Notices
Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

HIDEXTRA.com HID Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-11, 12:48 AM
GGP927
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HIDEXTRA: I sent you an email regarding an issue with my slim hid h3 3000k kit.

Heres what I've had so far with HIDextra:

i've installed an HIDextra h11 5000k regular kit on a 2010 camry for the low beams and its been going on 15000 miles strong, a daily driven car.

i've installed numerous hidextra h3 3000k kits on my 2005 is300 fog lights. first set i bought from hid extra, the set ended up having bad bulbs in less than a year. then purchased a slim HID kit instead to see if they'll work better, and in less than a year one side has gone out again. so, I have one last regular hid kit ive yet to open and use, just saving it so far. I've contacted in terms of receiving new bulbs or ballasts after i've sorted out whether i got a bad bulb or ballast to claim that one year warranty they have.
Old 10-10-11, 11:34 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Hello!

Please check inbox!

Thank you.

HIDextra
Old 10-28-11, 12:26 AM
WLGS01
Pole Position

Ordered a kit for the GF's car, will try them on the GS first, hopefully all goes well.
Old 10-28-11, 09:39 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Hello,

Thank you for purchasing at HIDextra. If ever there will be questions or concerns, Please email help@hidsupport.com so we can further assist you.

Thank you.
Old 10-29-11, 01:08 PM
WLGS01
Pole Position

The kit blown my fuses on the corolla s...and flickers on my GS. 8k was too blue for my liking, gave off the same output as a previous 10k kit i owned.
Old 10-31-11, 12:36 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Hello,

If Car Fuses Keep Popping
Potential Solutions:
• Check if 15 amp fuses are being used, since 10 amp fuses are more easily blown. Never use a 20 or higher amp fuse.
• If the fuses are already 15 amps, it is possible that the particular attached ballast is causing feedback which is blowing the fuse.

If One Side Flickers, Flashes, or Works Intermittently

Potential Solutions:
• There may be a malfunctioning part. To determine this, simply swap the ballast from the non-working side to the working side to see if the problem follows. Do the same for the bulb. Whichever part that the problem follows is the culprit.
• If even after swapping all parts the problem persists on the same side, there is a voltage problem with the vehicle. Hook up a relay to bypass this problem.

IfBoth Sides Flicker, Flash, or Work Intermittently
Potential Solutions:
• Turn off the daytime running lights and/or auto-light on feature to prevent those features from affecting the operation of HIDs.
• A relay may be needed for specific vehicles to help regulate power for the kit so that the lights will stay on consistently.
• A pair of capacitors may be needed for specific vehicles to help store power for the kit so that the lights will stay on consistently.
• If the capacitors and/or relay fail to resolve this problem, there may be malfunctioning parts.

For replacements/exchange please email help@hidsupport.com

Thank you.

HIDextra
Old 11-06-11, 10:59 AM
Nelly
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I currently have cheap ebay 3000k bulbs that appear a little green =/

How much for just a pair of 3000k bulbs shipped in H11 to 94131?
Old 11-07-11, 01:34 AM
GGP927
Rookie

Originally Posted by HIDXTRA
Hello!

Please check inbox!

Thank you.

HIDextra
just submited a warranty claim earlier today for my slim h3 3000k kit. ballast went bad, hope i get my warranty and get a new slim ballast for that
Old 11-07-11, 10:33 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Default Hid

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in our products. Please know that we have a FREE shipping within United States.

Our Kit is starting at $59.99. Please visit www.hidextra.com so you can view our products and our featured products.

We have an on going 10% OFF, coupon code is: newcust

Thank you.

Originally Posted by InspireME
I currently have cheap ebay 3000k bulbs that appear a little green =/

How much for just a pair of 3000k bulbs shipped in H11 to 94131?
Old 11-07-11, 10:35 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Default Hid

Hello,

Please PM us your whole name and information so we can double check and give your tracking number.

thank you.

Originally Posted by GGP927
just submited a warranty claim earlier today for my slim h3 3000k kit. ballast went bad, hope i get my warranty and get a new slim ballast for that
Old 11-09-11, 04:46 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

I have had an HID kit with 6000k's for a year and LED license plate bulbs for about 3 months. In that time i have had to replace a ballast and now a HID bulb is burnt out and 3 of the 5 lights on the 194 LED license plate bulbs is burnt out. Is there a warranty on any of this or am i out of luck?
Old 11-10-11, 10:01 AM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Default Hid

Hello,

Our warranty covers 1 year after purchase date. For your warranty please email help@hidsupport.com so we can further assist you with your replacements.

Thank you.

HIDextra

Originally Posted by gray_es300
I have had an HID kit with 6000k's for a year and LED license plate bulbs for about 3 months. In that time i have had to replace a ballast and now a HID bulb is burnt out and 3 of the 5 lights on the 194 LED license plate bulbs is burnt out. Is there a warranty on any of this or am i out of luck?
Old 11-16-11, 10:45 AM
kponti
Driver

My question is when do you really need that Universal HID Relay Harness? I have the 9007 kit on a Mercury Mountaineer (yes I know its a Lexus forum, but I have bought your kits for 4 other Lexus' before trying it on the truck), and it just does not want to behave right. This is the first out of 5 kits from you that has given me so much problems. I took the kit off the car a year ago but I now want to give it another try.

It has issues such as one bulb not coming on until you turn on and off a couple of times then it comes back on. Now one bulb is purple (5000k kit) and I am assuming it is probably burnt out. Ok so I ordered a new bulb (order number 18593) but I am wondering if using the universal relay kit will help with it actually coming on properly?
If the kit wont work, will the capacitors/cancellors work instead? if so I would like to switch it in my order. Thanks

Last edited by kponti; 11-16-11 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-16-11, 05:40 PM
HIDXTRA
Former Sponsor

Relay harness helps regulate the power to the ballast & Capacitors eliminates signal error & flickering issues. What we can recommend is Try Relay if the the issue will be solved if not try Capacitors if not, Try to hook up both Relay & capacitors with the kit.

If you don't have Capacitors with you, we can shipped out capacitors.

Please advise.

Thank you.

HIDextra
Old 11-17-11, 12:18 AM
kponti
Driver

I have one capacitor I got a while back that works great, but I just bought the relay harness so I will try that over the weekend (if it gets here) then update the results

Quick Reply: HIDEXTRA.com HID Review