Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Lights....again...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-02, 09:29 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lights....again...

Unfortunatly we didnt order the HID lights on our 2001 RX. My mom likes the look of them though. What is a good brand of look alikes to get. Is there even a point to switing if it is going to be worse or the same brightness of the stock then i'm not going to change. I just want to change out the DRL and the other big light. What models to thanks. Sorry if this is weird im super tyred.
Old 02-23-02, 08:26 AM
hleo1
Pole Position

Lexusboy,

check out this thread about long discussions on aftermarket HIDs...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=34783
Old 02-23-02, 10:04 AM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Ok HIDs are a bit expensive. Now what if I wanted HID look alikes??? Will the quailty be better then stock (I know I shouldn't be as good as HID Quaility). Or should I just get HIDS. They are a bit expensive.
Old 02-23-02, 11:29 AM
Chan
Driver School Candidate

Hey LeXusBoy, I'm in the same situation as you. I didn't want to pay for me would be worthless the Navi package.

I say let's start a groupbuy to get us better pricing.

Can someone post info on how to install HID into non HID RXs?
Old 02-24-02, 09:38 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

My friends..... Don't be lazy and search for what you want.. There are several threads on HID's in this furum... Just take some time and look around...
Old 02-24-02, 12:47 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

I got the lights and they look good. Only thing i didnt get was a blue parking light, stupid laws.
Old 02-24-02, 05:07 PM
Chan
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by LeXusBoy
I got the lights and they look good. Only thing i didnt get was a blue parking light, stupid laws.

Where'd you get yours from? And how much?
Old 02-25-02, 03:01 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

If you want the look of HID go for the real deal, not just the fake bulbs. They are not worth it, and IMO are a cheap imitation. You can get a true kit starting around $4-500.

-Nick
Old 02-25-02, 06:29 PM
LeXusBoy
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Chan

Where'd you get yours from? And how much?
I got mine at Pepboys. They are called like Hyper White Xenon or somthing like that. They were around $60-70. I got 2 9006 and 2 9005.
Old 02-25-02, 10:16 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Nick, Seems as though I'm following you thread for thread... Oh and I also agree with Nick, you have to go with the real deal HID's if you want some real quality lights..... If you think about it, it really doesn't cost that much... And if it does you shouldn't be in a LEX...........................................................
Old 02-26-02, 05:47 AM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Originally posted by mrsypher
Nick, Seems as though I'm following you thread for thread... Oh and I also agree with Nick, you have to go with the real deal HID's if you want some real quality lights..... If you think about it, it really doesn't cost that much... And if it does you shouldn't be in a LEX...........................................................
Stop...following me, ahhhhh!!!! I'm subscribed to so many threads anyway:eek:

-Nick
Old 08-09-02, 07:07 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by LeXusBoy
The blue parking lights aren't legal?
Old 08-09-02, 10:59 AM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

if you want to go for Look alike Hids bulbs... which WONT compare to REAL HIDS... then look for PIAA RAZO or Raybrigs
those are the only reliable and nice ones on the market.

check ebay or something, you can find good prices there. As for REAL HIDS, you can also check ebay. Sometimes they have good prices on those also.

Good luck

Blue bulbs in front are illegal... i'm just happy i havn't got pulled over yet. I think maybe when cops see my blinding bright HIDS in there face, you can bearly see the blue parking and wedge bulbs on the side because it blends in. Then for the part that i think i can trick the cop would my signaling left or right since they are still the stock amber so the cop would just think to himself... stupid expensive cars...

but ya... hope i dont get pulled over for no license plate then i'll get stormed with all those blue blubs tickets haha
Old 08-09-02, 11:29 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Originally posted by spinteews
if you want to go for Look alike Hids bulbs... which WONT compare to REAL HIDS... then look for PIAA RAZO or Raybrigs
those are the only reliable and nice ones on the market.

check ebay or something, you can find good prices there. As for REAL HIDS, you can also check ebay. Sometimes they have good prices on those also.

Good luck

Blue bulbs in front are illegal... i'm just happy i havn't got pulled over yet. I think maybe when cops see my blinding bright HIDS in there face, you can bearly see the blue parking and wedge bulbs on the side because it blends in. Then for the part that i think i can trick the cop would my signaling left or right since they are still the stock amber so the cop would just think to himself... stupid expensive cars...

but ya... hope i dont get pulled over for no license plate then i'll get stormed with all those blue blubs tickets haha
Spin - yeah, it's a fine line we have to cross now and then between the law and STYLE! Keep 'em on their toes know what I mean? My front plate fell off in the car wash two days ago and I've gotta admit it looked killer with it off - not worth the hassle and ticket to leave it that way though.

I can't justify the cost of real HID's right now - gotta get that RMM exhaust :-)

But you're right about at least getting quality bulbs - ordered some Razo Premium White Zero's yesterday after seeing them on another guys pics here on the forum - looks like the closest you can get to HID without the $$$

Alright Spin - gotta get back to work here... just make sure you drive fast enough so the cops can't tell your lights are blue ;-)

Later,
ck
Old 08-09-02, 01:44 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

Hah

if i'd do get pulled over for license its most likly going to be a fix ticket... so once i fix it and it back on i'm free... something like that i think haha... happen to me when i was driving my sisters car with them superwhite wedges... just fix it and done...

If you looking for the RMM exhaust... check with Sypher... he might be parting with those.

Quick Reply: Lights....again...