Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Lexus IS 250 projector fog light retrofit help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 11:26 AM
Egeiger
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus IS 250 projector fog light retrofit help.

hey everyone I'm about to do a projector retro fit and described in the post here https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...fogs-pics.html but am curious if anyone else that has done it can add any more info.

i think I've got everything figured out except one thing. one the projector is mounted and the screws are set and everything is straight and secure, HOW DO YOU MOUNT THE CIRCLE CHROME LOOKING SHROUD??

JB-WELD?
SUPERGLUE?
if it comes with the projector does it snap into place??

Tchan1 used the ace hardware flange i believe and I'm not sure what E ELY used as it wasn't listed. possibly a stock one from another vehicle?

unless the bosch mini H3's i ordered come with some type of shroud I'm gonna use the ACE hardware ones like Tchan1 did.

I've asked both of them in PM's how they mounted it but there was some confusion on which art i was speaking of and i want able to attach pictures in my PM's (maybe because I'm still considered a newb clublexus?)

anyway i made this post to hopefully get more insight from others and also so i can post the exact part I'm curious about

here is the pictures of the piece I'm speaking of thanks
Attached Thumbnails Lexus IS 250 projector fog light retrofit help.-fog028.jpg   Lexus IS 250 projector fog light retrofit help.-fog030.jpg   Lexus IS 250 projector fog light retrofit help.-fog031.jpg   Lexus IS 250 projector fog light retrofit help.-img_1740.jpg  
Old 12-14-11, 11:32 AM
Egeiger
Driver

im also sending a link to this post to Tchan1 and E ELY so that they can hopefully chime in with more detail on this step.
Old 12-14-11, 11:57 AM
ELL Y
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Egeiger, I got your pms

I used the same bright circular plumbing flange for my retrofit. It looks clean, is chrome, and though not the best looking shroud, was acceptable given my budget.

It serves only a cosmetic function. In retrospect, I should have probably gone with a more expensive custom built shroud that looked better, but back when I did this mod, I was a poor college student!

Keep in mind though, that if you do not use any shroud, you will see the ugliness of the projector in all its glory from the sides.
Old 12-14-11, 01:01 PM
Egeiger
Driver

Thanks for the info.

i can't even find any 1.5" shrouds online.

anyone got any ideas where to get some?? i emailed the retrofit source but they don't carry anything that small.

Thanks
Old 12-14-11, 03:07 PM
Tchan1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The flange is the only way to go and it is a lot cheaper and easier to deal with. Like what ELL Y said, it's all cosmetic so that only the lenses of the projectors would show and not the whole projector.