Lighting A place to ask questions about HIDs & other Lexus lights

Before and after- stock,LED's, polarg

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-06, 09:37 PM
ZULU789
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before and after- stock,LED's, polarg

I decided to change some of the lights on my Gs300 ( Thanks to cliffud for advise on led's)
Some these are the before and after.

Front door stock

Rear door stock

194-5 LEDs From Superbrightleds
Front door

Rear door

Definetivelly an improvement more blueish.

Rear Courtesy Stock

194-5 LEDs From Superbrightleds

Detail

License plate lights stock

License plate led's

More lights comming up........
Old 09-08-06, 09:51 PM
johnAboy
Driver

nice zulu.

how much did all the leds cost?
Old 09-08-06, 10:30 PM
ZULU789
Rookie

Around $58 with shipping included......
Old 09-08-06, 11:16 PM
johnAboy
Driver

not too bad. i heard the polarg's are brighter than a lot of the other leds ppl on here have tried.

i'm thinking about using those for the puddle lamps on my IS. do you think they're worth the price?
Old 09-09-06, 07:27 AM
ZULU789
Rookie

Definetivelly, brightness is more important in some places than color.
You can see the change from yelllowish to blueish in the puddle lights with a little increase in brightness.
Also the type of cover and reflective housing plays a major role.
You can see on the rear courtesy light the led's worked fantastic because the housing has a mirror relective housing.
The puddle does not, just a white housing , not much of light bouncingback from those.
Priced around $10.00 for a pair they are more expensive than led's but not that much..
Old 09-09-06, 09:06 AM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Default More Info....

Hey Zulu,

Looks really really good the before and after......can you pm more info on where to get the led's? Or maybe just post it on here.....thanks!

-Joe
Old 09-09-06, 09:32 AM
ZULU789
Rookie

NP. The place i ordered from is http://www.superbrightleds.com/
Fast shipping,every light comes individually identified in a pink plastic bag with instructions about polarity
Just remember i did not like the map light and dome light on Led's see my "Before and after- stock,LED's, polarg 2.0", is for map lights and dome as well as footwell. For dome i used PIAA and polarg for map lights.
Old 09-09-06, 09:58 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I used to have polarg bulb for my license plate...
They look whiter than oem and it's easier for cops to read your plate when they write you tickets! xD

Why are your Rear Courtesy Stock so white?

Last edited by aznxenon; 09-09-06 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-09-06, 02:03 PM
ZULU789
Rookie

194-5 LEDs on courtesy lights
Old 09-15-06, 07:28 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZULU789
NP. The place i ordered from is http://www.superbrightleds.com/
Fast shipping,every light comes individually identified in a pink plastic bag with instructions about polarity
Just remember i did not like the map light and dome light on Led's see my "Before and after- stock,LED's, polarg 2.0", is for map lights and dome as well as footwell. For dome i used PIAA and polarg for map lights.

Great addition to the car. I love the white-blueish look rather than the traditional yellow bulbs. It looks good.
Old 09-15-06, 08:54 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I saw the LEDS on superbrightled and thought i'd give it a try since they were cheaper than polargs anyways. I put them in and they were nice, but not as bright as I wanted and so I returned them all and went back to polargs. There were hotspots with the LED and the festoon in the dome light (even with the 9 LED festoon). So now my car is all polarg (yea it's expensive ) and I couldn't be happier. The light distribution is more even with regular bulbs as LEDs have limited light dispersion, at least the one superbrightled carries.

They're not bad by any mean, but I would reserve them for license plate bulbs and such things.

Now the only thing I need to chance is the dome light lens. Its yellow-ish so it's hindering some of the light. I got into my friend's 2004 corolla and the dome lights up the cabin much better than my car.
Old 09-15-06, 09:09 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

hey was it easy to install?

and can ya link me to the ones i need, ima order them this weekend
Old 09-15-06, 09:22 PM
GSteg
Rookie

they're easy to install. the hardest one to install are the dome lights, but that's not saying much because you can easily replace those too. the fun ones are the one that belongs to the door. I can finish all the doors in 2 minutes
Old 09-17-06, 08:14 PM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSteg
I saw the LEDS on superbrightled and thought i'd give it a try since they were cheaper than polargs anyways. I put them in and they were nice, but not as bright as I wanted and so I returned them all and went back to polargs. There were hotspots with the LED and the festoon in the dome light (even with the 9 LED festoon). So now my car is all polarg (yea it's expensive ) and I couldn't be happier. The light distribution is more even with regular bulbs as LEDs have limited light dispersion, at least the one superbrightled carries.

They're not bad by any mean, but I would reserve them for license plate bulbs and such things.

Now the only thing I need to chance is the dome light lens. Its yellow-ish so it's hindering some of the light. I got into my friend's 2004 corolla and the dome lights up the cabin much better than my car.
Spill the beans where you bought all your Polarg bulbs to replace the stock with so we can replace ours as well.
Old 09-17-06, 08:18 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Beleive it not, you can buy the M4's (and maybe the M6) at your local Honda dealer. I was surprised when I went to Honda World to find pack of M4s for only $8.95. Cheaper than a lot of places online.

BTW, where are you in CA? If you're in socal, Super Autobacs has them even cheaper than Honda by maybe 50 cents or so. The M16 and M17 I ordered online, but I forgot where. I'll take pictures.

Quick Reply: Before and after- stock,LED's, polarg