Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Want to see how 6000k's light up "everything" at night (Another VIDEO)?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-03, 03:21 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys.....I forgot to adjust my lights. Its about 1 am now and Ive been glued/sleepin in front of the TV since I got home. I gotta get up for work in 4 hrs....its been a long and busy day. I will definitely attempt to adjust my horizontal beam pattern tomorrow.

In regards to the yellow fogs....WOW .... I didn't know they cost that much a piece. I guess I'm kinda lucky cuz I can always swap mines with my mother's car and I KNOW she wouldn't even notice a thing. Only prob is that how do I distract her. LOL!!

She owns a 2K GS3 Platinum Ed. with OEM HID w/ yellow fogs, I own a 2K1 GS3 w/ clear fogs.

Pete
Old 03-20-03, 08:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by PHML
Hey guys.....I forgot to adjust my lights. Its about 1 am now and Ive been glued/sleepin in front of the TV since I got home. I gotta get up for work in 4 hrs....its been a long and busy day. I will definitely attempt to adjust my horizontal beam pattern tomorrow.

In regards to the yellow fogs....WOW .... I didn't know they cost that much a piece. I guess I'm kinda lucky cuz I can always swap mines with my mother's car and I KNOW she wouldn't even notice a thing. Only prob is that how do I distract her. LOL!!

She owns a 2K GS3 Platinum Ed. with OEM HID w/ yellow fogs, I own a 2K1 GS3 w/ clear fogs.

Pete
HAHHA, come to think about it, you might be able to do it at any shopping mall. just shop around for a GS at night that has hid. and then have your friend looking out for you....

ok, it's just a JOKE
Old 03-20-03, 09:27 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally posted by rominl
HAHHA, come to think about it, you might be able to do it at any shopping mall. just shop around for a GS at night that has hid. and then have your friend looking out for you....

ok, it's just a JOKE
Hey thief (I mean Rominl) hee hee hee....Im glad that was a joke!!!!! LOL!!!
Old 03-20-03, 02:28 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by rominl

ok, it's just a JOKE
Haha! Sounds like a good idea! LOL jk

Actually, my friend's mom has a GS w/ yellow fogs and she doesn't even know the diff. So -- I've been talking to my friend and he said that we might be able to switch I won't hold my breathe on it, but that would be nice

Or ... you can just give me yours Henry!
Old 03-20-03, 09:24 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

man lucky u rominl i've posted another thread offering a trade + 100dollars and havent recieved a reply yet but hopefully someone will
Old 03-20-03, 09:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

okok, don't make this thread more illegal than it is already
Old 03-20-03, 11:50 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

OK guys.....I finally adjusted my horizontal beams. Here's what I found out:

Bolt #1: Adjust low-beam headlight vertically. Turn counter-clockwise to move beam upward, clockwise to move beam downward. Applies to both pass and driver side.

Bolt #2: Adjust wedge / high beam / DRL lights vertically. Turn counter-clockwise to move beam upward, clockwise to move beam downward. Applies to both pass and driver side.

Bolt #3: Adjust ALL lights horizontally. Turn counter-clockwise to move outward, clockwise to move beam inward to the center of the car. Applies to both pass and driver side.

I'm not gonna post the pic again, so for reference, go back to page 1 on this thread.

Note that the manual says something to the fact that adjusting the vertical position may also alter the horizontal slightly. I didnt notice that at all.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 03-20-03 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-21-03, 12:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

that's awesome man, now we know what we have for our cars
Old 03-21-03, 06:09 AM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Wow! That's great PHML!

I tried but I noticed that the regular small wrench can't reach in there. I guess I'm going to have to use a socket wrench to get behind the frame and twist it.
Old 03-21-03, 09:44 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Oh...btw guys....I used a philips (+) screwdriver....a socket and ratchet would be too cumbersome to get behind there.....so when I mean couterclockwise, i mean putting the screwdriver into the grooves (teeths) from above (looking directly down) and turning the screwdriver counterclockwise.

Just wanna clarify this more.