Search this Thread

Old 06-02-10, 08:12 PM
skiz88
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robertoyou
hahah NO WAY. 14 for hids?!
post a link please. wow.
No not fogs, Nokya yellow halogen bulbs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/r...2?a=B001582OQE
Old 06-02-10, 09:17 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
best HIDs? very subjective. for me...it has to be easy install and most importantly...it won't blow up within 1 yr.
haha very true.
what hids do you run?
Old 06-02-10, 09:28 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Originally Posted by skiz88
No not fogs, Nokya yellow halogen bulbs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.html/r...2?a=B001582OQE
ooh okay, i thought you meant hids at first. lol
my bad, i didnt search for it. but okay i see what your talking about
and nope for 14, you got nothing to lose. try em out and post some pics =)
Old 06-02-10, 09:54 PM
skiz88
Pole Position

Yo check it out....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ck-it-out.html
Old 06-02-10, 11:04 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

looking good!!! how do you like them?
damn im excited to get mine in! lol. hope your enjoying them
do you like that output color better than your old one?
Old 06-03-10, 06:26 AM
skiz88
Pole Position

Yea it gives it the HID look. The 4300k were bright, but I felt like they kind of defeated the purpose due to lack of color. These look sweet and still plenty bright.
Old 06-03-10, 11:21 AM
malmon
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I haven't noticed a color difference. Also I didn't mind the extra 5 minutes to literally clip together one extra harness on each side for the piece of mind knowing that if one bulbs goes, the other one doesn't.

That would be a bit of an issue for me if both my low beams went out at the same time while I was driving.
In my case I installed it on a GX470, so its not an extra 5 minutes because I have to remove several hoods in order to hide the wires and avoid the radiator.

The extra wiring harness is also poorly designed. The wiring on the the left and the right are of equal length. So the one going to the opposite side is too short and the one close to the battery is too long.

In my opinion, the higher price of the xenondepot HID is not worth it when you have an easier to install and of equal or even better quality HID from HIDextra.com.
Old 06-03-10, 01:11 PM
skiz88
Pole Position

Originally Posted by malmon
In my case I installed it on a GX470, so its not an extra 5 minutes because I have to remove several hoods in order to hide the wires and avoid the radiator.

The extra wiring harness is also poorly designed. The wiring on the the left and the right are of equal length. So the one going to the opposite side is too short and the one close to the battery is too long.

In my opinion, the higher price of the xenondepot HID is not worth it when you have an easier to install and of equal or even better quality HID from HIDextra.com.

I guess it depends where your battery is and how much lenght u need from light to battery. I didn't have a problem.

No doubt a non harness/relay system would be faster to hook up but 1) the relay is optional and 2) it took me only 40 minutes to hookup and hide/twisty tie wire and I didn't have much of a clue how to do it until i started.
Old 06-03-10, 03:19 PM
malmon
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I guess it depends where your battery is and how much lenght u need from light to battery. I didn't have a problem.

No doubt a non harness/relay system would be faster to hook up but 1) the relay is optional and 2) it took me only 40 minutes to hookup and hide/twisty tie wire and I didn't have much of a clue how to do it until i started.
The whole point of paying $180 for an HID system is to have the wiring harness, when did it become optional? If you are not planning on using the wiring harness, you might as well buy a lower cost system that doesn't need it.

Hindsight is 20/20. If I have to do it all over again, I would have bought the HID from HIDextra right from the beginning. The installation on a 2009 camry hybrid took 5 minutes on each side. It's so easy, find a spot to anchor your ballast (comes with double sided tapes and zip ties), take out the old bulb, put in the new one, and connect the wires. You're done. Best of all, both bulbs have the same light output.
Old 06-03-10, 03:46 PM
skiz88
Pole Position

The whole point of paying $180 for an HID system is to have the wiring harness, when did it become optional? If you are not planning on using the wiring harness, you might as well buy a lower cost system that doesn't need it.

Hindsight is 20/20. If I have to do it all over again, I would have bought the HID from HIDextra right from the beginning. The installation on a 2009 camry hybrid took 5 minutes on each side. It's so easy, find a spot to anchor your ballast (comes with double sided tapes and zip ties), take out the old bulb, put in the new one, and connect the wires. You're done. Best of all, both bulbs have the same light output.
Let's be honest, if it wasn't for the extra relay (which I find to be a benefit) the xenondepot system would also take 5 min on each side. The zip ties and double sided tape came with my set.
Old 06-03-10, 03:50 PM
skiz88
Pole Position

Let me also say I specifically got them from xenondepot because of the relay system. I would agree if u don't find the relay to be a benefit, there are lower priced options out there.
Old 06-03-10, 04:21 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Let's be honest, if it wasn't for the extra relay (which I find to be a benefit) the xenondepot system would also take 5 min on each side. The zip ties and double sided tape came with my set.
Let me also say I specifically got them from xenondepot because of the relay system. I would agree if u don't find the relay to be a benefit, there are lower priced options out there.

besides the extra battery relay harness, i thought the whole point of xenondepot, is that their hids are better quality and better bulbs?

ive gone to hidextra quite a few times, and just alone how they present their hids makes me think their just a cheap set. they seem like just another company trying to replicate hid bulbs/kits. xenondepot has a ton of info and help, for users and people trying to get hids.

i guess just cus xenondepot makes their website look nice and has good info, doesnt mean that their kits are any better, but it sure seems like they have better quality kits, and they give mor reasons than hidextra or any other hid seller out there that ive seen.

i havnt bought anything and id LOVE to get some badass hids and save some good money. but xenondepot has been the only one that ive seen that looks good for the price range and has gotten me to feel they sell some good products. (apart from the more expensive hids, like, xentronics)

so are hidextra and xenondepot same quality and comparable?
Old 06-03-10, 07:32 PM
elite7
Driver

Originally Posted by robertoyou
besides the extra battery relay harness, i thought the whole point of xenondepot, is that their hids are better quality and better bulbs?

ive gone to hidextra quite a few times, and just alone how they present their hids makes me think their just a cheap set. they seem like just another company trying to replicate hid bulbs/kits. xenondepot has a ton of info and help, for users and people trying to get hids.

i guess just cus xenondepot makes their website look nice and has good info, doesnt mean that their kits are any better, but it sure seems like they have better quality kits, and they give mor reasons than hidextra or any other hid seller out there that ive seen.

i havnt bought anything and id LOVE to get some badass hids and save some good money. but xenondepot has been the only one that ive seen that looks good for the price range and has gotten me to feel they sell some good products. (apart from the more expensive hids, like, xentronics)

so are hidextra and xenondepot same quality and comparable?
Go with hidextra. Personally to me Xenondepot is a rip in my opinion especially their non-volt kit. Thier xtreme xenon hid kit would have run me $200 shipped. Their cheapest "volt" kit would have run me $114.99 shipped. Plus they only have a 1 year warranty. So at $200 this is close to 3 times what i paid for my hidextra kit and at $114.99 shipped this is close to 2 times what i paid for my hidextra kit. Not only that but the xenondepot kits carry a 1 year warranty . I have a 2 year warranty on my kit which to me is a big deal.

Plus i did not like that xenondepot was out of Canada. Prefered to stick with a company in the USA. Shipping took about 4 days even though it was priority mail, but nonetheless stuff from california always takes forever to get to me. You would get your HIDextra kit in 1-2 days maximum since you are in California.

To me the warranty should be reflective of the quality which is why i went with the hidextra kit. If you do go with the hidextra kit get the slim kit. Thats the one i bought. Doing my research its more reliable, stable, and of much higher quality.

I have no bulb out lights, no radio interference, and no flickering. Also i do not have a relay or a capacitor.

I also own a 2005 lexus ls430 and to me i like the hidextra kit better than the stock OEM hid's on my ls430. The ls430 hid's light up a little over the bottom first square row on my garage from 30 feet away.

On my lx470 from 30 feet away my Hidextra kit is lighting up really close to 1/2 my garage or 2 squares high out of 4 total. The projectors in my lx470 are meant for halogen's but they still do a great job.

As for the color i chose the 5000k and it put the stock 4300k on my ls430 to shame. The ls430's hid's look greenish/yellow and my hidextra kit looks pure white.

To conclude for $70 you can't go wrong at all considering the fact that its $50 cheaper than the xenondepot volt kit and $130 cheaper than their extreme vision kit, has a 2 year warranty vs 1 year warranty on both xenondepot kits, and the company is based in the USA vs Canada, and the volt kit is apparently has taiwanese components whereas the hidextra kit is supposed to have korean components. Really you are winning in all aspects.

I am really pleased with my hidextra purchase and to me its worth every penny and then some .

You will not be disappointed. As for quality to me hidextra is a better kit quality wise. If not why does xenondepot offer a 1 year warranty? Warranty clearly reflects quality.

If you want a more blueish color when looking at the bulb go with 6000k. 5000k is pure white with a little hint of blue at the cutoff line but headon looking at the bulb its pure white. I didnt want attention from cops so i went with 5000k. My ls430 OEM hid's looks white headon as well.

Last edited by elite7; 06-03-10 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-03-10, 07:38 PM
elite7
Driver

Dont have a relay on my hidextra kit and its working flawlessly. No flickering, Color issues, Radio Interference, or bulb out indicators on the dash. Plus i got a 2 year warranty vs xenondepots 1 year warranty .
Old 06-03-10, 08:36 PM
robertoyou
Advanced

Originally Posted by elite7
Dont have a relay on my hidextra kit and its working flawlessly. No flickering, Color issues, Radio Interference, or bulb out indicators on the dash. Plus i got a 2 year warranty vs xenondepots 1 year warranty .
i wish steve would jump in this and give us some info.

idk, i just keep seeing hidextra as just another company trying to replicate hids. im not saying thats what they are or that their not good, cus honestly, i really dont know everything about them. but idk i just generated a view about them that makes me feel their kits arent so "professional"

i will look into them more though, because, yes their kits are soo much cheaper, which is probably another reason why i imagine their not good, i keep thinking they are charging so much less because their bulbs/ballasts etc arent originals, or are much cheaper to produce. again, this is all just my view.

if i can get some hard facts that hidextra is really nothing like i preceive them, then by all means, id go with hidextra. also, seeing the xenondepot ad all through the site makes me think their really legit. (guess ads do work, huh? Lol)

as for the warranty, u have a point- to some extent.
just because they offer more warranty, doesnt mean anything. the last thing i EVER go by, is warranty. because i know when buying from online stores, the last thing you should count on is warranty, returns or exchanges. not only can it become such a huge hassle, but somtimes vendors arent so reliable when it comes to that stuff. so i assume the worst from any customer support service from any online store, and i just purchase from them for the product that i want (after ive mad sure that their at least reliable enough to buy from) whats the point of say, having lifetime warranty if: a) they wont honor it or b) if their hids are knock offs, your replacement is going to be a knock off also. i rather pay a little more, have the authentic real thing, be happy and satisfied. if a companies products are good/authentic then they should most likely last and keep working.

i will do some more research on hidextra, id love to save myself some money. my hids will only be for my fogs, so im hesitating to drop 2 bills for just fogs. so buying them for 70 would be a great help. but like i said, i want to make sure their GOOD not just some imitation that just makes them look like real hids. ive seen soooo many hid kits since i started researching to get my first pair and theres just so many kits that you look at and its kind of like "wow why would i even bother with buying that" because they look so terrible just by looking at them.

and as for the out of the country thing, yeah i dont like that their from canada, but they seem VERY reliable and they have steve from xenondepot always on this forum helping out. ive messaged him qutie a few times with plenty of qs and every time he answered me back VERY quick with all my questions answered, which makes them look very good.

thanks for your input, im really considering hidextra now.

but xenondepot still has my preferance for some reason. lol

Quick Reply: best HID's