum readers, please a help a fellow LS400.

cHiNcStEr
'93 LS400 - damaged
18" ALT 150 wheels with 255/45/18R and 245/40/18F
Alpine deck, speakers, subwoofer; fully custom audio
Autopage RS-750LCD Alarm
red/clear tail lights
clear bumper lights
Trenz front grille
Injen air intake
35% window tint
Eibach and Tokico suspension setup
Front cross-drilled brake disc with Akebono ProAct ceramic pads
Old 11-20-03, 11:21 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car, hope you came out without injury?

This was one reason why I chose the LS, it is a car that will protect.

I saw a newish BMW 5 series get T-boned by a Honda Accord at about 35 MPH. The BMW had a crushed door and broken front suspension. (The glass didn't even break.) The door panel on the BMW looked fine except for the side air bag having been deployed. No intrusion at all. As the BMW went through the intersection didn't get pushed from it's line. I was amazed. It was like seeing a car being driven into a solid object.
Old 11-20-03, 12:42 PM
Strida
Rookie

Unhappy

Sorry to hear that, glad your okay.

Check out http://showcars-bodyparts.com or call junkyards around Toromto. Good luck to you.
Old 11-21-03, 09:26 PM
C-Train
Lead Lap

Unhappy

sorry to hear of that. i wrecked mine about 1.5 months ago. it hurt then, and it still hurts now
Old 11-22-03, 10:34 PM
GR8TSCOT
Driver School Candidate

Re a good body shop in Toronto:

Since this is your baby, I assume that quality is more than just a passing concern. There are tons of cheap body shops out there, and you would be disappointed.

I have dealt with Nick's Auto Body on Dovercourt, just south of Dupont for the past three years (recommended by my garage). Very high on repair and paint quality, and especially good on customer service. Just don't expect excellence for peanuts!

They repainted the left side of my '99 LS400 last fall, after it was keyed :-(. The job is perfect, and you cannot tell that it's been repainted. I also had them work on my smoke silver S2000 a couple of years ago (major door ding). The paint match was absolutely perfect, very tough to do with silver cars.

By the way, the owner (Sam Saccoia) drives a '93 SC400!
Old 11-24-03, 01:44 PM
chincster
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the advice!

You're right, I'm looking for a perfect repair. As of now, I will continue my search but your recommendation is definitely appreciated. Also, I'm gonna wait on the repairs since $$$ is not currently available. I'm so sad about this whole ordeal. I wonder if a counselling group exists for Lexus owners in these predicaments.

P.S. I believe I've seen your LS around town. Your license plate is easy to recognize. I used to go toDe La Salle College up on Avenue Rd + St. Clair so that area is familiar to me. Are u anywhere near there?

Thanks for your advice!

Originally posted by GR8TSCOT
Re a good body shop in Toronto:

Since this is your baby, I assume that quality is more than just a passing concern. There are tons of cheap body shops out there, and you would be disappointed.

I have dealt with Nick's Auto Body on Dovercourt, just south of Dupont for the past three years (recommended by my garage). Very high on repair and paint quality, and especially good on customer service. Just don't expect excellence for peanuts!

They repainted the left side of my '99 LS400 last fall, after it was keyed :-(. The job is perfect, and you cannot tell that it's been repainted. I also had them work on my smoke silver S2000 a couple of years ago (major door ding). The paint match was absolutely perfect, very tough to do with silver cars.

By the way, the owner (Sam Saccoia) drives a '93 SC400!
Old 11-24-03, 02:00 PM
GR8TSCOT
Driver School Candidate

I have PM'ed you with a response.