Welcome to Club Lexus, the world's largest and most active online community of Lexus owners and enthusiasts.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Club Lexus community today (click here to register)!
1) They have a full-time Technical Support staff, that you can call either Pre-Sale or Post Sale. And they know their stuff, and are VERY HELPFUL.
2) DDMTuning strongly recommends the ANALOG - NOT "digital" ballasts - for Lexus LS460's. They clearly will tell you that you will have LONGER LIFE and FEWER PROBLEMS using the "analog" ballast. Analog Ballasts - as contrasted to "Digital" ballasts - are THICKER (ie, bulkier). DDMTuning calls these their RAPTOR Ballasts. You will have to speak to them (Tech support) for other Lexus models.
3) The bulbs vendors supply are NOT all equal in light/color emission. The bulbs supplied by DDMTuning will yield a STRONGER color palatte, especially noticeable if you do choose the 3000K "Amber" (Yellow) color. Far more DEEP GOLD. A VERY VERY APPEALING color choice !
4) DDMTuning gives you a Lifetime Warranty on BOTH Ballasts - AND - both Lamps/bulbs. No other company/supplier we investigated does this. They make this warranty very clear on their website.
5) In general, except for "cheap" units on Ebay (that offer NO WARRANTY and NO "live" support staff whatsoever), DDMTuning offers you probably the highest Quality kit for the lowest price.
By the way ......... Receipt of product after ordering does take a couple weeks. However, the wait is well worth this short time. If you research this company and its products, what you'll find is that there are about 20 or so SATISFIED C.L. members who have used them for every 1 person who says they had some sort of problem (generally an inconvenience).
Other than these 5 decisive POSITIVE DDMTuning reasons, I offer and have no opinion at all. LOL And of course, I should add I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company, and have not been compensated in any manner, financial or otherwise, for my statements contained herein. Whew ! The legalities are now done.
lol since when were they legit? the only thing i've heard positive from them is that if you're local they'll give you new bulbs WHEN your old ones die out after 9months-1year...
1. Black on Black 1999 LS400 PM-spec
-Maya-Megan-Magnaflow-LSportline-Xenondepot-Nitto-Duce-Platinum VIP-Figs Engineering-R1Concepts-
2. 1989 Toyota Supra white package
Current Status: -500 Internal System Error-
3. Black 2004 IS300 -Manaray-HKS-Eibach-
4. Ebony Teal 1995 LS400 11-8-06
I have bought HID kits from xenondepot and ddmtuning at about the same time 2.5 years ago.
The kit I got from xenondepot has bulbs with uneven lighting (one is white, the other one has a light yellow hue). There are days when the bulb with the yellow hue will just flicker and will not turn on.
The kit I got from DDMTuning has been flawless, easier to install and costs less than half of that from xenondepot. Last month, one of the bulb just went dead so I contacted them to get a replacement. Lo and behold, replacement is free, it has lifetime warranty, I didn't even have a receipt. They just looked up my name on their system and the nice lady handed me a new bulb after checking and making sure the old one is busted. Having this kind of warranty and customer service means that DDMTuning stands behind their products.
DDM stuff is decent but from what i heard now is that if your not local and ordering a kit from them it takes forever to get to your house now. i believe if you order a kit from them it comes straight from China. I never had problems with them but some of my friends waited over a month just to receive a kit just because they are so popular on demand. But overall their stuff works and is decently priced. Had my hid fogs for 2 years now and haven't had a problem with them.
if your local, it the best. the reason there customer service can sometimes lag is cause they are busy. i have walked in and had to wait up to 30-45 min case there was 5-7 people in front of me. but v=leds carries a better selection, but it is abot 2x as much on the average.
and i have bought about 12 kits and 40 led's with only 1 bulb had an issue, drove over and swapped it out no questions asked.
Originally Posted by Coco-bun
speedaddic, we really need to start a fisher-price my first vip kit
I had a pretty good experience with them when I had a ballast on my 4runner wouldn't not stay on. Sent them my ballast and they tested and confirmed the problem and sent me a new ballast and bulb ( yes i made not of the serial numbers of both ballast). I've had them in my 4runner ( 55watt 4300k kit) for over 2 years with no problem whatsoever. And I had heard plenty of other bad things from them on a a few other forums (ttora and t4r.org) but i had no problems at all.
Cant really tell but the headlights are the 55watt 4300k DDM hits
The spots are also hits and the big one is a rigid