Search this Thread

Old 12-30-12, 04:07 AM
robertoyou
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VLEDS back up license plate frame

has anyone bought one of these:

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/L...-p7516915.html

if you have is it any good? I been thinking bout buying one for quite a while now, but i never did cus i never really needed it. I now tinted my windows and have backed up into quite a few cars because I could just not see at all. All very minor hits, but still sucks!.

If you've bought one; are they nice and bright. And more importantly is it something we can replicate ourselves with some LED strips? Its near 50 bucks and I know LED strips can be bought for just a few bucks.
Old 12-30-12, 04:52 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,297 Posts

I bought one for my truck a year ago, but have never installed. Research when I did was mixed with some saying it was plenty bright and others wanting to put a single standalone hid in back.

I think the biggest pluses for this would be easy placement, instructions and waterproof wiring
Old 12-30-12, 03:53 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I bought one for my truck a year ago, but have never installed. Research when I did was mixed with some saying it was plenty bright and others wanting to put a single standalone hid in back.

I think the biggest pluses for this would be easy placement, instructions and waterproof wiring
would you be interested in selling it?

i wanted to see if i could make one myself out of LED strips, but i would need to know if the led son the license frame are brighter than an LED strip.
Old 12-30-12, 05:05 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I've never seen one of these before. It looks pretty bright in the picture compared to most LED strips. All of the strips I've seen on local cars weren't that bright unless they used multiple strips.

If Dave doesn't sell them to you, check Google for some V-led's coupons. Sometimes you can get 15% or 20% off coupons.
Old 12-30-12, 07:42 PM
DASMan
Rookie

Originally Posted by robertoyou
has anyone bought one of these:

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/L...-p7516915.html

if you have is it any good? I been thinking bout buying one for quite a while now, but i never did cus i never really needed it. I now tinted my windows and have backed up into quite a few cars because I could just not see at all. All very minor hits, but still sucks!.

If you've bought one; are they nice and bright. And more importantly is it something we can replicate ourselves with some LED strips? Its near 50 bucks and I know LED strips can be bought for just a few bucks.
Robertoyou, have you read the reviews on the V-LED site?!? I followed the link you provided and was about to buy one, then I decided to read the reviews. There were too many complaints about the yellowing of the lens and the peeling / blistering of the chrome. It gave me pause and I decided NOT to take the plunge.
Old 12-31-12, 08:08 AM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Its garbage. Yes it is bright but only for a while until half the leds die out. This product needs to be redesigned. When i had one thr chrome peeled off, the lense yellowed, and half the leds died. Imo the lights should be on the bottom completely sealed off from the elements. I buy a lot of v-leds products,, but i would stay away from this.
Old 12-31-12, 08:43 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

No I did not read the reviews. Lol idk why I did not think about that. Damn i was getting ready to buy one. I will take a look at them. Thanks for the heads up!

Damn that sucks to hear that its no good. I've bought quite a few vled products and they were all good and have continued to function perfect.i will have to double think this one. 50 is a lot plus I'm sure shipping adds another 10 or so.

Any ideas for replicating this??
Old 01-15-13, 10:13 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

please search before making posts next time......

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...s300-pics.html