Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Has anyone replaced their fogs with HID's?

Old 03-08-03, 05:32 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Has anyone replaced their fogs with HID's?

Has anyone done this mod on their GS? Replaced your fog lights with real HID's?

I am interested in doing such a conversion and want to know if anyone here has done something like that. I did a search on related terms but did not come up with anything meaningful.
Old 03-08-03, 06:34 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you talking about converting the stock fog to HID? I have explosion body kit and I install a set of Raybrig HID fog. They are very very bright.... If you are talking about stock fog conversion, I believe its not hard at all because stock fog is running on 9006 which is the most popular bulb for HID conversion.
Old 03-08-03, 09:37 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone replaced their fogs with HID's?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hameed
Has anyone done this mod on their GS? Replaced your fog lights with real HID's?

I am interested in doing such a conversion and want to know if anyone here has done something like that. I did a search on related terms but did not come up with anything meaningful.
[/QUOT]

i recently put hid's in both my head lamps and fog lamps. not difficult 2 do.
Old 03-09-03, 06:07 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by GSXOTIC
Are you talking about converting the stock fog to HID? I have explosion body kit and I install a set of Raybrig HID fog. They are very very bright.... If you are talking about stock fog conversion, I believe its not hard at all because stock fog is running on 9006 which is the most popular bulb for HID conversion.
Where can I get the HID (and I am talking about a real HID kit, not some blue lookalike) kit to replace the stock fogs on my GS? Some place online I can buy it from?

Last edited by Hameed; 03-09-03 at 06:18 AM.
Old 03-09-03, 10:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

email jason at discountcycle@ureach.com and tell him henry refers you. you need the 9006 hid kit
Old 03-10-03, 04:55 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by rominl
email jason at discountcycle@ureach.com and tell him henry refers you. you need the 9006 hid kit
Thanks Henry! I just sent Jason an email! Will let you know how it goes.

I did a search on "9006 HID kit" on google and this is one of the links that came up http://www.autodirectsave.com/naxos_hid_kit.asp

and another http://www.eautoworks.com/html/ORD-1-1-1-7027.cfm

I will wait to hear from Jason before I purchase anything as I don't know who to trust (regarding links above).

It seems to be an expensive upgrade. I would really like to see pics of someones car who has done this conversion.

Bluelex and GSXOTIC, can you please post pics of your cars with the HID fogs on so that I can see how they look in comparison to the HID headlights?

Thanks!

Last edited by Hameed; 03-10-03 at 05:16 AM.
Old 03-15-03, 08:39 PM
mcgyver24
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb HID foglights

I did it last month. They are great. I used philips balast and bulbs. It took me about 1 hour to do. The bulbs fit perfect, very little mods. Very bright!!! Hope this helps-Mcgyver24
Old 03-15-03, 10:56 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
Where can I get the HID (and I am talking about a real HID kit, not some blue lookalike) kit to replace the stock fogs on my GS? Some place online I can buy it from?
Yo Hameed:

Go to page 2, 3, and 4 of this link for pic of jason's kit. I just installed it 2 nights ago. BrendanLim just installed it this morning....i believe he posted a video.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=2

I recommend Jason at Discountcycle too. No problems at all....awesome 6000K kit . You won't regret it. Its well worth the money. Make sure to let him know you need the 9006.

Pete
Old 03-16-03, 12:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

i didn't really praise jason THAT much back then coz' i was the only guy who had the kit, and he was on back order. most people got it for much higher price either from autolamps or suvlights. i guess we have another good source now
Old 03-16-03, 03:18 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Hi Pete,

I contacted Jason but his reply was not very encouraging
"Hi Hameed,

Unfortunately I do not carry H3 HID kits at the moment. I get very few requests for this application and will not be receiving this bulb application for another month or so.

Most HID kit installations are fairly simple and straightforward, however, the fog light bulbs may be harder to switch out due to their location. If you have performed the low beam HID conversion, converting fog lights to HID's shouldn't be too difficult.

Thanks for your inquiry.
"
I guess I will be buying them from autolamps-online.com .

I would still love to see pictures of the fog lights (converted to real HID's) on any CL member's car ...............

Come on, anyone out there that can post some pics?

Originally posted by PHML
Yo Hameed:

Go to page 2, 3, and 4 of this link for pic of jason's kit. I just installed it 2 nights ago. BrendanLim just installed it this morning....i believe he posted a video.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&pagenumber=2

I recommend Jason at Discountcycle too. No problems at all....awesome 6000K kit . You won't regret it. Its well worth the money. Make sure to let him know you need the 9006.

Pete

Last edited by Hameed; 03-16-03 at 03:19 AM.
Old 03-16-03, 10:19 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

question, why do you need h3 for your fogs? the fogs on gs is also 9006, same as non-hid headlight. yes it's harder to wire coz you need to take off bumper and you need to make a bit trip for the red wire
Old 03-16-03, 11:49 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Don't put HID in a h3 housing it won't work. and thats why barely anyone makes a kit for H3. The filament on H3 bulb is perpedicular to the bulb so when the filament lights up the light shoots out to the front of the housing onto the road.

but on all other halogen bulb the filament is parallel to the bulb so when the filament lights up it shoots to the side of the bulb just like a real hid bulb would. so the housing can control the light much better.

this is what an h3 bulb looks like
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone replaced their fogs with HID's?-99.gif  
Old 03-16-03, 11:49 AM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

and this is what a 9006 bulb looks like, notice the filament position
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone replaced their fogs with HID's?-9006-hb4.gif  
Old 03-16-03, 11:56 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

don't know why the guy mentioned h3, mayb cus most fog lamps r h3 but 2nd gen. gs is 9006 like the headlights. here is my car hid's heads ans fogs , the pics aren't too great but you'll get the idea.
Old 03-16-03, 12:00 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

oops forgot the pics, sorry
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone replaced their fogs with HID's?-hid-s-008a.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone replaced their fogs with HID's?