Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

07 IS250 headlight issues

Old 01-12-13, 09:43 AM
BDut1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with the right headlight switching off. Changed the bulb and problem still exist. along with only happening on the right side, this also happens when lights are set to "on" instead of "automatic" which tells me its probably not a bad outside brightness sensor. Seems to be getting worse over time. Assuming the bulb is fine and sensor is okay, the next logical explanation to me is loose wiring which may be tripping an "off" circuit in the ECU or a bad circuit in the ECU all together.
Old 01-20-13, 07:36 AM
Carter7882
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Adam350is
wow... in my 2007 is350 driver's side headlight i have the same issue!!! my passenger headlight is fine. and i just dropped the bumper and replaced the ballast. its still reoccurring. i should have switched the bulbs when i had the bumper off. but, i will get new phillips ultion d4s 6000k in a few days, and drop the bumper and headlights and repeat lol. i'll let you guys know if it solves the problem. i really hope it does!
Same car same problem!!! What solved your problem?
Old 01-24-13, 04:10 PM
PeekRepeat
Driver School Candidate

I had the same issue before and just changed my bulbs out and they have been fine ever since.
Old 01-30-13, 12:31 AM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

im currently having this issue as well. the bulbs were changed out when the i bought the car back in December to brand new bulbs, yet im still gettin this. sometimes it might not do the entire trip, sometimes it will do it 2-4 times in one trip..

very annoying
Old 01-15-14, 09:17 AM
1BadTitan
Rookie

I reay hate to bring this old thread back to life.... BUT, I'm having this issue also. I'm on my 3rd set of bulbs. I'm about to buy aftermarket ballasts, and an HID harness, trigger them from the driver side "light on" wire. Before I go through all this, has anyone found a fix for this?
Old 01-22-14, 01:36 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Best thing to do is swap components left to right to try and isolate the issue. If you do change your bulbs, make sure to purchase quality D4S HID bulbs from a reliable company as the marked is flooded with low grade bulbs that will not work properly - BEWARE OF FAKE PHILIPS.

Steve
Old 01-23-14, 09:12 PM
tiamaria
Driver School Candidate

I'm having similar issues and just replaced the headlights and they seemed to work for a few weeks and then the problem started again. They were Philips D4S bulbs bought on Amazon. I think it's time to try Xenon Depot!
Old 01-23-14, 09:34 PM
tiamaria
Driver School Candidate

I just ordered the D4S XenonDepot HID 5000K bulbs. I couldn't beat the deal thanks to the Club Lexus hook-up! I'm looking forward to my headlights not randomly turning off on me!
Old 01-24-14, 07:56 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Sweet! Thanks for your business. Good choice on 5000K as they do a great job providing a "crisp" output with fantastic light output.

Steve
Old 03-17-14, 03:10 PM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So long story short I had all the same problems that you other fellow IS owners had with my headlights flickering, prematurely turning off on one side, leaving headlights in auto mode without confidence and I finally came to a solution. The problem is your BULBS!!!!! This car has the weirdest design on the headlights because no other car I've seen thus far uses D4S bulbs and that's why not many companies carry it but anyways! I have ran DDM bulbs, retrofitter here in VA had "his bulbs he uses for his retrofits", & morimoto and they all failed me. I am running OEM Denso ballasts and was worried I'd have to replace these expensive ballasts that are over $150 each ballast so I spoke to Steve and ordered the bulbs after reading reviews and WHOLLAAA problems fixed. The second I put the bulb in, there was no initial flicker of any kind and output has INCREASED!! I have put pictures below to describe what I'm talking about, the left picture is the xenondepot bulb and the right is morimoto. I left the headlights running for 5 minutes and you could see the morimoto flicker here and there while new xenon bulb was solid and output increased with a sharper cutoff line. If you don't believe me look at the pictures below and remember contact Steve he will answer all your questions. I also will provide the link where I bought them from and remember to use coupon code "CLGB08" to save $20!!! Good luck everyone

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/D4S-XenonD...s.htm?click=71
Attached Thumbnails 07 IS250 headlight issues-snapchat-20140314031741.jpg   07 IS250 headlight issues-snapchat-20140314031821.jpg   07 IS250 headlight issues-snapchat-20140314032124.jpg  
Old 03-18-14, 09:47 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

ms2619: Thank you so much for taking the time to post up some feedback and pictures about the XenonDepot D4S HID bulbs. I'm glad to hear (and see) that they solved your issue, and that you did not have to change out your expensive Denso ballasts As I told you on the phone, the biggest problem with D4S bulbs is that it's hard to find aftermarket ones that work properly. The marked is also flooded with fake philips D4S bulbs, so people that end up getting fakes think the problem is the ballasts (where it's really just a problem with the bulb).

Steve
Old 03-25-14, 02:26 PM
tiamaria
Driver School Candidate

5000k bulbs from Xenon Depot work great! Make sure you get your bulbs from a reputable place! I first ordered a pair of D4S bulbs from Amazon and both were bad. Xenon Depot is great and I could have saved a lot of time if I would have just ordered the bulbs there initially.

Last edited by tiamaria; 03-25-14 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-26-14, 08:11 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Thanks for posting up some feedback tiamaria.

Steve
Old 05-03-14, 10:20 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My IS recently just started having this problem on my driver side.

Do I have to take off my bumper to replace the bulb?

Should I replace both bulbs so it match better? or purchasing the OEM bulb from say Sewell Lexus will be enough?

Thanks,
Old 05-05-14, 10:25 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by panda327
My IS recently just started having this problem on my driver side.

Do I have to take off my bumper to replace the bulb?

Should I replace both bulbs so it match better? or purchasing the OEM bulb from say Sewell Lexus will be enough?

Thanks,
What problems were you having? You should be able to get the headlights without removing the bumper.

To confirm, do you have factory HID or aftermarket? If its a bulb issue, I would replace both so they match.

Danny

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 07 IS250 headlight issues