Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

New style tail lights from pro car parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-02, 09:45 AM
01VaporBlueRX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New style tail lights from pro car parts

Did you know that pro car parts carried the new style tail lights for our cars?? I kno i've already got em but i was searching around on ebay (wont give link ) and i found an auction for them...I wonder if they sell em on their site too?? Just thought i'd let you all know. BTW i am in no way affiliated with pro car parts...
-Paul
Old 05-19-02, 09:56 AM
Shonuff
Pole Position

they sell them on their website for a lot cheaper then the auction. i already have a set on the way =)
Old 05-19-02, 10:03 AM
01VaporBlueRX
Pole Position

well so they do. cool. Thats a LOT cheaper than what people were paying from the dealer, and they both look very similar.
Old 05-19-02, 10:37 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Hey, thanks for the info Paul! That's pretty cool. I always thought aftermarket altezzas were ricey, but what about these This would have to be the exception b/c the come stock on the RX.
Old 05-20-02, 01:33 AM
nerdspeed
Rookie

Originally posted by Shonuff
they sell them on their website for a lot cheaper then the auction. i already have a set on the way =)
when you get them, let us know if they light up like the new one's, because from the outside they look nice, but i'm kind of questioning if they light up the same... but we'll see.
Old 05-20-02, 06:50 AM
Shonuff
Pole Position

got a digital camera and a whole lot of new parts on the way. will post pics as soon as they get here =)
Old 05-20-02, 08:47 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by nerdspeed

when you get them, let us know if they light up like the new one's, because from the outside they look nice, but i'm kind of questioning if they light up the same... but we'll see.
That was my concern because all the aftermarket altezzas I see don't light up as well as the OEM tail lights, but these aftermarket RX lights look just like OEM's. They also come with bulbs and wires. I wonder how difficult (or easy ) installation is.
Old 05-20-02, 11:39 AM
malhokc
Pole Position

That's great news!! I have a 2000 RX and been wanting to convert the rear lights. Anyone posting pictures or sharing their experience (installation time, how they light up). I know the dealer is charging about $550 for all four.
Old 05-20-02, 12:00 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by malhokc
That's great news!! I have a 2000 RX and been wanting to convert the rear lights. Anyone posting pictures or sharing their experience (installation time, how they light up). I know the dealer is charging about $550 for all four.
Yeah, it's seems like a steal from Pro Car Parts - almost too good to be true. My only concern is how well they light up compared to the OEM's.
Old 05-20-02, 04:05 PM
Swing913
Pole Position

CAN SOMEONe pls post the link of Pro Car parts or their web site, cuz I want to order too. pls pls pls.
Old 05-20-02, 04:15 PM
Daddy-O
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try http://www.procarparts.com.
Old 05-20-02, 10:22 PM
Shonuff
Pole Position

my set shipped today. will be here on friday. will post pics if my digital camera arrives by then.

also had the lower grey part of the vehichle painted black today =) got a lot of mods coming in this week and next week. hopefully my exhaust will be here and ready to go. should have my intake any day now. next week having a better alarm with pager and remote start done. also finishing up the computer with 10.4" touchscreen and working on the sub box and amp rack. wait till you guys see the dash. hehehe

also have my guy working on the eyelids............nopi dragged their legs with shipping them. should have something back from him by friday or monday...................we'll see how they turn out.

also order a few parts from: http://store.yahoo.com/lexusparts/
got a couple of chrome goodies coming next week i hope. did the chrome grill mod last week.

still looking for some decent chrome side/nerf bars. leaning towards the maniks (not scared of drilling.....see my dash hehe)

but i want something more like the ones on the toyota highlander. think those might fit with some drilling??
Old 05-21-02, 05:25 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

but i want something more like the ones on the toyota highlander. think those might fit with some drilling??
That's what I want - like the MB ML too. They fit very close to the body - integrated nicely.

Like this
Attached Thumbnails New style tail lights from pro car parts-rx.jpg  
Old 05-21-02, 07:40 AM
Shonuff
Pole Position

lexrx.................yup like that. i like the way they look on the highlander and the benz. do you think that the highlander ones are around the same length as the rx? i don't mind doing a little hacking =)

i found an online dealer that sells the ones toyota uses on the highlander (steel horse). i guess i need to go to the toyota dealer and do some measuring today.
Old 05-21-02, 07:05 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

i found an online dealer that sells the ones toyota uses on the highlander (steel horse). i guess i need to go to the toyota dealer and do some measuring today.
Yeah, steel horse, that's the brand. I remeber reading that somewhere. I think the length would be about the same, but I don't think it will fit up right w/o some modification. Then again, it's worth a shot.

Quick Reply: New style tail lights from pro car parts