Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

2008 LX570 HID Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-09, 10:47 PM
Fab Lane
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 LX570 HID Question

I have a 2008 LX and want to switch out my factory headlights for HID / Xenon. I understand that you need ballast, wiring harness, etc..... My question is how can you tell which brand/system is a good one? I hear people saying Philips bulbs are the best. Are Sylvania bulbs any good? Also, I came across a web site that says their kit doesnt cause the warning light to come on because their kit is specifically for the 2008 LX/GX. Is this problem common with aftermarket HID kits, a dash warning light coming on? Has anyone delt w/ XenonLink.com or heard about their products? How about a company called HID XX? HID XX uses Matshusita ballasts and special wiring for the LX computer. Anyone heard of them? Theres also one on wooddashexperts.com, and ive ordered products from them before and am happy w/ their customer service etc... but the HID kit they offer is a universal kit by Notto SE. Is this any good? Ive also heard that if you install a HID kit you loose your high beams. Is this true? If so can I get a dual beam (high/low beam) for my LX570? How about the fog lights, is a Super Plasma Xenon HID H11 bulb a good way to go or do I need to get ballasts etc. for fog lights as well???? Please guide me some one, im very confused!!!! LEXUS: PUT FACTORY XENON'S / HID'S IN THE LX LIKE THE REST OF LEXUS MODELS, WOULD YA!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-11, 07:23 PM
qatar
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fab lane,
Choosing a hid brand is a matter of preference, however, Philips is a good brand, but a bit more expensive than competition. When you purchase a Hid system, the ballast and igniter (depending on whether a 2 or 3 piece system) all come along. And as far as the warning light, what exactly are we talking about, because thats a common problem with American and German cars, but not Japanese. As for have a hid system specifically for the LX, thats on outstretch, because its a universal kit and your car uses H11 bulbs, which is commonly used in foglights and headlights, so don't believe that. If you install hid's, you will not lose anything, least of all your high beams. If you want xenon for your high beams, then you need a second set, however, it'll be a wasted money because we don't use high beams as much as low beams, and hid's need few seconds to reach operating temperature (3-7 seconds), you'll be better off getting them for your fog lights.