Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

RX 300 Clear corner install

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-02, 09:19 AM
CAmsRX3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clear corner install.

ok, I know this subject has been posted before but I need step by step instructions on installing the clear corners.

I've been looking at other posts and i dont understand (im kinda slow at this stuff )

also, I would like to know what bulbs other CL members used in the clear corners. What looked best?
Old 04-15-02, 11:00 AM
maxlex
Driver School Candidate

I just got my clearcorners the other day but have yet to install them as I'm still awaiting the bulbs.

I ordered Phillips Silvervision bulbs from www.powerbulbs.com. These are really nice as they are silver bulbs but light up yellow. It makes the installation look so much cleaner than having big ugly yellow bulbs sticking out. I learned about these bulbs from the previous clear corners post a while back.

As far as installation, I will take some pics when I attempt the install late this week.

Hope this helps...
Old 04-16-02, 12:00 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

install is pretty simple... until you hit the passenger side which is going to be a &^*#$(*&...

first pull the plastic fender open which is at the front wheel.
give enough room so you can put your hand in.
feel around for the backend side of the side marker.
now you feel a nut and unscrew it.. its going to be tuff but if you need help, grab the wrench from the spare tire and its the 10mm one i think, and try to unscrew it. careful not to drop the wrench.
once loosen, just pull off the side marker, hold onto the nut, dont drop that either.
swap it, put it back in place and tighten it back on. pretty simple once you get your hands dirty.

when you are on passenger side, have patience. Theres going to be something blocking your way and you will want to give up. Dont, it will work. took me 30 mins to work mine and finally it came loose. thast about it =).

hope this helps, i should had organized it more but its late
Old 04-17-02, 06:21 AM
CAmsRX3
Driver

I started last night at around 7 and was done with the
driver side at around 7:10. It was a breeze

THEN CAME THE PASS. SIDE

The MOTHERFU$*K'EN WATER PUMP OR WHAT EVER THE F$*k IT IS,
WAS THE BIGGEST PAIN IN THE FU$*K'EN A$$!!!

EXCUSE MY FRENCH

I FINISHED AROUND 8:30, OH AND IT WAS DARK OUT SO THAT DIDNT REALLY HELP EITHER.

tHANKS SPIN, UR DIRECTIONS REALLY HELPED ME OUT.

SO WHAT ABOUT THE BACK ONES?? WHERE CAN I GET
Old 04-17-02, 07:43 AM
Goncookoo

I think were still waiting on someone to talk to their brother who knows a lexus mechanic?? was that what it was?

yea, many of us are anxiously awaiting the instructions on how to change the rear ones.

no rush or anything... we just dont want all RX's on the street to end up with clear front markers and red rear ones.

goncookoo
Old 04-17-02, 10:41 AM
maxlex
Driver School Candidate

I'm going to be doing the clear corner install tomorrow. My plan is to take some pictures too.... Maybe it'll help future installers.

Also going to be changing the rear yellow blinkers to Silvervisions.

As far as the rear corners go, I'm surprised that no one has a service manual yet. Do they even sell them for our car? The one I bought for my Maxima was the most usefull $100 I've spent. I replaced my entire sunroof assembly using that thing.
Old 04-17-02, 10:44 AM
CAmsRX3
Driver

does anybody know if the ones from the front fit can fit the rear?

i thought I read a post that said if u turn the front ones upside down theyll fit the back? Is that true?
Old 04-17-02, 11:18 AM
maxlex
Driver School Candidate

Yup, the fronts are the same as the backs... you just flip 'em over.
getting them in there is a whole other matter...
Old 04-17-02, 05:52 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

CAMS, where do you live?? If you live close by I'll swing by and help you out....
Old 04-17-02, 05:56 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Goncookoo
I think were still waiting on someone to talk to their brother who knows a lexus mechanic?? was that what it was?

yea, many of us are anxiously awaiting the instructions on how to change the rear ones.

no rush or anything... we just dont want all RX's on the street to end up with clear front markers and red rear ones.

goncookoo
Hey, Hey, Hey...... I've been having some personal problems... I don't have much time for anything right now.. Going CRAZY is taking up all my time..... And for all you that don't know, my fiance called everything off.... For no reason at all... Or atleast that I know of yet..... OH man, if I find something out................................................................................................................................................................................................... KILL.

Yeah, but as to those markers I will see that guy soon...
Old 04-17-02, 06:45 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

hope it works out Mike, i had no time at all, i'll give u a ring later on, i will dont worry, caught up in school and work...

they do sell the service manual, someone on this forum has it, i forgot who. as for the rears, dunno i do like the reds in the back... matches with the rear brake lights =)

but if the back clears work... i might want to change too.. =P
Old 04-17-02, 06:59 PM
Goncookoo

no pressure mrsypher! didnt mean to pressure you at all.

take care of your business first. in the mean time this will give us all time to re-familiarize ourselves with the rear bumper as we try to go mess around with it... again.

"Women: Can't live with them, can't bury them in the back yard without the neighbours seeing."
-Sean Williamson

(smile dude!)

goncookoo
Old 04-17-02, 08:56 PM
CAmsRX3
Driver

Originally posted by mrsypher
CAMS, where do you live?? If you live close by I'll swing by and help you out....
I live in STaten Island

But,
Take care of your personal stuff, Im in no rush.

Thanks Syph.
Old 04-18-02, 03:57 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Old 04-21-02, 02:36 PM
maxlex
Driver School Candidate

Any luck getting those rears installed?

I successfully installed the fronts using only tools from the toolkit. Only took about 30 minutes total. Like everyone says, the passenger side is tough... I have big hands, and I only dropped the wrench once(thank god it dropped out the bottom).

The bulbs I used for the front clears are Phillips Blue Visions. They light up nice and WHITE and are much cleaner looking than putting yellow bulbs in. Otherwise you could just leave the stock clear bulbs in there if you are worried about having blue bulbs.

I have pictures that I took of the installation process, but I don't know how much they will help. The passenger side ones are probably not super helpful because of the lighting and small space where my camera wouldn't fit. Let me know if anyone wants me to post them.

While I was at it, I replaced the rear yellow blinkers with Phillips Silvervision bulbs. These bulbs are wild because they are a silver color unlit, but they light up yellow. It takes all of the yellow tint out of the rear lense so the whole area is silver. I've got pics of this as well.

I'm on a mission now to replace all the exterior bulbs on this thing... next up: Those little parking lights next to the HID low beams! Those bastards are gonna be BRIGHT if I've got anything to do with it!

Quick Reply: RX 300 Clear corner install