Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

D-Speeds just arrived woohooo

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-03, 11:55 AM
sc4canada
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking D-Speeds just arrived woohooo

I'm not gonna bother saying what they are since everyone knows and if u don't know do a search on clear corners or D-speed. They came in today and they look solid also today the LED amber 4-bulb pair came which are white untill they turn on. The clear corners came with 2 amber bulbs, which was a surprise cause on the site it didn't say anything about including bulbs so that's why i ordered the LEDs..... Sorry i''m blabbing on and on about something that's been discussed a gazillion times but i can't wait till i install them (maybe tom.)

I have one question though that either i missed while i was searching or wasn't even discussed..... Do the LEDs last longer than normal amber bulbs????
Old 09-10-03, 12:14 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: D-Speeds just arrived woohooo

Originally posted by sc4canada
I'm not gonna bother saying what they are since everyone knows and if u don't know do a search on clear corners or D-speed. They came in today and they look solid also today the LED amber 4-bulb pair came which are white untill they turn on. The clear corners came with 2 amber bulbs, which was a surprise cause on the site it didn't say anything about including bulbs so that's why i ordered the LEDs..... Sorry i''m blabbing on and on about something that's been discussed a gazillion times but i can't wait till i install them (maybe tom.)

I have one question though that either i missed while i was searching or wasn't even discussed..... Do the LEDs last much longer than normal amber bulbs????
Generally speaking an LED lasts much longer and is much more efficient than a standard bulb.

Chris
Old 09-10-03, 12:31 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats...
Old 09-10-03, 12:42 PM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes congrats, now let's see some pictures.....
Old 09-10-03, 01:08 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

The LEDs will outlast the regular bulbs AS LONG as they are made with good quality materials.. I have had 194 LED bulbs burned out within a week, most of the times because of poor quality resistors/materials.... I did noticed the ones that kept on burning were pure white in color, I bought a set of blue ones from the same company/seller and they are still fine, so you might not have a problem with your amber ones..
Old 09-10-03, 01:30 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Send them to me for testing
Old 09-10-03, 01:44 PM
Carbon J
Lead Lap

Lightbulb

I have those Dspeeds and I like them, but the bulbs that came with them aren't really amber. More like a white yellow, I just replaced them with true amber bulbs from my local auto parts supplier and now 'I love them".
Attached Thumbnails D-Speeds just arrived woohooo-c3.jpg  
Old 09-10-03, 04:06 PM
sc4canada
Lead Lap

Post update!!!!!!!! good news and bad news

They are on and they look sweet.. I couldn't wait till tomorow i wouldn't be able to sleep knowing they are just sitting there on my desk... so I put them on took a while for one of the old lights to come off but we managed......... This forum rocks ..... but now on to bad, borderline horrible news

As i was going into the parking lot across my friends house so we can do the other side, another car suddenly appeared coming out so i had enough room to turn right and avoid it but as i was on an incline and didn't notice one of those parking lot cement blocks and i went over it. result: lip scrapped and bent alittle towards the right, the metal thing that hangs under the door and quarter panels it also exteends to the underbody bent and scrapped eye level it doesn't look THAT bad but when u go really low or farther you really see the damage .

QUESTION: does that thing come off in order to be fixed and repainted (I hope you guys know what I'm talking about if not i'll borrow someone's pic from the gallery or something and circle it), or will the dealership (where i always take it for body work) will tell me something stupid like the whole underbody or the panels need to come off to fix, in order to screw me?

that kept me from fully enjoying my D-speeds cause all i think about is how the dealership is gonna screw me . Anyways guys thanx alot I remember a year ago as I was thinking "damn there's got to be a way to dress this car up", and now I see there's alot more choices than I have money to get. YOU GUYS AND GIRLS ARE AWSOME.

Nick
Old 09-10-03, 04:12 PM
sc4canada
Lead Lap

check my update
Old 09-10-03, 05:55 PM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

The one problem with LEDs is that they are direct focus. Sure the cover helps distribute it a little but not as well as halogens. The halogen bulbs will have a full and wide beam that will fill the entire clear corner better. This is the main reason I stuck with halogens instead of LEDS. Besides, replacing halogens at your local Auto Zone is $2. In addition, the lights don't go off immediately after you turn them off because they are low voltage LEDs.
Old 09-10-03, 07:19 PM
sc4canada
Lead Lap

siniquezu.. i didn't exactly notice if they had turned off right away or not and you're right about the fact that halogens fill up the housing better i noticed but I like the sharpness of the light. Ah well as long as cops don't bug me I'm happy. I'm stressing over that body disaster.

Nick