Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

anyone used DDM TUNING for HID

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-10, 07:45 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dealer374
How long did it take?, what shipping method did you choose?
i used ground shipping.. since im in socal it gets here the next day hah
Old 04-04-10, 10:30 AM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewshu3
their organization is pretty horrendous. their packaging sucks as well so i assume bulbs arrive broken quite often.
Had to do an exchange since they sent me the wrong color bulbs and one was broken. Took forever for their service rep to contact me after filing a ticket online, so i called them a couple times until they were willing to put me in touch with a human being. then they took a long time to respond to the photos i sent of the damaged bulbs. well, i was in SD for spring break, and decided to drop by their office there. In order to prevent me from asking for a full refund, their manager behind the counter gave me his assurance that id be given a price correction since their prices had fallen about 30 bucks off my original order since I placed it. a week later a service rep calls me to let me know that theyre gonna deny my price correction. then they go on to lie to my face about how the manager who offered me the price correction was fired etc etc etc.

long story short: they suck. look elsewhere, not worth the headache.
I agree their packaging does sucks a**. They crammed my brother's and my cousin's kit in one Priority box with no bubble wraps or peanuts, the kit came with no mounting bracket, and the order took forever to process whereas HIDExtra is top notch with their order processing. I bought 2 55watts, 5000K sets for my brother and my cousin, their 5000K isnt white like mines from HIDExtra. DDM's 5000K still has a slight of blue tint in it, one of my cousin's ballast failed within 15 minutes after installation.

Good products like HIDExtra shouldn't worry about life-time warranty.

This is just IMO and experiences from the 2 company.

Dara

Last edited by Sash1mi; 04-04-10 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-19-10, 07:59 AM
tenaciousF
Rookie

How do you change a bulb on their kit when it burns out? I installed over the weekend and the bulb and wiring seem to be one piece.
Old 04-22-10, 05:21 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

You just unplug the bulbs and replace it.
Old 04-29-10, 01:38 PM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1, their 35w 8k looks no different than 6k, and ofcourse not as bright as 6k
2, horrible customer service, kept pushing my questions to their other departments
3, their products seem to have a really really really good price of them right? see if you still think that after tax and shipping is applied. Yes i agree it is still cheaper than other companies, but i felt scammed by their low price advertisment.

Last edited by someboy; 04-29-10 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-29-10, 03:18 PM
dealer374
Driver

Yeah there customer service is horendous and they take for ever to process an order and ship it out. I've bought a few kits from them just so I can interchange ballasts/bulbs if I need to. But if I have a chance im going to sell them and get a kit from a different company
Old 04-30-10, 02:50 AM
whitecel
Pole Position

You guys scare me. I just got my 2 kits from them. Packaging could have been better. They took 2 weeks to get here. Hopefully there's nothing wrong with these. For $40 for the slim ballast though, I'll try it.
Old 05-03-10, 07:34 PM
mikeli689
Driver

I ordered two kits from them - one 9006, one H3 - about two weeks ago. They now send me an email informing me that they're BOTH on backorder apparently and that it'll be another week or so before they have them in.

So it'll be at least 3-weeks before they may or may not have them in. Then they have to ship them out. I expect it to take a week or so for them to arrive. In the end it'll be about 4 weeks (or approximately a month) before I receive my HIDs.

Nevertheless, I say don't go for DDM, as I've had terrible experience with them even BEFORE installing the HIDs. Who knows, maybe they'll end up shipping incorrect/bad ballasts bulbs as others have experienced too. Then I'll be really pissed.
Old 05-04-10, 11:51 AM
whitecel
Pole Position

Well it took forever to get here (2 weeks). Tested the ballast and bulbs to make sure they worked. Everything was direct p&p for the is250. Aside from the inconveniences, I'd have to say not bad for $40 for the slim kit. Now only time will tell about the quality
Old 05-04-10, 02:29 PM
tenaciousF
Rookie

My kit arrived quickly, and was plug & play. My only complaint is that the inline circuit dongle box thingy makes placement of the ballast a little difficult especially on the passenger side. I wish I had ordered the 5000k instead of the 6000k, I need light not style.
Old 05-04-10, 02:50 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikeli689
I ordered two kits from them - one 9006, one H3 - about two weeks ago. They now send me an email informing me that they're BOTH on backorder apparently and that it'll be another week or so before they have them in.

So it'll be at least 3-weeks before they may or may not have them in. Then they have to ship them out. I expect it to take a week or so for them to arrive. In the end it'll be about 4 weeks (or approximately a month) before I receive my HIDs.

Nevertheless, I say don't go for DDM, as I've had terrible experience with them even BEFORE installing the HIDs. Who knows, maybe they'll end up shipping incorrect/bad ballasts bulbs as others have experienced too. Then I'll be really pissed.
Sigh... I ordered 2 weeks ago... as of today.

I am also getting that backorder email. They said they "should" ship it out by Friday or Monday =( So I am looking at 4 weeks as well
Old 05-04-10, 03:59 PM
whitecel
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tenaciousF
My kit arrived quickly, and was plug & play. My only complaint is that the inline circuit dongle box thingy makes placement of the ballast a little difficult especially on the passenger side. I wish I had ordered the 5000k instead of the 6000k, I need light not style.
Yea i thought i wanted 3k for the fogs, but now after seeing the 5k for my headlights, I want 5k for the fogs too!
Old 05-04-10, 05:59 PM
potatoBBQ
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mikeli689
I was just at their shop last Wednesday and bought a 35W slim H3 kit so I think they have them in stock now and you should hopefully get them soon. Unfortunately, customer service is pretty unreliable/incompetent... it actually took me 3 trips to their shop to get these HIDs. Two previous times, they told me they had them in stock and when I get there, they either don't actually have right bulb or the right color in stock or just can't find them. I think I've figured out how they can sell decent quality HIDs for so cheap though... they don't hire competent employees!
Old 05-04-10, 08:06 PM
mikeli689
Driver

I think it's weird that the cheapo companies (not saying DDM is cheap as I've yet to try them out but ones on eBay) all have the lifetime warranties whereas the more expensive ones (ones that start at like $150) only have 1-year warranties. Anybody have an explanation for this?
Old 05-04-10, 10:45 PM
phongh
Lead Lap

I don't know about other companies. As for DDM I live 4 miles from them. If i have a problem they will gladely replace the defect unit or whatever it it is. I bought like 3 kits from them. With the price you can't really ask for more. I think most people dislike the service because the delay and horrible customer service. Since i'm local its fine with me.

Quick Reply: anyone used DDM TUNING for HID