Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Anyone using LED parking light bulbs? What Size?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-13, 04:34 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Anyone using LED parking light bulbs? What Size?

Hi,
I replaced my lovely Halo Projector aftermarket headlights with stock headlights today.
I had 55w HID's installed today and they work as do my turn signals.
There is one missing bulb in the housing, I assume it is the "parking light".
I am trying to replace those bulbs but run into several bulbs listed. Is it a 1157A or 168? I have seen both listed.
Does anyone know of an LED that they know works well for sure? Are they brighter/better.
Would it look better with the new HID low beams?
Old 03-27-13, 05:06 PM
crenfro
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im pretty sure theyre the 1157's. As for LED's, look on the sponsors boards for the best deals. I would recommend xenondepot or superbrightled's. Make sure you get some high quality ones and try to stay away from eBay
Old 03-27-13, 05:16 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "city" light is a 168. I got my led's from eBay and they're extremely bright and work great. However, you will know better who you're buying from if you buy from a sponsor.
Old 03-27-13, 05:19 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by crenfro
Im pretty sure theyre the 1157's. As for LED's, look on the sponsors boards for the best deals. I would recommend xenondepot or superbrightled's. Make sure you get some high quality ones and try to stay away from eBay
Originally Posted by Jos
The "city" light is a 168. I got my led's from eBay and they're extremely bright and work great. However, you will know better who you're buying from if you buy from a sponsor.
Thanks for replying.
Now i'm double confused as to which bulb is correct 168 or 1157
Old 03-27-13, 05:34 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

If you are talking about the parking lights, the one in between the projector/low beam and signal lights, it uses either 168/194 AKA peanut bulbs.

I would suggest for you to contact Lexus' 1800 number, as a matter of fact, here's their number; 1-800-255-3987, just in case you feel froggy and create another thread for it. Call them up, register yourself and your car, and request for an owner manual, which is free of charge including the shipping. This'll be very very useful for you since most thread questions you create can be found in the owners manual. Good luck.
Old 03-27-13, 05:35 PM
crenfro
Driver

Lol I'm not even sure what the "city" lights are. Do you have an owners manual?

If you do it will tell you exactly what kind it is.
Old 03-27-13, 05:35 PM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think its the 168, the 1157 is the flashers?
Old 03-27-13, 05:38 PM
crenfro
Driver

Philip, any reason why I just looked in my owners manual and there's just a dash for what kind of bulb the parking lights are? I have a 92 if it makes a difference
Old 03-27-13, 05:48 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by crenfro
Philip, any reason why I just looked in my owners manual and there's just a dash for what kind of bulb the parking lights are? I have a 92 if it makes a difference
Under the column for "Type" it says E, at the next page "E" stands for wedge base bulbs, which is AKA peanut bulbs.
Old 03-27-13, 06:38 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Default Phillip..... Why the veiled hostility towards thread creation?

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
If you are talking about the parking lights, the one in between the projector/low beam and signal lights, it uses either 168/194 AKA peanut bulbs.

I would suggest for you to contact Lexus' 1800 number, as a matter of fact, here's their number; 1-800-255-3987, just in case you feel froggy and create another thread for it. Call them up, register yourself and your car, and request for an owner manual, which is free of charge including the shipping. This'll be very very useful for you since most thread questions you create can be found in the owners manual. Good luck.
Phillip,
I have always thought of you as a guy who has learned lots about our cars, lighting seemed to be a particular interest of yours and i hoped you might answer. Now that you have, I'm having trouble parsing the sarcasm from the helpful information. I have a manual and I have Lexus number, as does everyone else that poses a question on these forums.
What other threads about LED parking lights did I create when in this 'froggy" state you speak of?
What recent threads have been created by me that can be found in the manual?
Where does it refer to LED parking lights in the manual?
Google Sc400 parking lights LED and see how confusing it can be before offering sarcasm.
Why the veiled hostility towards thread creation?
And what is this silly picture got to do with LED parking lights?
I thought you were an alright dude LOL

Last edited by Studiogeek; 03-27-13 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-27-13, 07:45 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Hey, just because I told you what's up doesn't mean I'm giving you attitude. There's only so much that emoticons can do, and I happen to not use them when I'm replying through my iPhone. So here you go, so you won't think I was being sarcastic but just telling you that most thread questions you create can be found if searched.

Last edited by OG Dada; 03-27-13 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-27-13, 08:09 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Default Phillip, take a look at YOUR first four months of questions posed to this forum. Then

Hey, just because I told you what's up doesn't mean I'm giving you attitude. There's only so much that emoticons can do, and I happen to not use them when I'm replying through my iPhone. So here you go, so you won't think I was being sarcastic but just telling you that most thread questions you create can be found if searched.
You told me what you THINK "is up"........
Where is anything i asked in the manual or easily searchable? If I posted a question, It was because I searched, and needed further clarification from those with direct knowledge of the issue rather than a random interpretation on another thread. If I find MANY answers to a question, i like to run it by a human.
Do you realize that questions posed in a forum are not posed directly to you. If you do not judge them worthy of being asked, you can skip right by them without adding sarcasm or trying to make the person asking the question feel bad/stupid/lazy whatever you are after.

"So here you go, so you won't think I was being sarcastic but just telling you that most thread questions you create can be found if searched"

ALMOST EVERYTHING asked on this forum can be found if searched! You search, you find deeply conflicting info, you get more confused so you ask your fellow forum members..... Where does your exasperation fit in? i didn't ask you anything personally Phillip, If you think my questions are somehow unworthy, don't answer them.

Phillip, take a look at YOUR first four months of questions posed to this forum. Then re-read what you have posted to me.......... (i just did ;-)

You STILL have not listed the multitude of recent questions by me that are so easily searchable in the manual.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 03-27-13 at 08:24 PM.
Old 03-27-13, 08:22 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

You can either take what I said productively or negatively, that is all up to you. There was another guy in another thread, who was simply asking for a part number to what another guy used, and the guy being asked said, to search as for he himself searched for it hard enough, and he's not willing to spoon feed anybody else who haven't even tried searching yet. I guess what I'm saying is, this ain't kindergarten, A LOT of people do engine swaps or auto to manual conversions here by simply reading through other threads versus you trying to find a bulb size? I'm not saying that asking a question is bad or not allowed neither, but you're also gonna be the one to benefit from what I'm saying too in the future.
Old 03-27-13, 08:33 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

You can either take what I said productively or negatively, that is all up to you. There was another guy in another thread, who was simply asking for a part number to what another guy used, and the guy being asked said, to search as for he himself searched for it hard enough, and he's not willing to spoon feed anybody else who haven't even tried searching yet. I guess what I'm saying is, this ain't kindergarten, A LOT of people do engine swaps or auto to manual conversions here by simply reading through other threads versus you trying to find a bulb size? I'm not saying that asking a question is bad or not allowed neither, but you're also gonna be the one to benefit from what I'm saying too in the future.
I still don't get why my questions have to be judged by you. I am a pretty extreme researcher and this sometimes leads to more questions than answers if I am dealing with something i am new to. The main question was what LED parking light size has been used by someone successfully? I searched and found many variations and even some upgrades. I mentioned the normal bulb discrepancy in passing but i wanted opinions on LED choices. I still don't get how your attitude and sarcasm is justified. I never said a word to you..

Phillip..... re-read your own first 4 months of posts please. You may remember empathy.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 03-27-13 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-27-13, 08:42 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

I know exactly how my first few months was here in CL. And since you saw the threads, you should've read through them too. You would see people telling me to search too. I'll never forget what Kira X said on one of my threads, "SC's has been around for 20 years or so, most likely everything you wanna do or trying to fix on your SC has been done or answered already." Everything else you asked was subjective that's why I'm not speaking on it. Again, there's no attitude or sarcasm, I was pretty much straight forward in saying what I wanted to say.

The pic wasn't sarcasm, ever heard of memes? Contacting Lexus wasn't sarcasm nor attitude, it was pure heartedly a suggestion, cause I assume that you don't have an owners manual with such a simple question and being the car is 17 years old. Again, take it as you want it.

Quick Reply: Anyone using LED parking light bulbs? What Size?