LS - 1st and 2nd Gen (1990-2000) Discussion topics related to the 1990 - 2000 Lexus LS400

whats in the Platinum?

Old 11-13-03, 05:23 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default whats in the Platinum?

I've got my eye on a 2000 platinum ls400. My question is this:

Can you get the Nakamichi system AND the navigation system at the same time, or is it one or the other. I definitely want the Nakamichi, but I heard that you cannot get the Nakamichi system if the car has the navigation system. Is this true?

What else does the Platinum come with?
Old 11-13-03, 10:58 PM
Strida
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why dont you just check the car out and see for your self ? Ask the owner while your at it

Okay here are some of the links:

Standard features 2000 LS400
Optional equipment 2000 LS400
Old 11-14-03, 01:28 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

car is on ebay, I just thought I could get a quick and accurate answer here in the forum.
Old 11-14-03, 06:12 PM
LexFather

I know diff colors and diff wheels. Not sure of the inside.
Old 11-14-03, 06:14 PM
LexFather

February 9, 2000

Lexus And American Express Introduce Platinum Series Luxury Vehicles At The Chicago Auto Show

February 9, 2000, Torrance, Calif. - Luxury customers are drawn to Lexus and American Express for many of the same reasons - quality, prestige, outstanding service and dependability. Now these buyers can have the best of both companies with the new Lexus Platinum Series models. Beginning in mid-February, qualified customers who purchase a Platinum Series LS 400, GS 400, GS 300 or ES 300 also will receive an American Express Platinum Card, compliments of Lexus, for two years (a $600 value).

The value-priced Platinum Series vehicles feature special exterior colors, elegantly enhanced interior features, distinctive wheels and Platinum Series badges on the sides of each car. Additionally, numerous popular factory options, including an in-dash, six-disc CD autochanger and a power tilt-and-slide moonroof, are included. The Platinum Series vehicles will be on display for the first time at the Chicago Auto Show, February 11-20, 2000.

With the American Express Platinum Card, members can receive more than $7,000 worth of services annually, including complimentary international companion tickets on member airlines with the purchase of a first- or business-class ticket, upgrades at many hotels, resorts and spas, free access to participating airport clubs, free membership in premium-tier car rental programs and unparalleled emergency assistance.

"This is a natural partnership because research shows that 65 percent of Lexus customers also have some type of American Express Card," said Lexus Group Vice President and General Manager Bryan Bergsteinsson. "Now we're offering customers the opportunity to experience more luxuries in life at an exceptional value."

While American Express is an innovator in co-marketing, this is the first time it has tied in with an automaker in the United States.

"This is a great opportunity to reach sophisticated customers who haven't yet experienced the special amenities and services the Platinum Card brings," said James P. Bush, senior vice president, Consumer Card Services Group at American Express. "Our pairing with Lexus represents the alliance of two great brands, but more importantly, an outstanding set of values and lifestyle benefits for our mutual customers."

Manufacturer Suggested Retail Prices for the Platinum Series vehicles are:

LS 400 premium luxury sedan $55,969
GS 400 sport luxury sedan $49,894
GS 300 sport luxury sedan $42,344
ES 300 affordable luxury sedan $34,924
Lexus, the luxury vehicle division of Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., has 185 dealers throughout the United States. Since it was introduced in 1989, Lexus has become a top-selling luxury nameplate with a reputation for providing the best in vehicle quality, service and customer satisfaction. For more information, please visit the Lexus news media web site at http://pressroom.lexus.com.

American Express Company is a diversified worldwide travel and financial services company founded in 1850. It is a leader in charge and credit cards, Travelers Cheques, travel, financial planning, investment products, insurance and international banking. For more information about American Express cards and services, visit the company's worldwide web site at http://www.americanexpress.com.