Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Review of new XenonDepot Xtreme 5000K HID bulbs on 2IS and CL-only discount code

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-12, 07:13 PM
LB23
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve!

Bad news, one of the bulbs is already failing, and as you can see by the date of the posts I`ve made in this thread, bulbs barely have 9 months and some days!

What can you do ?

Let me know ASAP, thanks.
Old 09-17-12, 06:10 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Good news is your bulbs come with a warranty. As a first step I would suggest swapping the bulbs left to right to see if the bulb is actually the culprit. Please send me a PM with your order number and what you find to be the issue so that I can get this rectified for you.

Steve
Old 09-17-12, 11:52 AM
LB23
Driver

..............PM sent.
Old 09-17-12, 10:48 PM
dtd80
Rookie

I can vouch for xenondepot. I had a bulb prematurely fail in my other vehicle and they sent me a new bulb! I have also had other setups from them that lasted over 4 years(hid kit). Great company to deal with and great product overall. I recently purchased their 5k bulbs for my GS and it's exactly what i was looking for.
Old 09-18-12, 09:21 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

LB23: Thanks! Will check momentarily!

dtd80: Thanks for posting up some feedback =) I appreciate your repeat business.

Steve
Old 09-18-12, 05:30 PM
Blacknot
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking to upgrade my fog and low beams on my 06 Gs430. Am i able to buy just the bulbs or do i need to upgrade to the full HID kit? Also what is the advantage of the more expensive kit over the Volt kit?
Old 09-19-12, 02:43 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Blacknot:

As per your questions:

1) Your GS come with OEM D4S HID bulbs in the low beams. In order to change the color temperature in your headlights you would just need to purchase new D4S HID bulbs and change out the bulbs only.

2) Your vehicle uses 9006 bulbs for the fog lights. What do you mean by "looking to upgrade my fogs?" Are you looking to match your fog lights to your low beams so that they match in color? Are you looking to increase the light output from your fogs? Are you simply trying to get a little white color out of your fogs? You can either upgrade your fog lights by replacing the stock bulbs with performance 9006 halogen bulbs or you can upgrade your fog lights with an HID kit. It simply depends on what you are looking to achieve.

Steve
Old 09-19-12, 03:16 PM
Blacknot
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the the response. I'm looking to increase my light output of the fogs so sounds like I need an Hid kit and I will purchase the bulbs in 6000k for my low beams. Also how can I make my DRL bulbs brighter? I want to order everything at once. Thanks
Old 09-19-12, 05:23 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hi,

Your best bet for DRL is to go with a performance halogen bulb. There is no point in going with LED bulbs as they will provide no useable light output and an HID kit will not be very functional given that they have a warm up period. A very popular seller is the 9005 Osram Night Breaker plus bulb.

Steve
Old 11-27-12, 10:20 AM
jasonart
Rookie

I have an HID going out on the driver's side in my 2007 IS 250 as it is going out periodically, very low light output etc. Right side is strong and bright.

After reading this board and seeing the great DIY with pictures, I just purchased two D4S 5000K from KB Carstuff.com . I will try post a response when I get them installed and maybe again when I have driven with them for a few miles.

One question I have is . . . does everyone have a definite shadow sequence from the driver's side bulb? I understand the need to reduce the light for on coming traffic so it is not blinding but mine seems to be very deliberate where it looks like a stairway of light. The dark shadow is very definite on the driver's side where it almost seems to be a defect with the lack of light on the road in front of my own car. My wife has an 2008 Acura MDX with HID's and hers is not like this. Her lights are uniform in front of her truck like my halogen lights on our Toyota Corolla.

I am hoping this shadow issue is because the bulb is failing but my concern is that a new bulb will be brighter and stronger and therefore make the shadow even more defining.

Any thoughts?

Have a great day!
Jason

Last edited by jasonart; 11-27-12 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-27-12, 11:14 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hey Jason,

Do you currently have the OEM D4S bulbs installed?
Steve
Old 11-27-12, 05:29 PM
jasonart
Rookie

Hi Steve,

I am not sure what is installed, I just bought the car about a month ago. I can reply as soon as I take them out (when I get the new ones and ready to install them).

Thanks,
Jason
Old 11-28-12, 08:35 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Sounds good Jason. I look forward to your feedback =)

Steve
Old 11-29-12, 06:58 PM
jasonart
Rookie

Default Removed HID lights

Hi Steve,

I removed the HID lights from my 2007 IS 250. Not too bad of a job thanks to the great DIY and pictures! I was very careful and did not touch the bulbs except for at the base.

Looks like I have OEM (or at least bulbs that look like they are OEM) - Phillips/Germany, D4S Xenco, E4.

When I look at the bulbs, it appears that the right (passenger) side is clear (very little fog in the bulb) - this light is working fine in my car. The pictures are reverse, the left bulb is the passenger side and right bulb is the drivers side (failing, randomly turning off) and appears to have fog in the glass.

The left (drivers) side is the bulb that is going off and on and also has the shadow (stair like effect) and does not seem to be providing adequate light in front of my car. I am wondering if the bulb going bad causes it to fog in the glass and the fog is causing the shadow. The bulb in the passenger side does not have the shadow effect and does not have very much fog in it.

I really hope the new bulbs are clean and clear and provide excellent light without the shadow and of course, without the randomly turning off feature. They should arrive tomorrow and I will get to work installing them and going for a drive.

Thanks,
Jason
Attached Thumbnails Review of new XenonDepot Xtreme 5000K HID bulbs on 2IS and CL-only discount code-d4s-5.jpg   Review of new XenonDepot Xtreme 5000K HID bulbs on 2IS and CL-only discount code-d4s-1.jpg   Review of new XenonDepot Xtreme 5000K HID bulbs on 2IS and CL-only discount code-d4s-2.jpg   Review of new XenonDepot Xtreme 5000K HID bulbs on 2IS and CL-only discount code-d4s-7.jpg   Review of new XenonDepot Xtreme 5000K HID bulbs on 2IS and CL-only discount code-d4s-4.jpg  

Last edited by jasonart; 11-29-12 at 07:33 PM. Reason: minor update to explain the pictures
Old 11-30-12, 07:52 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the response!! Those are definitely the OE bulbs. Let me know what you think about the new D4 bulbs when you get them =) FYI... slight clouding is normal with HID bulbs.

Steve

Quick Reply: Review of new XenonDepot Xtreme 5000K HID bulbs on 2IS and CL-only discount code